GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/red_rock/beavercreek-camp.shtml

Beaver Creek Campground

Location: 47 miles south of Flagstaff a few miles off the interstate .Elevation is 3,800 ft.

GPS Coord: N34° 40’ 12.504”, W-111° 42’ 47.268”

now third paragraph on this link under Seasonal, Graphic and Micro environmental Differences... (it will not let me copy and paste sorry). It starts out.... The major location types in this study.... read this
I understand this is talking now of the approx. elevation of Beaver Creek Campground area, not at higher altitudes.

I am trying to factor into my thought process for humidity during monsoon. Actually trying to find a site that has humidity and heat index for that area that will go back so I can get a better idea. This was the only thing I could find on desert decomp. cannot find any body farms out that way to gather desert data from. I guess one is in the works for future unless anyone on here knows of one, would love a name or a link. Thank you

Thank you Portabella! I didn't realize that the elevation was so low. :)

Thanks for posting that interview. It is refreshing to see that there are still people out there who care and I commend this man for what he has done. Had he not continued searching it's likely Sylar would have never been found.

Thanks for the information -- I was thinking it could have been a ''dump'' site. Even though it is ''closed'' it may provide some clues. You could still park there and walk in right?

On a recent trip to Phoenix I was stunned by the number of closures of rest stops but you could pull off on road and walk in if you wanted to .... thanks for your information.

I guess you could park & walk in, although it is closed at the off ramp. The restrooms are being completely rebuilt. I asked dh to check what is going on there the next time he goes by.

BTW, the rest area is downstream from the campground. So any nearby washes would lead south-southwest, away from where they were camping.

I guess you could park & walk in, although it is closed at the off ramp. The restrooms are being completely rebuilt. I asked dh to check what is going on there the next time he goes by.

BTW, the rest area is downstream from the campground. So any nearby washes would lead south-southwest, away from where they were camping.

Thanks Savmom - it would be interesting to know where they found Sylar (direction wise). :angel:

I am not only referring to Sylar being missing.

While in Tina's care...that we KNOW about...

Sylar overdosed on tranquilizers in November 2009 and "nearly died" from it. This was blamed on the babysitter. This could be both child neglect and child endangerment.

There was pot found in Sylar's backpack - January 2010 - could be considered child endangerment. I believe this was also blamed on the babysitter.

I am guessing there is other things we simply haven't heard about.

They definitely could have charged Tina with child endangerment or child neglect when he came up missing. Especially if it was the SAME babysitter, giving her a second chance after she almost killed him? Yeah, I would call that endangering his safety and neglecting him.

I don't believe it was the babysitter, I am just saying that even with her claim of a babysitter...they could still charge her.

I think the reason he "disappeared" on July 25th is because there was no babysitter to blame the endangerment and/or neglect on this time. The blame would have had to go to Tina, her mother or one of her kids. That was unacceptable, so the evidence simply had to be discarded.

That's better than believing it was intentional.

I see your point, but don't necessarily agree due to the fact that there are times when children wander off and have an unfortunately demise and the parents are never charge. This case is listed as accidental similar to Emmitt Trapp. LE would have to prove neglect which would be difficult without any hard evidence. Misty Croslin hasn't been charged with neglect and Haleigh went missing on her watch.

I'm not saying that I don't believe there is neglect involved here, I just don't think it's just that easy to charge for neglect as what people think.

Thanks for the information -- I was thinking it could have been a ''dump'' site. Even though it is ''closed'' it may provide some clues. You could still park there and walk in right?

On a recent trip to Phoenix I was stunned by the number of closures of rest stops but you could pull off on road and walk in if you wanted to .... thanks for your information.

I remember reading they closed the rest stops due to the states budget, and just recently read where they were reopening them. Here's a link to the closing of them. Sorry if it's o/t.

http://www.kold.com/Global/link.asp?L=411795

it would be interesting to know where they found Sylar (direction wise). :angel:

I think you can get a pretty good idea by reading that sedona times article.
http://sedonatimes.com/search-for-sylar-newton-and-emmett-trapp/

It states they found the body "100 yards up a wash from FR 618 approximately 1-1/4 miles from the campground".

