Baez - Just Lost The Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually can picture JB forcing himself to sit down and 'work on ' his opening statment over months and months ...like a kid that has to do a project for school but doesn't really feel like it and doesn't bother proof - reading the whole thing through once more before he turns it in .
So the end result was a thrown together mess that he feel he spent months and months working on .

LOL! So......he left a __________ where he was going to go back and insert the time of day it happened........he never got around to doing that........and fumbled over the line during his opening. NOW, it makes sense!!! Thanks silkprint!!

It seems that Baez doesn't care if his various scenarios make sense, all he wants to do is plant that "seed of doubt" with the jurors.

BBM
I can't believe I am going to type this but have to...
It could have taken 2 seconds to get the child out of the pool. GA can easily reach over the side of the pool and scoop Caylee out in under 2 seconds without ever getting more then up to his elbows wet. Do it with my in and out of the pool all the time she is now 5 and 50 lbs. I am also half the size of GA.

OT - GA is pretty big dude. I would love to see open a can of whoop *advertiser censored** on JB!

ETA-i am with you on the story being as rotten as a bag of garbage though.

You have a good point about it being possible; however, this theory assumes Caylee was floating in the pool and not lying at the bottom of the pool. I would assume that being ex LE that GA would have commenced CPR on Caylee if he had just pulled her floating in the pool.

There is something wrong with everyone's account on July 16.

First - didn't George, in his testimony of being one of the last people to see Caylee, say that ICA and Caylee left the house on Monday the 16th and ICA explained she and Caylee would be spending the night with the Nanny?

Okay, we know there never was a Nanny, but that was an excuse ICA had for being away from home overnight before her daughter died and after too. So, if she admits to George the sitting problem is covered for that night, why would she be calling her mother around 4 o'clock to ask mom to babysit that evening? Did Cindy really have this conversation with her daughter that day?

But, and here's where I need help. Did ICA tell George of the plans to spend the night with Nanny as she left on the 16th? Or am I mistaken about that?
I am sure one of you can clear this up.
jmo

Drowning victims SINK. We float when we are alive because the air in our lungs keeps us buoyant when are in the water, like an air floatie. But when someone doesn't know how to float properly, and they are frantically struggling to keep their head above the water, usually because their mouths are OPEN, they begin to take on water, which fills the lungs. Once the lungs are filled with water the body will sink, because the density of the body will have increased, and there is no opposing buoyancy from the lungs to keep the body afloat. After a period of time, probably DAYS, the body will release noxious gases, which will cause the body to float to the surface again. So obviously the Jose Show did not include medical writers (I guess $200K doesn't go as far as it used to), because if GA were to have retrieved Caylee, he would have had to go to the bottom of the pool to do so. Ergo he would have been soaking wet and not calmly holding her as JB alleges. I am sure the prosecution will bring this point to light.

First - didn't George, in his testimony of being one of the last people to see Caylee, say that ICA and Caylee left the house on Monday the 16th and ICA explained she and Caylee would be spending the night with the Nanny?

Okay, we know there never was a Nanny, but that was an excuse ICA had for being away from home overnight before her daughter died and after too. So, if she admits to George the sitting problem is covered for that night, why would she be calling her mother around 4 o'clock to ask mom to babysit that evening? Did Cindy really have this conversation with her daughter that day?

But, and here's where I need help. Did ICA tell George of the plans to spend the night with Nanny as she left on the 16th? Or am I mistaken about that?
jmo

Yes, KC tells him shewil be staying at sitters. MYKEyboardis dying

jmo

Agree she did tell George that. But we have also assumed ICA killed Caylee after flying into a rage because CA refused to babysit. Killed her as payback.

ICA may have simply flown into a rage and killed Caylee - and it had nothing to do with CA and payback. After watching her reactions in court, it could have been any reason at all.

jmo

This is one thing I don't believe in GA's story. I doubt he discussed anything with KC that day and if they did discuss something, I don't think the conversation went the way he claims.

I can only hope the jurors will pick up on all of the fantasy in certain theories.

I think everyone, especially in the jurors varied age groups, is old enough to have been exposed to enough to figure it all out.

JB is not done, but how will he refute the evidence. Yes, we know he will ask absurd questions several times in a row for hours on end, to try to confuse. However, jurors are people like us. They can think, hear, see - you get it. They already want to go home, uh oh. 2 months of trying to play used car salesman is not going to change their collective minds. It will not confuse them, just irritate.

JB shot his foot with opening statement. It was a wild ride, but only in a novel. Today is the a more enlightened time period.

I still believe in the jurors common sense.

