Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"This story has been updated to reflect that Robert Shiver did not bail his wife out of jail."

"According to Shiver’s lawyer, her parents were willing to buy or rent a home for her in New Providence."
:rolleyes:

I can't imagine how mortified her parents must be!

JMO
Exactly. I'm sure they are probably having a hard time believing it at all right now. They are her parents and I expect them to support her. But given the grounds for the divorce and now this, they really have to be wondering what has been going on in their daughter's life lately. And wondering when they are ever going to see their grandkids again.
Family members of the accused are often victims too.

"According to Shiver’s lawyer, her parents were willing to buy or rent a home for her in New Providence."
:rolleyes:
Seriously "buy" her a home if necessary for her to live in until at the earliest October? I really wonder if she even understands what she has done to the ones that loved her and are still working so hard to help her now.

Seriously "buy" her a home if necessary for her to live in until at the earliest October? I really wonder if she even understands what she has done to the ones that loved her and are still working so hard to help her now.
Oh! . . . but will there be time enough to hire a suitable decorator before the arraignment?

April 5 Robert files for divorce
April 6 Lindsay files for a divorce

May --
June --

July 21 the three accused defendants are together, in the Bahamas, and apparently LS paid for the hit against her husband as ludicrous as that may sound.

What was the impetus to Lindsay's strong homicidal reaction to Robert's filing for a divorce? Losing the children's custody?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think murdering Robert may have been her plan for a while. She wanted it all. This may not have been a sudden idea. She was bored. She had to plan it. Find and seduce a playboy who would introduce her to potential hired killers. Then, meet to arrange payment for the dirty deed. Thank goodness the police captured them quickly before Robert was harmed. I'm not sure he understands how close his life came to ending.

JMHOO

Wealthy, bored and enabled. Perfect recipe what has happened. She needs to get a job, take responsibility and suffer consequences all on her own. Like the rest of us do. But, I bet life goes on as it always has for her, not so sure about the others. MOO MOO MOO

What was the impetus to Lindsay's strong homicidal reaction to Robert's filing for a divorce? Losing the children's custody?

His divorce filing asked for no alimony to be paid to her. He was also the EVP of a life insurance company - I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet to say he was insured pretty heavily himself. I'm thinking she was after $$ to keep herself in the lifestyle she was accustomed to. JMO.

His divorce filing asked for no alimony to be paid to her. He was also the EVP of a life insurance company - I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet to say he was insured pretty heavily himself. I'm thinking she was after $$ to keep herself in the lifestyle she was accustomed to. JMO.
No doubt about that.

She wanted to keep her lifestyle going

Last edited:
Usually it is one of the accused that turns over the 'mastermind' of the murder... but they picked up all 3 at once. I hope they have verified txt or calls that tie her to the planning.
Then bailed?
Is that not letting 3 potential murderers back on the street?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back