Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Lindsay Shiver’s filing says she “incurred debt beyond her means to pay” and asks that Robert Shiver be made to pay. "

My goodness. She incurs debt beyond her means to pay and is an adulterer and then expects her husband to pay? This is nuts. MOO MOO MOO
Also this:

"Robert Shiver briefly was a member of at least one NFL team, according to his company’s website. Court documents in the Bahamas misidentify him as Richard Shiver."

Yup. And laughing/smiling. Hope they throw the book at them.
The probably just think this isn't that big of a deal. They didn't kill anyone, and its just the Bahamas. At most, a bit of time in a Bahamian jail, they think. I really don't know much about the Bahamian criminal system, so I don't know if their lackadaisical attitude is warranted or not. I've deal just a tiny bit with civil court there. But she shouldn't be too happy, since her divorce leverage just evaporated. I doubt her 28 year old lover is going to provide her with much now.

I briefly scrolled thru the Bahama Times FB page and they look like local MSM. They published the airport video

Thanks for the great sleuthing. There it is.

It's the first time I've seen that the two suspects were handcuffed together. What an awkwardly slow walk. Not in any hurry to go to jail in Nassau. Heard they feed inmates an inordinate amount of bread for meals but they do have a/c so the jail brags about that improvement.

Lindsay is accused of conspiring with two Bahamas natives, 28-year-old Terrance Adrian Bethel and 29-year-old Farron Newbold Jr., to kill her husband, Robert Shiver. - cnn

Those other suspects are 28-year-old Terrance Bethel, Shiver’s reported lover, and 29-year-old Faron Newbold, the man she paid to kill her husband and prominent South Georgia businessman Robert Shiver.

bbm

She already actually PAID for the hit?

I would love to know where they were arrested. Do you think they were at the airport or trying to get out of town when it went down? Just thinking about why they would all have backpacks
Police arrested Lindsay Shiver in Abaco and she and the other two suspects were flown to Nassau where they appeared before a judge.

I think the video is their arrival at Nassau.

Did she plan/arrange all of this in The Bahamas? Or did some of it occur in the US? She may not be smiling if she gets charged in the US.

I wonder how LE determines jurisdiction in this case. Where the crime was discovered, where the payment was actually created (on-line), or where the money was received.

I wonder how LE determines jurisdiction in this case. Where the crime was discovered, where the payment was actually created (on-line), or where the money was received.
My guess would be where the money was paid, but I'm not a legal expert. Will be interesting to watch how this develops. Nice to have a case to follow that didn't end in murder.

jmo

There could be multiple places that have jurisdiction. If she was emailing or calling/texting to these guys in The Bahamas when she was in Georgia (or wherever) she could certainly be subject to that state's jurisdiction or US federal jurisdiction. The two guys are, I believe, Bahamian citizens so they will be dealt with there I am sure.

Not in any hurry to go to jail in Nassau. Heard they feed inmates an inordinate amount of bread for meals but they do have a/c so the jail brags about that improvement.
It would be interesting to see if the female defendant / stated master mind is in "general population" with standard creature comforts and food or....

If there is a private part of the jail with separate and unequal multiroom cells, creature comforts, food vendors, and oh yeah, private bathrooms / showers.

If so, the difference could be used to drive a wedge between the two locals and the third defendant.

As a side note, Mexican prisons do offer private near anything to people who can pay. A Navy Shore Patrol Officer told me that Uncle Sam footed the bill for servicemen in Mexican jails regarding private cells / bathrooms. Uncle Sam also paid for food from vendors.

And... Uncle Sam's generosity continued even if person had been discharged from the service and was now an ex servicemen.

One of his duties were to visit them every so often and ensure they still had access to the private food vendors and had not been booted from their comfier cells.

^Even is Lindsay had a private cell with bathroom, and better food than the gen pop, it doesn't compare to the $multimillion Bakers Bay luxury accommodations. Likely this entitled brat isn't the happiest camper right now.
Deservedly.

There could be multiple places that have jurisdiction. If she was emailing or calling/texting to these guys in The Bahamas when she was in Georgia (or wherever) she could certainly be subject to that state's jurisdiction or US federal jurisdiction. The two guys are, I believe, Bahamian citizens so they will be dealt with there I am sure.
They evidently were co-conspiring via phone/text so my guess is that she'll be hit with federal charges.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanKlein