Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep typing John, but looked up James. I would have sworn it was A, not M. Back to checking. I bet these two are related.

also,if they are pulling a fast one the Feds should be notified,someone with the no how should be alerted,they think they are crafty the Athony clan,another word comes to mind,pfffft

It looks like his offer is what initiated the motion to sell her rights. He is a bankruptcy lawyer so would likely know what is possible. It may be just that he wants to keep her from profiting and this is an altruistic move. I hope that is the case, but it is so hard to simply accept his motives as good and not a backdoor for fca.

I am so hoping that is true. I think I would be in shock if there was to be just one person in this whole stinking case who had noble intentions, with nothing but Caylee in mind !

also,if they are pulling a fast one the Feds should be notified,someone with the no how should be alerted,they think they are crafty the Athony clan,another word comes to mind,pfffft

The Feds filed the motion outlining how the assets will be sold. The Anthony's have nothing to do with it.

JMO

Reading his bio I think it's the same James M that I posted. Under his Prior Affiliations it does list the law firm that is shown on the link I posted. So I think same guy. :)

Probably. Looks like he now has his own firm.

JMO

Someone found him and got the reassurance we need. I really hope this is sincere. Taken from Hal Boedeker's blog today-

Written by Mary Poppins-
I just sent the following email to Jim Schober.

Please reassure us in the public that your true intention in bidding on the rights to Casey Anthony's story is to keep her from profiting off the death of her child,and that you are not in any collusion with her in any way.
As citizens we are very concerned about this travesty of justice.

I will post your response on Hal Boedeker's blog in the Orlando Sentinel,
or feel free to post there personally. Those who are still seeking justice
for Caylee would like very much to hear from you. If you are successful
in obtaining the rights, we would find no fault if this is a profitable investment
for you, as long as she doesn't make money off it.

I received a prompt and lovely response from Jim Schober.

"Thankyou, and nice detective work, you're the first to find me .
I will have a statement soon, but rest assured that I have no intention of
profit and am not in collusion with her (or anyone else). Regards,Jim."

According to the following link, we won't have to worry about TMZ or any of Casey's supporters bidding on the rights to her "story" because she is allowed to make a bid herself and "Buy Back" her assets (to be repaid generally within within 10-12 months.)

:what: I am reading this right, aren't I?

"What is a Buy Back?
A "Buy Back" case is where the debtor makes an offer to purchase their unencumbered, non-exempt assets back from the Trustee. When you file chapter 7, you are required to list all your assets. Your attorney will then put your state and constitutional exemptions on these assets to protect any equity they may have. If they can't be completely protected, then the Trustee has the right to sell them to the highest bidder. Generally, that is the debtor. Your attorney will make the offer to buy back the equity in the assets and request that the payments be made over a period of time. Generally, most trustees will allow 10-12 months with no interest for a buy back. This way the person isn't forced to give up their vehicle and or personal belongings that can't be exempt. Please hire an attorney. The cost of an attorney will likely be less than the property value you might lose because you didn't know the law."

http://www.keithdcollier.com/chapter-7-bankruptcy.php

Did CA list what is outlined in the motion filed by the BK trustee as an asset?

JMO

Did CA list what is outlined in the motion filed by the BK trustee as an asset?

JMO

Not that I saw :). In fact she made a point of telling the court that she had no assets other than something like $50 cash and her furniture at her parents IIRC. They actually asked her if she had any offers of books, interviews, movies, etc and she said no.

Am I remembering this correctly?

Not that I saw :). In fact she made a point of telling the court that she had no assets other than something like $50 cash and her furniture at her parents IIRC. They actually asked her if she had any offers of books, interviews, movies, etc and she said no.

Am I remembering this correctly?

That's what I remember also. If she ruined her panty hose during her entrance, I would hate to be around her underwear after she found out about the motion filed by the BK referee.

JMO

Someone found him and got the reassurance we need. I really hope this is sincere. Taken from Hal Boedeker's blog today-

Written by Mary Poppins-

Please reassure us in the public that your true intention in bidding on the rights to Casey Anthony's story is to keep her from profiting off the death of her child,and that you are not in any collusion with her in any way.

in obtaining the rights, we would find no fault if this is a profitable investment

I think the guy is on the up and up, but I think we are all gun shy about just everything as it seems it all just rolls off CA. I really do hope the BK Trustee gets his motion approved.

JMO

James (Jim) M. Schober got his BA from Ohio State University. He is from Cleveland Ohio. Cleveland is not that far from Warren, where the A's lived. I hope this is all above board and he really has no connection to them. He got his JD from University of Texas.

According to the document James M Schober - not John A is the one making the offer.

#4 in the document

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

There is a James M who is a bankruptcy lawyer in TX
http://www.martindale.com/James-M-Schober/1643376-lawyer.htm

There are a lot of similar names so I guess we will have to wait it out until someone speaks. I found one who is in clinical psychology in MN and thought it said criminal psychology. LOL

http://www.healthgrades.com/group-d...rookston/northwestern-mental-health-ctr-fwvcl

Surely, the trustee will investigate who this person is and I hope he is found to be legit in his intentions.

I am reading these assets to mean FCA's rights to do whatever she tries to make some money, even if it did not have anything to do with Caylee. Could that be right?

Written by Mary Poppins-

I just checked Hal's blog and did not see this.
Do you have the link?
Thank you.

What is Casey going to buy them back WITH? I thought she was broke....
;)

Exactly! She might be broke and owe a lot of money right now but her backers/supporters might be eager to continue to invest in her; hoping that they will, someday, get their investment back.

But my real point was, that if even Casey can bid ~ then I would surmise that absolutely anyone can submit a bid (like her family or TMZ?) ~ regardless of motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper