GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD! So glad to hear! Makes the following statement all the more interesting, BRBM, and transition is right!:

[DHU], chief of police in the island’s capital, Denpasar, said: 'Heather complains about the food and that she is not being well-treated in jail, nevertheless police treat the prisoners all the same.
He added: 'Countering the couple's bizarre claim, he added: 'We have already given treatment that is more than normal. We give special attention to her as she is still young. This is a transition period for her.'

I agree!!! I don't understand why Attny E is taking such an aggressive approach and why he isn't telling his client to seriously suck it up, shut up, don't complain, fade into the group and eat whatever they are providing!

This approach can't end well for her ... well, it can't end well in any case ... maybe that's it - they've got nothing to lose so balls to the wall!?!?!

Displaying this kind of arrogance and contempt for the Indonesian authorities bodes well for no one - regardless of who you are or where you come from as we Australians have seen before. I believe that as it is their country, they are entitled to handle the case as required. So much ignorance being shown by not only the two murderers but also from their lawyer who we know cannot do anything for them at all. They are now subject to the Indonesian system of justice and this won't change. I doubt Obama is going to put pressure on the Indonesians to return a piece of **** nobody to US soil to be tried.

The two of them revolt me and I do believe it was pre-meditated. I bet the boyfriend flew out their knowing what the plan was - they were going to kill mum and run away with her money. Pretty dumb plan but they have both clearly shown that they not only lack class but severely lack in intelligence. I hope they rot in Bali for the horrible crime they have committed. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

bbm Precisely!!:facepalm:

The Indonesians are NOT going to be looking kindly upon her following all of these accusations.......and that doesn't bode well for her. As SouthAussie has posted, being polite and quiet and apologetic is THE way to go if you're locked up there.

She's just digging a deeper hole for herself......

I think any time a crime occurs it seems that keeping your mouth shut helps. Say nothing and leave it up to LE to present all of the evidence. This is mostly in the case of those that were guilty and hoping to get lighter sentences. Some people are too stupid to keep their mouths shut...as we are seeing in this case. They keep making false accusations and blaming the authorities when they committed a murder. Just astounding and pretty typical of the vile behaviour of most remorseless murderers.

I say it everytime I travel away from home no matter where I'm going - as long as its tropical I'm in Heaven lol.

The thing with this is that I thought Tommy said he was going to China too?
You can't visit China without a visa. One must submit paperwork well in advance to obtain the visa. He had no knowledge about how things really work in the world.

Did TS really know what was going to go down in Bali? Did he actually enter into some kind of agreement to help in a murder? I see Heather as being the one that controlled and manipulated what both he and her mother thought was going on. I don't know yet if TS actually understood his role on this trip beforehand. He's in so deep now. I don't know if he's just stupid, or was that desperate for the money and easy life.

We're talking a FIRING SQUAD!

Is there a known date of birth yet for the deceased mother? I can't find it anywhere, but then again, I suppose her body is not back for the funeral and obituary either.
May the poor woman finally R.I.P.
June 10, 1952 - it's in the 92 page police report. It occurs once - all other DOB's are erased. Born in Minnesota - I used St. Paul - don't know which city, so had to use it.

I read he died from a pulmonary embolism in the hotel.

"Pulmonary embolism is when one or more pulmonary arteries in your lungs become blocked. In most cases, pulmonary embolism is caused by blood clots that travel to the lungs from the legs or rarely other parts of the body (deep vein thrombosis, or DVT)." http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pulmonary-embolism/basics/definition/con-20022849

So I'm thinking maybe he got a blood clot in his leg from flying from Chicago to Greece (he was 76) & it traveled to his lungs.

He was born in 1929. I have all the birthdays but his - clue me in if you find his. A close birthday for HM - not quite sure which day though - looks like 11-22-95. She was 10 years old when he died June 6, 2006 - making HM 10.

BTW, the payout from the insurance company was $1.5 M - minus lawyers fees. Geez...that's a lot for a cut foot.

