Baez files motion for JG DNA report showing he's not the father 1/28/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can a Judge (say Strickland) put his foot down when he sees an inexperienced lawyer as JB making foolish motions for whatever reasons and put an end to them?

Good Question and one I would like to know the answer to as well, perhaps another WS'er would know the answer
I am also curious to know which motions are coming from or help from, the other attornery, Linda Baden and which ones are stem from Baez and only Baez.

Bold by me. I thought I heard / read the same exact thing. So why the discrepancy in pings...unless there's a mistruth?

I was thinking that if he left and came back he may have never known that she left at all. IOW, if she was there when he left and there when he came back he may have just assumed she had been there the whole time. If so, she could have left, pinged somewhere else, then returned.
Do the pings support her leaving and then returning?

I was thinking that if he left and came back he may have never known that she left at all. IOW, if she was there when he left and there when he came back he may have just assumed she had been there the whole time. If so, she could have left, pinged somewhere else, then returned.

Ya know what? I went off of Broderick's post. I'll go back and research the pings...but I thought I read by JWG that his/her research showed the same discovery in the discrepancy of JG's statement. I honestly forget, so it's best if I just go back and research the pings. Give me a few:)

Most attorneys do their own homework on a case, sending out investigators to gather up much of the information seen being sought from the prosecution in this case.

Aside from JG's DNA, which he could easily get, he wants information from the Oakridge Labs and the FBI which he has to KNOW the judge has no jurisdiction to grant.

Similarly, he wants information about Dr. G. (media stuff) that it's likely the prosecution would not have.

He's asking for tons and tons of information, some going back for a period of 12 years. He's asking for personal information of every person in every lab...

Even IF the judge were to give the official okey-dokey to all of this, it would take every student in his soon-to-begin class, no, every student in the entire law school to read through it all.

He's just trying to get every tidbit of information he can without having to pay someone to go get it for him, whether he needs it or not!

LOL You haven't seen anything yet! JB is going to bury the court in ridiculous motions from here on out. This is only the beginning! It buys time and can drag this case out for literally years.

I am sure Casey does not want to drag this out for years. She just knows her sweetie is going to get her off of this and they will ride off into the sunset with mega millions from the book and movie deals..:crazy:

Most attorneys do their own homework on a case, sending out investigators to gather up much of the information seen being sought from the prosecution in this case.

Aside from JG's DNA, which he could easily get, he wants information from the Oakridge Labs and the FBI which he has to KNOW the judge has no jurisdiction to grant.

Similarly, he wants information about Dr. G. (media stuff) that it's likely the prosecution would not have.

He's asking for tons and tons of information, some going back for a period of 12 years. He's asking for personal information of every person in every lab...

Even IF the judge were to give the official okey-dokey to all of this, it would take every student in his soon-to-begin class, no, every student in the entire law school to read through it all.

He's just trying to get every tidbit of information he can without having to pay someone to go get it for him, whether he needs it or not!

stalling, stalling, stalling

I sniped part of your post.

I believe Dr. Lee has been caught planting evidence before. With such a MO, anything he 'finds' would be suspect from the get go.

All they got to go on is an attempt to discredit the LE, Labs, etc. LE knows this and is working under the asssumption that will be the game plan.

He was accused of pocketing evidence in the Spector trial, a fake nail.

The following is respectfully taken from a post by Bond on another thread:

OT: Researching pings...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OT: However, in response to requests..re: researching pings:

1) Goto the Sticky Forum (3rd in the list of Sub-Forums on the at the top of the main Caylee Forum page) Link here for convenience: http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233
2) Scroll down/page forward to find the Thread for the day of interest. Titles are all in the same format, "Ping Map for June ##, 2008 - Discuss that day only."
3) Goto post#1 of the day of interest thread.
4) Use the link provided by Georgia PI in post#1 to view the Google Map for that day flagged with each ping and its associated time.
5) Read the thread for the day of interest to see if your specific interest/question has been discussed.