Looking at google satellite maps, if you zoom to 1000', just about due south of the campground, you will see a mountain/hill with a white surface. Below it, you'll see several branches of flow forming into one larger wash. My guess is this is the wash they found him in, 100 yards up from where it intersects FR618.

hope that all makes sense and hope this link to google maps works....
http://tinyurl.com/3x9596q

It states they found the body "100 yards up a wash from FR 618 approximately 1-1/4 miles from the campground".

Looking at google satellite maps, if you zoom to 1000', just about due south of the campground, you will see a mountain/hill with a white surface. Below it, you'll see several branches of flow forming into one larger wash. My guess is this is the wash they found him in, 100 yards up from where it intersects FR618.

Thanks for this -- my pea brain is now at rest -- I was thinking that maybe he was deposited near the rest stop and washed downstream to the spot where he was found.

When I read your link carefully, I noted that Aug 2 the posse was alerted to buzzards and ravens circling.

Our Posse was again called out on the Sylar Newton search Monday, August 2nd at 12:15 PM to investigate a report of circling vultures and ravens near FR 618 approximately 2 miles from the Beaver Creek Campground. Six members of our Posse responded and after a disciplined close order grid search lasting several hours, no evidence was found and the search operation was terminated by YCSO.

Later that night Emmett Trapp was missing.
Thanks for the link it provided good information.

Your map link worked great. I went and grabbed a 3D image from google earth of the same area to try and tell likely direction of water flow. IMO the water flowed in a southwest direction. I will post another more zoomed out so we have a better perspective of the topography and the large canyons.

picture.php

I hope they check the area of the wash for any signs that the other kids might have gone down there during the night...maybe to smoke, get high or drink...whatever. Perhaps if they did, then Sylar could have followed them. Maybe if they did sneak out they didn't even go to that area but maybe Sylar tried to follow them and he wound up in that area. They might not have even known he was following them.

It is my understanding that he was found in a wash that does not directly connect to the campground. Anyone with knowledge of the area able to mark the approx. location of the remains on a map? I believe he was either 1.25 or 1.5 miles up the wash when he was found and then they figure that he was originally anywhere from 3 to 6 miles upstream before the rains.

It is my understanding that he was found in a wash that does not directly connect to the campground. Anyone with knowledge of the area able to mark the approx. location of the remains on a map? I believe he was either 1.25 or 1.5 miles up the wash when he was found and then they figure that he was originally anywhere from 3 to 6 miles upstream before the rains.

I am so much better with flat (hard copy old fashioned) topography maps -- tried to figure out what was five miles from campsite and voila there's a highway exit 298 that was nearby....roughly 3 miles north of the campsite.....:dance:

I am so much better with flat (hard copy old fashioned) topography maps -- tried to figure out what was five miles from campsite and voila there's a highway exit 298 that was nearby....roughly 3 miles north of the campsite.....:dance:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Is there a wash and does it NOT lead into the camp?
When I clicked the link it took me to the generic google map.

Is there a wash and does it NOT lead into the camp?
When I clicked the link it took me to the generic google map.

I put the map up with the ''exit'' - I was trying to determine a drivable spot first. I don't know how to transpose what I found onto a google topography map sorry. I just so excited when I found the exit within ''range'' -- a good starting point for other leads.

Boy did I mess up -- I didn't get the link right brb

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5+mil...=34.67488096,-111.74593449,2709.96,0,44.986,0

I FR618 is where they found him so I am going to wrestle with google and see how/if that fits with
highway exit.

Did they give an idea when autopsy results might be in? I hope they can tell cause of death...or did I miss it? I'd hate to think it will be something that is ruled "undetermined."

This is the area NW of the Campground. The yellow line is 1.5 Miles. The red lines are where there were apparent washes. Each red line is approx. 100 yards long.

picture.php

This is the area travelling SW from the campground. Again the yellow line is 1.5 miles and each red line is approx. 100 yards long. Granted google earth maps are not current and there could be more washes than what is shown.

picture.php

I can see two areas that the washes do not meet up with the campground where easily could move someone in dark from the road to dump site in wash/drop off. Sorry to talk this way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas