Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problems with divorce are dividing the marital assets, and custody of the kids.

Unfortunately I'd say it's a fairly common motive behind husband's killing their wives, so perhaps not surprising that women are doing it too.

See, for example, the recent cases of James Faith and Charles Vallow, just off the top of my head.

JMO
Murder instead of divorce is unfortunately not as uncommon as it should be. Wives as often as husbands. It is insanity for sure. For some reason, these people think they wont get caught.

The problems with divorce are dividing the marital assets, and custody of the kids.

Unfortunately I'd say it's a fairly common motive behind husband's killing their wives, so perhaps not surprising that women are doing it too.

See, for example, the recent cases of James Faith and Charles Vallow, just off the top of my head.

JMO
BBM. I'm not sure of your point. Joint custody is the most ideal situation for the kids if their parents decide they no longer want to be married. It's a giant leap to decide to murder the other parent.

JMO

Assuming reports of money being paid for the planned hit are true... I wonder how that amount might compare to the bond she was required to pay for release (plus legal fees to date).

This set of facts may actually be important. It leads me to believe that LS had a good feeling she'd lose the custody battle and pursuit of alimony and that was something she wasn't willing to do. Did she take a drastic step to get what she wanted? Is she the brainchild?

Possible Murder Plot:
FN is sent a photo of R from Lindsay. R is with his parents and 3 children. Under the guise of a robbery gone bad at the S townhome while R is w/family, she tells Newbold to Kill him! Newbold was to go to the S townhome in Baker's Bay and do what he's been asked or paid to do: Attempt to rob them and R gets shot and killed in the melee.

When does the burglary at Grabber's occur? It happened on or about Thur, July 20 - trio arrested Fri, July 28

Power was cut to the G's building as well as the power line to the automatic generator. A skilled Bahama Power & Electric Tech could easily perform these tasks. FN possesses the right kind of experience.

Maybe police knew it was an inside job because foreknowledge was required to know the automatic backup generator would kick in when the power was cut. As a consequence, it's highly likely that no security footage is available for the burglary crime. Hence, no charges for the burglary have been filed so far.

Why did TB, 28, choose FN, 29? Are the two loyal old friends?

JMO
Very interesting. What if Lindsay were aware of her husband activities and plans while he was down there, she could very well have been keeping the two apprised of where hubby was so he would be an easy target too? JMO

She will be outfitted with an electronic monitoring device and must comply with an 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew.

Shiver must report to the Cable Beach Police Station in Nassau three times per week. She must also not come within 100 feet of her husband, as part of her bail conditions.

JMO
I’d be interested in the breakdown of cheater vs cheated on that with no regard to gender. She’s done the infidelity and wants husband removed. Some other cases that come to mind of men are men who are cheating and kill their spouse. Wondering if there is a gender bias or behavior bias?

Very interesting. What if Lindsay were aware of her husband activities and plans while he was down there, she could very well have been keeping the two apprised of where hubby was so he would be an easy target too? JMO
The Trio were together on SUN, July 16 in order to coordinate or facilitate the murder for hire. 4 days later, on THUR, July 20, Grabber's has a burglary. Police look at TB's phone. Police notify Robert. The Trio was arrested the next day, FRI July 21.

R did not allow LS to travel on his jet after filing for divorce in APR. LS was not with the S family. She was with her lover at the time of their arrest. JMO

On July 16, 2023 at Abaco, while being together did, with a common purpose agree to commit an offense, namely the murder of Richard Shiver,” according to the police report via Bahamas Court News.

They were arrested [July 21] after police say they learned about the alleged plot to kill Shiver while investigating a July 16 break-in at Grabber’s Bar and Grill on Guana ...

Beauty Queen Accused of Plotting to Kill Ex-Auburn Football Player Husband After Police Find WhatsApp Message

AUG 7

A chilling text message has revealed how a Georgia mother-of-three urged her lover and alleged hitman to “kill” her husband as part of a murder plot in the Bahamas, according to newly-released court documents.

Officials had been looking into Mr Bethel as a suspect in an unrelated break-in at Grabbers Bed Bar & Grill when they discovered the messages on his phone and uncovered the alleged murder plot.

Chilling text shows Lindsay Shiver telling lover and ‘hitman’ to ‘kill’ husband in Bahamas murder plot

Was the plan for the husband to come there or was the hitman going to the US?
Here’s what I think happened:

The husband hired a PI because he suspected his wife was cheating. The PI obtained photograph evidence of the affair and the husband subsequently filed for divorce. In the state of Georgia, adultry nullifies the right to alimony. The wife had relied on the husband’s money for the past however many years and there was suddenly a high probability she would be forced to live without it. If only something were to happen to him before their divorce was settled… she’d get all of his money and property and sole custody of their children on top of that. And she might even get a life insurance payout! She fantasized about it long enough that a plan formed. She found out he was in the country and then put her plan into motion.

Last edited:
I am surprised that she's wearing a gold bracelet, that would be quite something of value to the other inmates. Maybe they gave her the duffle bag to dress from before she went to the police station today. I am assuming that they have inmate clothing while in a cell.

Shiver was wearing a $6,000 diamond-studded Cartier love bracelet.

A source told DailyMail.com Shiver had been wearing her bling cartier bracelet throughout her entire spell of incarceration as guards could not find any sort of key or tool to remove it.

Here’s what I think happened:

The husband hired a PI because he suspected his wife was cheating. The PI obtained photograph evidence of the affair and the husband subsequently filed for divorce. In the state of Georgia, adultry nullifies the right to alimony. The wife had relied on the husband’s money for the past however many years and there was suddenly a high probability she would be forced to live without it. If only something were to happen to him before their divorce was settled… she’d get all of his money and property and sole custody of their children on top of that. And she might even get a life insurance payout! She fantasized about it long enough that a plan formed. She found out he was in the country and then put her plan into motion.

Ooooh good info and thoughts!

Shiver was wearing a $6,000 diamond-studded Cartier love bracelet.

A source told DailyMail.com Shiver had been wearing her bling cartier bracelet throughout her entire spell of incarceration as guards could not find any sort of key or tool to remove it.

This comment is priceless…. “Darn, she was so close to becoming Miss Peanut”. We’ve gotta have a bit of humor, right?

I still wonder if the three are allowed to communicate and "socialize" with each other while out on bail? Do we know yet?

No, they can't

The court clerk told Court TV that the bail conditions are as follows: Lindsay cannot have contact with the other two defendants, her husband, and cannot contact any of the prosecution witnesses. She is permitted to speak with her three young sons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back