Baez - Just Lost The Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought that maybe she used the shovel to pick Caylees body out of the trunk so that she didn't have to touch it/get the bodily fluids on her (whether already wrapped or not).

I think she borrowed it intending to bury Caylee. She was unsuccessful, and returned the shovel unused only a short time later. I think it was less than an hour.

Is it on JB's gigantic calendar??!! <sorry>
I was thinking it wasn't the 16th - if it is, this is the end of the defense. Why would that guy lie? Unless he's Kronk's kid......

Link http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days-061608.htm

June 16, 2008 (Mon)
04:00pm estimate
James Thompson:
07/22/09 Statement
James (TechbayUSA) seen Casey and Caylee exiting Casselberry Walmart, 1239 State Road, Casselberry, FL around his lunchtime.

James Thompson's statement to Police about him seeing ICA and Caylee the day after Father's day.
http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_jamesthompson-072209.html

I hope I'm doing the links right. First time.

June 16, 2008 (Mon)
James Thompson:
07/22/09 Statement
James (TechbayUSA) seen Casey and Caylee exiting Casselberry Walmart, 1239 State Road, Casselberry, FL around his lunchtime.

James Thompson's statement to Police about him seeing ICA and Caylee the day after Father's day.

Oh, so it was 4 pm on the 16th! Jose's story isn't going to work then.

It's difficult enough to get something heavy out of a pool (such as tree debris) with a pool skimmer net let alone submersing a heavy shovel into the water and trying to extract something, since bringing it back up through water adds weight. I believe it's very doubtful she used it for that.

MOO

:twocents: And that shovel is a heavy sucker! Oh yeah, let's NOT forget that trying to "catch" a floating or partially submerged body would be difficult (think: bobbing for apples at its worst!). Then there's the edges of the METAL shovel which might damage/open up the skin surface and WOW, that would be a significant mess of blood & tissue in the pool! No matter how much adrenaline that was racing thru the felon inmate's veins, catching and removing the corpse would be a feat of strength, effort & skill! :maddening:

I understand the reasoning of people who speculate Caylee's body was hidden on the property for a day or so but the As have two dogs, and there is no way two dogs would not draw attention to a dead body. They would be obsessed with it. My dog found a little dying possum when we were walking and I had to drag him away and take him home and then go back to get the possum (and take it to our lovely vet who agreed to euthanize it for free.) The Anthony dogs would have barked and fretted and stayed in Caylee's vicinity day and night until the situation was resolved. They would have been sad and worried and hyperalert and wanting GA and CA to do something.

I wouldn't be so quick to attribute such glowing traits to all dogs. Unless it was a tennis ball or a cheese cracker, my 2 heathens wouldn't have cared less. ;)

Oh, so it was 4 pm on the 16th! Jose's story isn't going to work then.
I wouldn't get too excited about this guys account of seeing her though. There were inconsistencies found in his statement. Plus, he waited over a year to tell the story so no video of KC being there. He's on the state's witness list but he may not be called because of the inconsistencies in his story.

As someone who used to swing a shovel for a living (and had a similar build to ICA 20+ years ago) I can't see her using one to move a deceased 2 year old out of a swimming pool, the trunk of a car, a sandbox, or anywhere else.

:twocents: And that shovel is a heavy sucker! Oh yeah, let's NOT forget that trying to "catch" a floating or partially submerged body would be difficult (think: bobbing for apples at its worst!). Then there's the edges of the METAL shovel which might damage/open up the skin surface and WOW, that would be a significant mess of blood & tissue in the pool! No matter how much adrenaline that was racing thru the felon inmate's veins, catching and removing the corpse would be a feat of strength, effort & skill! :maddening:
BBM

Could be one reason the defense theory has GA finding Caylee's body in the pool.......although I believe it's mainly to remove Casey from any involvement.

MOO

June 16, 2008 (Mon)
James Thompson:
07/22/09 Statement

At the end of his statement: "This day was significant as it was the last thing I needed in my life was involvement with another bad mother or heartless female as I have had my share of those, so as a result of my observations and thoughts I kept walking into Walmart without stopping Casey Anthony to say hello. Now of course I wish I had as maybe I could have made a difference for the better in how things turned out. It bothers me constantly to think I was one of the last people to see Caylee alive."