Paulette : your'e GOOD as a sleuth, I've been trying to work out the year backwards from the 44 weeks old photo, lol. Thanks mucho!:loveyou: Not to mention, a great deal of patience to skim through ALL those pages of police reports! I gave up on it. Did you see HM's dob on one of those police reports?
44 weeks ago (the photo on instagram) from a friend; would make it late October I thought.......she'd turn 19 then.

I think it was premeditated but they committed this horrible crime earlier than planned. I'm not sure how the Indonesian justice system will interpret that.
I also believe perhaps they were going to ask for the money 1st without killing. Surely TS wouldn't post 'not sure when I will be back'. And HM post about 'getting my money, u know what it do'. Sorry for not posting correct statements there. On mobile.

Brilliant! I want so bad to see the video image if Sheila in the Libby at that time. Either it was not her, or, the medical examiner is wrong. My gosh, it's like the movie and board game "Clue"!

Suitcase went to the taxi at 11:26am which then puts the crime as possibly around midnight according to the autopsy.
IMO that definately discounts the claimed CCTV footage of Sheila in the lobby at 3:45am.
Blood stained towels were found in garden area of the hotel - perhaps it was HM in the lobby caught on CCTV when she was off stashing evidence.

Thanks for help re the hunt for data. Coming up empty everywhere.

Did TS really know what was going to go down in Bali? Did he actually enter into some kind of agreement to help in a murder? I see Heather as being the one that controlled and manipulated what both he and her mother thought was going on. I don't know yet if TS actually understood his role on this trip beforehand. He's in so deep now. I don't know if he's just stupid, or was that desperate for the money and easy life.

We're talking a FIRING SQUAD!
His baller status has bottomed out. I don't see it rebounding anytime soon either. A firing squad usually puts an end to livin large.

Paulette Quote:
BTW, the payout from the insurance company was $1.5 M - minus lawyers fees. Geez...that's a lot for a cut foot.

lawyers always go for the "big bucks" when there are insurance companies involved the stakes go up substantially. BTW: perhaps the "other" $700,000 off the top from the settlement if mom only got 850m. was for him being on a retainer all those years for HM and her troubles?? Just a thought along those lines.
Otherwise, that doesn't sound right, I'd agree. Usually 1/3rd is the lawyers fees from what I read on lawsuits.

Paulette Quote:

lawyers always go for the "big bucks" when there are insurance companies involved the stakes go up substantially. BTW: perhaps the "other" $700,000 off the top from the settlement if mom only got 850m. was for him being on a retainer all those years for HM and her troubles?? Just a thought along those lines.
Otherwise, that doesn't sound right, I'd agree. Usually 1/3rd is the lawyers fees from what I read on lawsuits.

Not sure but I think those numbers for the Mack's were after taxes as well. So they got more but some went to taxes?

I read he died from a pulmonary embolism in the hotel.

"Pulmonary embolism is when one or more pulmonary arteries in your lungs become blocked. In most cases, pulmonary embolism is caused by blood clots that travel to the lungs from the legs or rarely other parts of the body (deep vein thrombosis, or DVT)." http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pulmonary-embolism/basics/definition/con-20022849

So I'm thinking maybe he got a blood clot in his leg from flying from Chicago to Greece (he was 76) & it traveled to his lungs.

He was born in 1929. I have all the birthdays but his - clue me in if you find his. A close birthday for HM - not quite sure which day though - looks like 11-22-95. She was 10 years old when he died June 6, 2006 - making HM 10.

Hi Paulette... :seeya:

James L Mack 2nd November 1929. Tuscaloosa, Alabama He died 6 August 2006 (not June) in Greece

I know....I wondered the exact same thing. How did that evolve to be the 'norm'? It makes me wonder what the marriage was like too - and what Heather witnessed in terms of the dynamics between her mother and her father.

