Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charlie Sheen's latest Webcast: The saddest performance of his career:

Never in the history of Hollywood has a celebrity downfall been so meticulously publicly documented — initially to our stunned amusement, then to our growing horror. It feels as if a street corner addict were given millions of dollars, millions of fans, and a Web cam. The fan reactions below the video tell you all you need to know: “AWWW SOMEBODY THAT’S CLOSE TO HIM PLEASE GET to his HOME and HELP Him!” wrote one.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/08/charlie-sheen-webcast/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsS7cUvDnag

I don't know if this was posted backthread because I haven't watched Sheen in the media for more than a few days.

I really don't care too much for doctors that will diagnose someone without having been in the room with them in a clinical setting. In fact I wouldn't trust that diagnosis as far as I could spit but that's just me. I will say that I am accepting this particular observation of Sheen's behavior by Dr. Drew as more than likely accurate.

The reason I brought the link here is that quite a few of the members here are interested specifically in Sheen and also because the last couple minutes of this video are really good in understanding how a brain that is compromised by either addiction or mental illness is functioning.

Especially what he says about the mental illness part, and how he explains the advanced addicted brain----etc.

Just sharing.

Prayers for Sheen. IMHO he might not be one of the lucky ones who gets to have a bottom before death. I hope he does, but I think he might just hit that bottom going 90 MPH and die from the impact. A lot of addicts do. :(

BBM

Like you, I think it's repulsive that a doctor would do this. I've never read or listened to anything Dr. Drew has said - I gather he has some sort of celeb rehab show but I've never seen it.

For him to publicly make any sort of medical pronouncement about Charlie Sheen, who I understand he has never met clinically nor treated in any way, is repugnant. I think Dr. Drew's time might be better spent turning his clinical eye on his own personal mental, emotional and spiritual problems. I will posit a guess that the first of those problems might be that he's a fame *advertiser censored*.

Saw "epi 3"... if his manic raging wasn't disturbing enough, he looks so thin and gaunt. Sadly, people are willingly enabling this... how they can laugh and play around with him, as he implodes: is sadistic, IMO.

I hope someone can help this train wreck that is about to happen!

Charlie reminds me of my 33 year old bi-polar son. When my son gets stressed, it seems it brings on a manic episode. If you give him an audience, he won't shut up. Sometimes it goes on for months. Weight loss, sleeping, if at all, just a few hours a night. It's very sad to watch.

ETA: Sometimes my son actually will have some very insightful things to say, and the rest is just an off the wall rant. He also has paranoia.

Charlie is more than bi-polar, he is an addict. Yes the insightful moments come, but at a cost to him, and everyone around. He does not acknowledge it, but he knows, hence the 20 somethings as paid friends, not his own peers.

He is in the most dire of situations for any person, an addict with mental issues, lost his job, his family, his friends, his respect from those (he has not found self respect and may never).

He is on the very razor's edge. His paid for 20 somethings do not know what is coming, they haven't seen it yet. This is a complete mental breakdown with moments of clarity and brilliance to cover it up (in his mind).

He is a person of (former) power, fame and money. It may not be handled as well as one of us without those many things backing him up.

Charlie is more than bi-polar, he is an addict. Yes the insightful moments come, but at a cost to him, and everyone around. He does not acknowledge it, but he knows, hence the 20 somethings as paid friends, not his own peers.

He is in the most dire of situations for any person, an addict with mental issues, lost his job, his family, his friends, his respect from those (he has not found self respect and may never).

He is on the very razor's edge. His paid for 20 somethings do not know what is coming, they haven't seen it yet. This is a complete mental breakdown with moments of clarity and brilliance to cover it up (in his mind).

He is a person of (former) power, fame and money. It may not be handled as well as one of us without those many things backing him up.

I had no clue Charlie Sheen was having any insightful moments. I only watched part of one of his tirades and I thought immediately of my son. It was much too painful for me to watch. JVM started talking about him tonight and I changed the channel but thought I would comment here about the similarities between him and my son. Unfortunately, they don't meet the requirements to have them put under a 72 hour watch. Very frustrating. My son is now a prescription drug addict. He started doing drugs at 28 years old. I haven't been in contact with him in over eight months. My son has lost everything including his children. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

I haven't listened to any of the stuff, but he looks just terrible in the pictures. I do hope he goes somewhere to rest (and eat) soon! God bless him and keep him well.