Hmmmmm. My first thought is too many details.....reminds me of Casey's lies. Wonder if he's been discredited in some way by LE? If not, how did JB miss this???

I wouldn't get too excited about this guys account of seeing her though. There were inconsistencies found in his statement. Plus, he waited over a year to tell the story so no video of KC being there. He's on the state's witness list but he may not be called because of the inconsistencies in his story.

Do you remember what the inconsistencies were? Big things or little? Relevant or not so much?

I was sexually abused as a child for a long time. For several years and it started at the age of six. There is no way that GA did this! What is so sad to me is that her parents are just now coming to realize that she will stop at nothing to get what she wants.
When CA was on the stand yesterday, I saw a broken down woman who has no choice now but to tell what she knows. And she's going to go all the way for Caylee.
This is such a sad and horrible situation.

Do you remember what the inconsistencies were? Big things or little? Relevant or not so much?
Big and little I guess.

He said that he saw Caylee trying to push the Walmart door open herself as she trailed behind KC by about ten feet. The doors of that Walmart were automatic so Caylee was never seen struggling with the door.

The Walmart he saw her at was fifteen miles from her home when another would have been closer to her house.

Her cell phone never pinged in the area of this store that day.

He said he saw her at lunch but later said it would have been about four o'clock since that's when he took lunch.

There may have been others but I can't remember. I wish his sighting could be proven though.

I haven't read this thread but it seemed a reasonably decent place for me to express the following thought.

Baez claims that KC didn't call 911 because she was "hiding her pain like always."

Baez has also made a huge deal out of eliciting testimony from her friends concerning what a loving and affectionate relationship they had. This is a mistake because if KC was so loving and affectionate over Caylee, then surely she would have had some moments of being/demonstrating that she was upset, or that something was terribly wrong. Additionally, it seems like all that shared love would lead KC to IMMEDIATELY call 911 that her baby had died in an accident!!!

Welcome to CaseyWorld, a land of make-believe where this story found its origins. The fact that we are even discussing its plausibility gives us some idea of how persuasive she can be.

I think some newcomers have been drinking the Kasey Kool-Aid, lol.
Some of the jury may have already had a sip but after 6-8 weeks of getting facts/timeline straight, I'm sure they will get a bad taste in their mouths. I'm guessing guilty with life in prison.

Here is James Thompson's thread if anyone is interested in reading it... It was locked so has been bumped up for reading..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89603"]2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

He has a thread here... I will bump it up in a few minutes..

Just read the last page of that thread - didn't see anything to tell me he was discredited. Looks like I've got 32 other pages to read.....thanks!!

Big and little I guess.

He said that he saw Caylee trying to push the Walmart door open herself as she trailed behind KC by about ten feet. The doors of that Walmart were automatic so Caylee was never seen struggling with the door.

The Walmart he saw her at was fifteen miles from her home when another would have been closer to her house.

Her cell phone never pinged in the area of this store that day.

He said he saw her at lunch but later said it would have been about four o'clock since that's when he took lunch.

There may have been others but I can't remember. I wish his sighting could be proven though.

Opening the door vs automatic doors - problem.

Walmart not near Casey's home - how many Targets was she shopping at, I don't really see that as a problem unless it's 50 miles away.

If this guys shift made his 'lunch' at 4pm, he might have said 'lunch' and whoever took his statement assumed that meant noon and he corrected it to 4pm later.

No cellphone pings - did Casey every turn her phone off to charge it?

Is this guy still on the Prosecution witness list? If his statement is credible, it sure seems like a big one for JB to have missed.

Casey has to take the stand doesn't she? Otherwise how would you ask her about sexual abuse? OMG you almost feel bad for her that her lawyers are so dumb but then you lose that feeling right away. Can't wait for the day when Lee gets on the stand and doesn't look at her either. I hope her money runs out and then I hope George and Cindy make millions of dollars while Casey rott's in jail

I was with you right up until you said you hope GA and CA make millions.:slap:

We'll talk later ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members