Baez Tries to Sneak Bracelet to Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the jail's perspective, it may be a nothing. From the judge's perspective, it may have more substance.

An exception was made for Casey to wear street clothes to pretrial motions. In general, jail issue is worn until there is a jury present.

I would imagine the judge has the ability to revoke the privilege given the fact that it was abused.

There is no way they'd punish KC for what someone else has tried to do. If it was C, they might be able to suspend visits or something for breaking jail rules, but it would't matter anyhow, because they don't visit.

I noticed that they didn't mention a thing about socks. I wonder if WFTV was a bit quick on the reporting. The Sentinel went so far as to ask Conway, Baez via Garcia, and Todd Black about it. Todd says Cindy, Conway denies, and Garcia said no comment.

Better reporting imo.

Why am I not surprised that Todd Black's name is in this. It seems JB always has to hide behind Todd Black rather than take the heat. I wonder what else he has tried to slip through with all those close hugs....faces touching.....The Todd Black picture just doesn't look good to me.

See the first photo in the slideshow at WFTV.com. She's definitely wearing white socks with dark shoes.

Yes, she was wearing white socks. I saw it on tv and thought it must be jail garb except for the gray jacket because the white socks and black shoes were so hokey. Everything looked ill-fitting and uncomfortable but the white socks were very apparent on tv and just looked so strange.

I just have a hard time taking JB at his word and feel like he is trying to pin this on Cindy. There is no love lost between the grandparents and JB, they would like to have their granddaughters remains released for burial, and he just picked up items (supposedly) and dropped them at the jail (that has already complained about him not following the rules) and didn't check any of these supposed items?

Cindy seems like an easy place to dump the blame since so many dislike her so intensely. I don't trust him.

Good point. I don't trust JB either, and have always questioned his motive for taking this case in the first place. It would not surprise me if JB was trying to throw CA under the bus concerning the bracelet. At the same time, it would not surprise me if CA was indeed the one who slipped the bracelet in with the clothing for whatever reason...maybe to remind KC what this trial is all about, considering she has done nothing but avoid any discussion regarding Caylee.

Originally posted by SedonaSunset:
See the first photo in the slideshow at WFTV.com. She's definitely wearing white socks with dark shoes.

I much appreciate the direct reference (after searching & searching
through videos).

BTW, love, love, love :beats: your avatar!

Good point. I don't trust JB either, and have always questioned his motive for taking this case in the first place. It would not surprise me if JB was trying to throw CA under the bus concerning the bracelet. At the same time, it would not surprise me if CA was indeed the one who slipped the bracelet in with the clothing for whatever reason...maybe to remind KC what this trial is all about, considering she has done nothing but avoid any discussion regarding Caylee.

I wonder if Cindy even gave the clothing to Jose. Do we know if she really did? (I don't like jose much either- he just screams "sleeze" IMO)

Question about this: This was only a hearing - not the trial. WHY was she even given civilian clothes, hair ties/elastics, makeup, shoes and sox?

Doesn't every one else in jail have to go to hearings in their jumpsuit garb? I mean really? How many people in there are getting up early, doing their hair, shaving, and getting dressed in civ. clothes?

When I see them at hearings on TV, they are always in their jumpsuits so I ask again and again and again - why is she getting special treatment???? And please don't let anyone in the media say again that it's for her safety because it's high profile! The clothing has nothing to do with her safety!:furious::furious:

Question about this: This was only a hearing - not the trial. WHY was she even given civilian clothes, hair ties/elastics, makeup, shoes and sox?

Doesn't every one else in jail have to go to hearings in their jumpsuit garb? I mean really? How many people in there are getting up early, doing their hair, shaving, and getting dressed in civ. clothes?

When I see them at hearings on TV, they are always in their jumpsuits so I ask again and again and again - why is she getting special treatment???? And please don't let anyone in the media say again that it's for her safety because it's high profile! The clothing has nothing to do with her safety!:furious::furious:

I understand the frustration and agree that this was special treatment. IMO, the defense has gotten, and will continue to get, more leeway than we think is appropriate. IMO this is to safeguard the verdict when it arrives and foreclose easy appellate issues -- the defense could argue post-conviction that bc of the intense media scrutiny etc, these hearings are tantamount to actual court proceedings and therefore Casey was entitled to appear in civilian clothing and not suffer the prejudicial effects of appearing in inmate apparel.

It's annoying to see her get special privileges, but it would be horrifying if she was granted a What Not To Wear-based appeal.