Hope that helps. Now...back to Theories

Hi Marina:) I took this msg from a different post from Bond a few minutes ago. I'm posting to help us test if it could have happened (KC leaving then returning) but I still need to research.

I agree. It's the first thing I thought of when I read the docs. I was amazed at much hair was found after Lee examined the trunk. Not only the amount but where it was found...the pizza box, an empty soda bottle?
I would expect CSI to be especially vigilant when looking for evidence on these items. It seems doubtful to me that they would miss a hair.

I can't wait to see who they belong too. Probably TL, JG, AH, and an unknown dead person as evidenced by the death band found at the root end!

Hey Marina2, check out what I found on Dr. Lee: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E3D91E38F933A05756C0A96E958260 This is some pretty interesting info. I am almost positive that based on the facts in this article, and the court cases I've seen in the past involving Dr. Lee (including but not limited to William Kennedy-Smith & OJ), that there will be a huge fiasco created regarding evidence LE collected and their methods of collection. It is my prediction that he helps to tear apart the OCSO. I'm tellin' ya, he's going to try to create reasonable doubt. It doesn't take alot to prove that since this is a murder case, knowing that the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The fact that he already found more hairs and trace evidence not found by OCSO could very well be reason enough. I pray, if KC is as guilty as I believe her actions (or lack of) show her to be, that she doesn't end up walking. I don't believe that once you're charged with murder it can be lessened to manslaughter...or am I misunderstanding something?

I would like to know why Baez isn't getting this stuff. Those results were known months ago. I don't think its right that the DA's office doesn't send this stuff to him in a timely manner. Same with the fingerprint evidence.

Are we sure this is not another case of its there made available for him he just has to go get it himself like the tips that were not in the form he requested.

Shouldn't JB being preparing for a murder trial or something? Geez, enough with all of the motions already.!!

The prosecution keeps saying they will turn over the requested items to Baez and when the date passes when they said they would do it, he has to file more motions to try to get them! If the prosecution would quit with the delays and turn it over, maybe the trial COULD move forward!

When requested info is received by the defense it often shows where new info is needed, that is why it is called "discovery".

Baez wants a speedy trial, the prosecution does not in this case. IMHO that is why they keep dragging their feet in turning over the discovery. They want the defense to go to trial with as little discovery as they can get away with.

Doesn't Jose have enough to keep him busy... like work on a murder 1 case?
I so hope Judge Strickland reprimends him and 'the monster' loudly and clearly tomorrow!

Cuz, he's such an A$$ ..

No, he is doing a job of a defense attorney. If you were in trouble you would want your attorney to do the right things to put on a defense for you, wouldn't you?

God forbid we have another case like Cynthia Sommer's! The labs they used and the interpertations of the prosecution's witnesses got an innocent woman convicted of murder! THEY WERE WRONG AND THE LAB WAS PROVED TO BE INCORRECT IN THEIR ANALYSIS. Furthermore, another lab the prosecution sent the same stuff to correctly analyzed the info and proved there was no poisoning. The defense never got that info!

If Baez does not do the things he is charged with doing as a defense attorney, this conviction (if there is one) could be turned over on appeal. Is that what you want to happen?

He is not an A$$, he is doing his job as a defense attorney! Get it?

One of the talking heads this week said that this case probably won't go to court for 2 years. At the rate JB is filing motions, it could be delayed that long.

I heard that too. When I heard that I thought, did I just hear that right? Years?

No, he is doing a job of a defense attorney. If you were in trouble you would want your attorney to do the right things to put on a defense for you, wouldn't you?

God forbid we have another case like Cynthia Sommer's! The labs they used and the interpertations of the prosecution's witnesses got an innocent woman convicted of murder! THEY WERE WRONG AND THE LAB WAS PROVED TO BE INCORRECT IN THEIR ANALYSIS. Furthermore, another lab the prosecution sent the same stuff to correctly analyzed the info and proved there was no poisoning. The defense never got that info!

