Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am really interested in hearing a defense reason why she would send a photo of her husband along with the words "Kill Him" to Newbold. How well did she know him?
These cases can be a mess. We don't know all the evidence nor its context. If the three of them stick together, they could claim it was all a joke. I don't know what Bahamian law would require to meet the elements of these crimes. I find it interesting that the husband didn't object to her bonding out. Hopefully they have the evidence to prove the charges. I think more important is that the divorce proceed appropriately given the charges. She should only be allowed to see the children in the county of the divorce. Husband needs to have his attorneys move the divorce along quickly. I'd be sending supoenas out left and right for her emails etc.

This is my guess and IMO: WhatsUp messaging doesn’t appear on your phone bill. Regular text messaging does, at least the phone number does. So if they had a family plan and hubby pulled the records (I’m assuming he did/would since he suspected her of cheating), they’d see tons of the same number appearing, even if they couldn’t read the actual texts.

She likely used WhatsApp because it’s very commonly used outside of the United States for secure end to end text messaging and voice calls.

Originally, it became popular as a way to get around expensive messaging and calling plans found in most international markets.

At this point it is the ubiquitous go-to communications standard for most of the western world (outside of the USA) and you’ll see this first hand while traveling abroad. Anecdotally, I’ve used it exclusively for communicating with friends/colleagues and businesses in Central and South America, Africa, parts of Europe and elsewhere. In Peru recently, all communications with airlines and other services were handled by chat bots built exclusively for WhatsApp.

The point is the app is very commonly used and I have zero doubt they began using it simply by the fact everyone else does.

"After posting bail on Friday, Lindsay Shiver -- who must stay in the Bahamas ahead of her trial -- was set to be released on Tuesday. She had to return to prison because she had not provided the judge with a local address as required."

I get the vibe (could be wrong of course) that this was a horrible joke that went wrong. Yes, they weren't smart and it's not a funny joke but I think there’s a good possibility it wasn't an actual order for a hit. Imo.

(Just my gut feeling. Her soon-to-be ex apparently didn't oppose her getting bail, the would-be assassin seemingly has no career experience as such, a text doesn't indicate that someone would take action, etc. I could also be entirely wrong. But it really feels like "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" to me. MOO.)
Earlier, on July 31, this says she PAID for the hit. That would indicate some seriousness in the plot.

However, that may be an error in reporting since it was earlier. So not sure of that.

I get the vibe (could be wrong of course) that this was a horrible joke that went wrong. Yes, they weren't smart and it's not a funny joke but I think there’s a good possibility it wasn't an actual order for a hit. Imo.

(Just my gut feeling. Her soon-to-be ex apparently didn't oppose her getting bail, the would-be assassin seemingly has no career experience as such, a text doesn't indicate that someone would take action, etc. I could also be entirely wrong. But it really feels like "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" to me. MOO.)

Your theory is entirely possible. Stupid happens all the time. My hold-up was the photo sent to Newbold... as we don't know the relationship (if any) between them atm.

RS doesn't seem to be as vindictive as LS but that's just based on what we've seen reported. Who knows what their marriage was really like.

ETA: But, IF she confessed and money was exchanged... she's in some serious trouble. jmo

Last edited:
Your theory is entirely possible. Stupid happens all the time. My hold-up was the photo sent to Newbold... as we don't know the relationship (if any) between them atm.

RS doesn't seem to be as vindictive as LS but that's just based on what we've seen reported. Who knows what their marriage was really like.
What we've seen reported is that LS' divorce filing accused her husband of domestic violence inflicted in front of their children. That is a very serious accusation and I've seen no police reports to back it up. No attempts from her to protect herself and children with emergency protection orders or to move them out of the home they shared with her husband.
Clearly, her actions demonstrate a total lack of concern about how her behavior will affect her own children.

JMO

Earlier, on July 31, this says she PAID for the hit. That would indicate some seriousness in the plot.

However, that may be an error in reporting since it was earlier. So not sure of that.
I remember reading that she had paid for the hit. Perhaps the payment wasn't in cash and was instead in the form of drugs or another way to "launder" the source of the payment.

JMO

I remember reading that she had paid for the hit. Perhaps the payment wasn't in cash and was instead in the form of drugs or another way to "launder" the source of the payment.

JMO
If it is correct that she had paid, that a payment was made, then I think that is huge. That would be a good piece of evidence to show that the plot was real. I'm sure the defense will come up with some sort of explanation for it, but it will sure look bad.

What we've seen reported is that LS' divorce filing accused her husband of domestic violence inflicted in front of their children. That is a very serious accusation and I've seen no police reports to back it up. No attempts from her to protect herself and children with emergency protection orders or to move them out of the home they shared with her husband.
Clearly, her actions demonstrate a total lack of concern about how her behavior will affect her own children.

JMO

Why yes... and you'd think surely reporters would be digging in for any police reports of violence. But, maybe police reports weren't filed. I don't think we know anything about what occurred in their marriage. Maybe additional divorce filings will happen and reporters will fill us in.

This headline says that the lover and LS paid the hitman - not sure how much truth there is to it now since it was July 30 headlines - Mum and toyboy 'paid a hitman to murder her husband after he rumbled affair'
HITMAN 'PLOT'

Mum Lindsay Shiver and her toyboy lover ‘paid hitman to murder her husband after he filed for divorce’, Bahamas cops say​

• James Liveris
  • Published: 20:12 ET, Jul 30 2023
  • Updated: 4:30 ET, Jul 31 2023
The way that article is worded, the bar burglary was done by the same person who was the hired hit man. One or both of the men obviously need money and LS was just one more avenue for them to get it. smh

JMO

From the link:
In early July, they were looking through a phone of suspect in a burglary at a local bar in Great Guana Cay to gather evidence. Cops reportedly unearthed incriminating text messages detailing the alleged hitman plot.

Shiver shook her head and mouthed the word 'no' when a DailyMail reporter asked if she had tried to hire a hitman to murder Robert.

she was led out again in handcuffs and driven back to Fox Hill Prison after a judge ordered that she spend at least one more night behind bars ahead of a Wednesday bail hearing.

No charges have been filed in relation to the alleged robbery at Grabbers.

74102655-12386693-image-a-41_1691531057406.jpg

"Shiver shook her head and mouthed the word 'no' when a DailyMail reporter asked if she had tried to hire a hitman to murder Robert."
Technically this is correct. She didn't try to hire a hitman. She tried to hire an idiot burglar to murder Robert.

Apparently, it took her from April 6 (her divorce filing day) to July 16 to communicate plans to have RS killed. And, in her divorce filing she had already incurred debt beyond her means to pay... heck, maybe she needed this burglary money??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sonjo77
Back