Ok so I got to thinking last night (or should I say this morning) as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep (usually have insomnia so I think about this case and all kinds of other things). At first I thought for sure JB did this, for whatever reason, and that hes done it before with other items. (which Im still sure he has)
But now I think Cindy really is the one that put that bracelet in her socks. JB wouldve called up Cindy and told her to have some of Casey's clothes ready for him to pick up, probably gave her examples of what he thinks would be appropriate, and he went and got them, or she dropped them off at his office.
There are two reasons Cindy couldve hid that Caylee bracelet for Casey to find: the first being that she wanted Casey to have it or wear it, as a sentimental or loving gesture. OR the second, which is what Im really thinking, could Cindy have put that in there as a jab at Casey? Im sure shes still upset about the way Casey acted and treated them at their last jailhouse visit(and remember her telling Casey that Caylee should be her focus?) and Im sure inside shes leaning towards Casey being guilty now. So maybe it was her way of taking a jab at her, sending her a message so to speak. What do you think?

snipped
But now I think Cindy really is the one that put that bracelet in her socks. JB wouldve called up Cindy and told her to have some of Casey's clothes ready for him to pick up, probably gave her examples of what he thinks would be appropriate, and he went and got them, or she dropped them off at his office.
There are two reasons Cindy couldve hid that Caylee bracelet for Casey to find: the first being that she wanted Casey to have it or wear it, as a sentimental or loving gesture. OR the second, which is what Im really thinking, could Cindy have put that in there as a jab at Casey? Im sure shes still upset about the way Casey acted and treated them at their last jailhouse visit(and remember her telling Casey that Caylee should be her focus?) and Im sure inside shes leaning towards Casey being guilty now. So maybe it was her way of taking a jab at her, sending her a message so to speak. What do you think?

I agree. I think that the bracelet came from Cindy and that JB simply did not check the clothes that he was bringing into the prison. IMO Cindy was sending the message to KC that she still loves her, supports her, and thinks that she is innocent. She was not sending a nasty message to her sweetheart.

Thanks for the link!

Personally I think it's more likely LKB had a hand in dressing Casey for this court appearance than CA. In fact, I have a feeling LKB is going to become Casey's new best friend (figuratively speaking) with LKB taking a more active role in preparing her for trial.

DT

Thanks for the link!

Personally I think it's more likely LKB had a hand in dressing Casey for this court appearance than CA. In fact, I have a feeling LKB is going to become Casey's new best friend (figuratively speaking) with LKB taking a more active role in preparing her for trial.

DT

I think you are right with this one..only because of the rumors wtih jb....but did you notice that when lkb initially talked with kc---kc kinda seemed okay with the conversation but then dismissed asap and went back to the boys????

I think you are right with this one..only because of the rumors wtih jb....but did you notice that when lkb initially talked with kc---kc kinda seemed okay with the conversation but then dismissed asap and went back to the boys????

I totally think CA gave JB the clothes but as an officer of the court, he has a obligation to make sure he is not passing contraband. The fact that the clothes look like they fit pre-poptarts in jail makes me think anyone who would have purchased/gotten these clothes just for the appearance would have gotten clothes that would fit.

Some posts refer to the inscription on the bracelet. This was one of those generic rubber bracelets that a manufactured by the dozens. No love loss for CA but a NON-OFFICER of the court may not have known that this was contraband. JB should have.

It occurred to me that if Cindy gave JB the clothes, she might have actually been sending quite a powerful message. Weren't the pants Cindy washed from the stinky car grey pinstripe? Might this jacket Casey wore in court have been part of that outfit? The navy blue pants clearly didn't go with that jacket. Both were too tight, indicating these were Casey's before jail size clothes. Combine possibility that with the rubber Caylee bracelet and it could, in fact, have been quite the message from Cindy.

I also want to state here that I don't think a suit is the right thing to dress Casey in for her trial. I would suggest separates such as a skirt and sweater set - but a young modern looking one such as the stuff carried at White House Black Market or Ann Taylor. The thing is, the jury is going to see Casey's partying pictures and then they are also likely to see some of the "indiscreet" photos of Casey. The jury is also going to know that Casey was not exactly a working single mother. So, trying the school marm/business woman route with Casey is not going to work on the jury and may, in fact, backfire. Whereas a youthful contemporary look will identify Casey with her contemporaries and emphasize her immaturity.

If it is illegal for anyone to 'sneak' anything into the jail for an inmate...........then shouldn't someone get fined? arrested? warned? what's up with special privleges?

Why am I not surprised that Todd Black's name is in this. It seems JB always has to hide behind Todd Black rather than take the heat. I wonder what else he has tried to slip through with all those close hugs....faces touching.....The Todd Black picture just doesn't look good to me.

I'm not surprised, either...But...who IS Todd Black???

Given that Casey seems to prefer form fitting clothes (e.g. the white blouse and shorts ensemble she wore to Baez's office) isn't it possible the blazer/slacks (if new) was purchased in Casey's pre-jail size not realizing her weight gain would be so noticeable? As for the outfit itself, I think they were going for a young professional and/or biz look but missed the mark by a wide margin with that ridiculous librarian-style bun stuck to her head and a separates ensemble that was neither stylish nor well fitted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin
Back