If Baez does not do the things he is charged with doing as a defense attorney, this conviction (if there is one) could be turned over on appeal. Is that what you want to happen?

He is not an A$$, he is doing his job as a defense attorney! Get it?

YOU mean the Prosecution didn't tell the defense team!!!! NOT shocking in this day and age really.

The prosecution keeps saying they will turn over the requested items to Baez and when the date passes when they said they would do it, he has to file more motions to try to get them! If the prosecution would quit with the delays and turn it over, maybe the trial COULD move forward!

When requested info is received by the defense it often shows where new info is needed, that is why it is called "discovery".

Baez wants a speedy trial, the prosecution does not in this case. IMHO that is why they keep dragging their feet in turning over the discovery. They want the defense to go to trial with as little discovery as they can get away with.

Can you list here exactly what it is that the state has refused to turn over?

Hey Marina2, check out what I found on Dr. Lee: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E3D91E38F933A05756C0A96E958260 This is some pretty interesting info. I am almost positive that based on the facts in this article, and the court cases I've seen in the past involving Dr. Lee (including but not limited to William Kennedy-Smith & OJ), that there will be a huge fiasco created regarding evidence LE collected and their methods of collection. It is my prediction that he helps to tear apart the OCSO. I'm tellin' ya, he's going to try to create reasonable doubt. It doesn't take alot to prove that since this is a murder case, knowing that the prosecution will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The fact that he already found more hairs and trace evidence not found by OCSO could very well be reason enough. I pray, if KC is as guilty as I believe her actions (or lack of) show her to be, that she doesn't end up walking. I don't believe that once you're charged with murder it can be lessened to manslaughter...or am I misunderstanding something?

Want to know why people like Dr. Lee tear apart the prosecution's evidence? Because once the prosecution gets the results they want to prove their case, they stop testing the other evidence!

How would you feel if there were 3 people who used a car that a crime was commited in and your hair came up positive on the first test. Do you know that the prosecution could then tell the lab to stop testing any other hairs? If LE feels you are the one that did it and it was easy to prove you were there they would stop looking for anyone else even though you told them two other people used the car? They could then say "check to see if HER finger prints are in the car. Not, are there any other person's finger prints, just yours!

The prosecution could say in court that YOU were the only one in the car and they have lab evidence and finger prints to back it up! The jury would never know about the other two people!

Unless .... you had a good defense attorney who asked the right questions! They would ask if there was any other evidence submitted to the lab. If so, was that evidence tested? No? Then he would ask for that other evidence and have it tested. Ditto on the finger prints. Did LE figure out who the other finger prints belonged to? No? Well, then he would request those prints from LE and have them identified.

Come court day, when the prosecution says YOU were there and the finger prints and hair analysis PROVES IT, therefore YOU commited the crime, the defense attorney can honestly say there were two other people who's hair was in the car and who's finger prints were there.

He would then ask "did you investigate the other two people?". If LE had decided YOU did it and did not eliminate the others because they did not have that evidence evaluated YOU would not be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Is it starting to make sense now? This is a very common situation in our courts today and it is why a decent defense attorney does all of this "stuff" you all call stupid. I would expect and PRAY that an attorney I paid money to defend me to do this type of stuff!

If the prosecution is so afraid to test the other "evidence" and eliminate whoever else it points to, I would seriously question their case!

EDIT: Please understand when I say "you", I mean everyone who calls Baez stupid for doing the things he does and does not understand why he is doing them. NOT YOU personally!

From the last hearing it sounded like Baez did not receive certain documents again. The SA had said that it was turned over and Baez claimed it was not. What I am thinking is that Baez is not to organized and has not looked at all the discovery and he himself does not know what all has been turned over. If I recall the only thing that was not turned over from the SA was the photos/xrays/video's of Caylee's remains in fear they would be shared all over the INTERNET and then sold. But they did file a motion to put restrictions and the judge did. I wonder if Baez every followed through with that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back