(not that I'm blaming either of her parents for her killing Sheila, btw!! I'm not. There's NO justification in any way for that!! Just pondering how it got to such a serious point)

I'm not interested in blaming the victim either and didn't mean to give that impression. Clearly this was a daughter out of control from the time that she was 9 years old until she murdered her mother. It's just that I can't understand how the dynamics of the family became so abusive where the mother was the victim, where she repeatedly put up with it, where she repeatedly took her daughter back, where she repeatedly showered her daughter with vacations, tutors, forgiveness, who knows what else, and where it happened again and again 86 times plus the murder. That sounds like the cycle of abuse that we read about in abusive marriages, except in this case it is a teenage daughter that is the perpetrator of abuse and the mother that is stuck in the cycle. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like this before.

IMVHO, they acted more like frenemies. Kwim? Why did Sheila refuse to get Heather mental help for all those years? WHY? Even when police suggested that Heather be institutionalized, Sheila wouldn't do it. I really do wonder if Heather could be bipolar or schizophrenic or something, something that could have been curbed with appropriate doctors and medicine. How could this go on for so many years and a judge didn't DEMAND that Heather be institutionalized? After so many complaints to police, is there a reason the State didn't step in? I just don't understand.

What would have happened to her half million dollars if she had been institutionalized? Would it have gone to the institution? If Heather's behavior had been stabilized in an institution at the age of 15, would her mother have been able to request the money in 2011 when Heather was 15?

This is so sickening, if she hadn't been murdered where would this relationship have ended? Ultimately the same result, death? It's like those terrible stories of abused children, you wished someone had rescued them well before the worst happened, I wish someone could have rescued Sheila. :(

What kind of mother will this make Heather? Her temper is monstrous and I fear it's her nearest and dearest that suffer the most. She doesn't appear too upset about what she's done, she is just so horrible, only a mother could love? :( JMO

Read earlier that the initial payout that Sheila got of around $350,000 went on repayment of mortgages.

Sheila moved into her husband's home, the one he got from his previous wife. Was she borrowing money against the home between his death and the settlement ... or perhaps as a couple they borrowed money with the house as collateral? Did her husband leave her enough money to pay out the mortgage and the taxes on the house for one years? Sheila's settlement was slightly more than the mortgage and the remaining half million was intended for Heather. If Sheila was awarded her daughter's inheritance when Heather was 15, then it's very likely that Heather was out of control angry at her mother for the last three years.

I'm not interested in blaming the victim either and didn't mean to give that impression. Clearly this was a daughter out of control from the time that she was 9 years old until she murdered her mother. It's just that I can't understand how the dynamics of the family became so abusive where the mother was the victim, where she repeatedly put up with it, where she repeatedly took her daughter back, where she repeatedly showered her daughter with vacations, tutors, forgiveness, who knows what else, and where it happened again and again 86 times plus the murder. That sounds like the cycle of abuse that we read about in abusive marriages, except in this case it is a teenage daughter that is the perpetrator of abuse and the mother that is stuck in the cycle. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like this before.

I didn't feel you were victim-blaming at all Otto :seeya: - you didn't give that impression imo.

And I too have never heard of anything like this before. Such an odd case.

Very tragic.

This is just my own opinion.

I think there's the same co-dependency dynamics going on in this mother and daughter relationship as there would be in other kinds of abusive relationships. It takes therapy for both because most times one is the enabler allowing the behavior to continue for reasons that need to be examined.

Example - a spoiled child needs someone to spoil them. They don't get
there on their own.

As I said, JMO.

This is so sickening, if she hadn't been murdered where would this relationship have ended? Ultimately the same result, death? It's like those terrible stories of abused children, you wished someone had rescued them well before the worst happened, I wish someone could have rescued Sheila. :(

What kind of mother will this make Heather? Her temper is monstrous and I fear it's her nearest and dearest that suffer the most. She doesn't appear too upset about what she's done, she is just so horrible, only a mother could love? :( JMO

I don't think Heather will have the opportunity to be a mother...I think she'll be serving a hefty sentence, and I pray the child is placed in a loving, stable home (whether an extended family member, or, whatever method is used).

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member