So according to Baez, CAylee died at 11 a.m. on June 16th; he confronted KC who grabbed CAylee and cried and cried and cried until 11:47 where she stopped crying long enough to upload some new pictures of herself on Facebook. Then George disposed of Caylee after he wrapped tape around her mouth and I guess he did this in the trunk area where he dumped about a gallon of chloroform in the trunk. Then he took her to the woods and dumped her, but then he brought her back and put her in the trunk so Casey could ride around with the body for a few days whereupon shewas again dumped in the woods and there she stayed until Roy Kronk found her in November who decided to remove the body KNOWING it was CAYLEE and that she would be worth some money - SO he held on to the body until December where he put her BACK and called the police. Sounds right to me. What's the problem.? I am going to say it is highly possible KC may get the death penalty. Not only does she kill the baby (already instant aggravating circumstance number 1) but she keeps her parents wondering for three years (although we all know the knew she killed her) and then adds insult to injury by saying George molested her for years and EXPECTS,EXPECTS her mother to go along. The jury will take this into considertion. This is worse than the lawyer who said in another case "all they have is DNA, that is all they have. Took the jury less than an hour to convict. KC really does need to go away for the rest of her life.

Don't forget he was back home to watch his favorite cooking show by what 12 something? And by the way..I think that was the longest sentence I have ever bolded!:crazy:

LOL! So......he left a __________ where he was going to go back and insert the time of day it happened........he never got around to doing that........and fumbled over the line during his opening. NOW, it makes sense!!! Thanks silkprint!!

Didn't he say that we will never know because it was not properly investigated?:floorlaugh: A month later?:floorlaugh:

What is JB's defense history/experience? Is he reputable? He seems rather smarmy and not very well prepared considering he's had over 2 years to get it together.. This theory seems almost hatched the day before it was revealed ??

Don't forget he was back home to watch his favorite cooking show by what 12 something? And by the way..I think that was the longest sentence I have ever bolded!:crazy:

Sadly, I time my weekends by the PBS Create T.V. cooking shows. :( I would remember as that is how I clean, cook, iron, blah, blah, bland.

What is JB's defense history/experience? Is he reputable? He seems rather smarmy and not very well prepared considering he's had over 2 years to get it together.. This theory seems almost hatched the day before it was revealed ??

I'll just say no and leave it at that.

OT Alert

I just asked my husband: did you heed my previous admonition about not opening the oven while my cake was baking?

This thread has refreshed my memory of the timing of the calls that day. The flurry of calls and the 4pm call to Cindy asking for her to babysit completely debunks the theory that GA was at the scene of the supposed accident.

He seems completely unprepared to me and what could possibly be productive about his excessive texts during testimony?

I think he's playing it by ear. :waitasec:

Who in their right mind would ask their meter reader, a stranger, to hide the body of a child? What are the chances that:

1) A mother would not call 911 when her child is found in the pool not breathing,

AND
2) A grandfather who was known to love the child more than his own life would decide to hide the child's body rather than call for help,

AND
3) A meter reader would somehow find child's body or would conspire to hide the body and, instead of reporting it to the police, would hold onto it hoping to claim a reward at some later point in time

After much fumbling around, Baez eventually declared that Caylee died early in the morning. Before breakfast? I don't know about anyone else, but unless my granddaughter wets through her PJs overnight, I don't get her dressed in her daytime clothes until well after breakfast. Why wasn't Caylee wearing her jammers?

Exactly what my point was about RK. As far as we know, he wasn't a close personal friend or even an acquaintance of any of the Anthony family so why would they bring him into the scenario to hide Caylee's body, or remove it from (wherever) to where she was eventually found? This alone should discredit the entire defense theory, as it is a stretch of any imagination to "connect the dots".

MOO

When I saw George pausing and/or looking down before answering, I thought he was taking a deep breath to calm himself before addressing the questions. After all the days, weeks, months, years George and Cindy spent publicly supporting Casey and searching for Caylee, I understand why he would have to take a deep breath to respond to questions of whether or not he sexually abused his daughter.

Anyone who saw any of the video of the Anthony's dealing with the press and idiots outside their home knows George can let things get under his skin and respond. I thought he was just trying to make sure that didn't happen for Caylee's sake.

I'm sure it's been a very long 6 weeks (or more according to some documents - but for sure 6 weeks) for George and Cindy. I can understand both of them having a hard time accepting that their daughter was capable of killing Caylee. Coming to grips with her lies is one thing. Having to witness her behavior after Caylee either went missing or drowned is another.

And now Casey is taking it more than a couple rungs up the ladder with the accusations JB is alleging.

~~~~Bolded by me

I do not have a link to the video wherein George was asked by Jeff Ashton if he had ever molested or sexually abused ICA; however, if you can find this video, look closely at George's face. When he looked down, his lips were trembling and it appeared to me that he was trying very hard not to burst into tears. I think that his hesitation in answering was because he was trying to control his emotions--not that he was trying to be evasive.

In my very humble opinion as a sexual abuse survivor, I absolutely believe George when he said that he had never sexually abused ICA.

I think that his facial expression at that moment told the story of a father who was absolutely crushed that he would even be asked such a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member