BBM

Like you, I think it's repulsive that a doctor would do this. I've never read or listened to anything Dr. Drew has said - I gather he has some sort of celeb rehab show but I've never seen it.

For him to publicly make any sort of medical pronouncement about Charlie Sheen, who I understand he has never met clinically nor treated in any way, is repugnant. I think Dr. Drew's time might be better spent turning his clinical eye on his own personal mental, emotional and spiritual problems. I will posit a guess that the first of those problems might be that he's a fame *advertiser censored*.

It really bothers me how nearly every time society sees a person out of control they jump on a he/she's Bipolar bandwagon in seconds flat. It just FEEDS the stigma. Professionals should know better!!

Does anyone know how the dog died? That has been worrying me all day. Especially after him ranting about cutting throats and seeing him waving a machete around.

Court should be interesting tomorrow.

I just hope they keep the kids away from him!

Charlie reminds me of my 33 year old bi-polar son. When my son gets stressed, it seems it brings on a manic episode. If you give him an audience, he won't shut up. Sometimes it goes on for months. Weight loss, sleeping, if at all, just a few hours a night. It's very sad to watch.

ETA: Sometimes my son actually will have some very insightful things to say, and the rest is just an off the wall rant. He also has paranoia.

I too have Bipolar with Psychotic episodes.. but Drugs can mimic the same behaviors and paranoia. It's too hard to tell which it is without knowing for sure if he is clean or not.

I heard about this earlier today.

Charlie Sheen now going after Jon Cryer

The just-fired actor is now going after former costar Jon Cryer for not reaching out to him.

"Like I said: You're with me, or you're with the trolls," Sheen exclusively told E! News today. "Obviously he's with the trolls."

And Charlie doesn't stop there.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b229850_Charlie_Sheen_on_Jon_Cryer_quotHes_a_Turncoatquot.html

This just speaks volumes to me about the extent of his addiction and his out of control narcissism. Why should Jon Cryer call him? He probably wants to avoid the antics of a quite insane Charlie Sheen. Not to mention because of Charlie Sheen he is (at least termporarily) out of a job. CS seems completely oblivious to the effects of his self centered actions on others. In CS's world it's pay attention to ME! Everything is all about ME! He seems to have absolutely no concept that this is all of his of his own doing, he caused all of it. UGH! JMO.

Very upsetting. It is clear from watching this that the twin with the apple has no bond with CS. None whatsoever. And the little curly haired baby, I really think there is a problem with him. He seemed delayed. I know that there are rumors that Brooke used during her pregnancy and that one of the babies had problems and stayed in the hospital for a long time. I am sure that is the one.

Snipped by me for space. I'm a bit confused. I wonder if the link has changed? I didn't see anything upsetting. Sheen was more normal during this calm hand-off than we have seen in weeks. The curly haired boy was barely shown and not much can be determined from that. It was night. If anything, these babies were likely tired. The kid with the apple in the video I saw seemed friendly enough but I doubt these babies have much of a bond with anyone other than their nannies, poor things. Their parents are to busy partying or having untreated mental illness episodes.

Exactly! The world is full of guys who are on drugs, out of a job, and hanging with easy-to-get/easy-to-forget women. Most of these guys are under the impression that they are special -- "I just can't live in your button-down world!" Even the violence he reportedly brings to his relationships is nothing out-of-the-ordinary. We see it here all the time.
Basically, he's a Trailer Park Boy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW4JRSzPJQo&feature=related

Okay, that was a very funny video!

Gloria Allred press conference in 3...2...

Attorney Gloria Allred, who once represented a woman allegedly assaulted by Charlie Sheen, said the latest threats the actor reportedly made should be investigated by authorities.
Sheen in 1996 pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of battery with serious bodily injury after he was accused of of knocking his then-girlfriend Brittany Ashland to the floor. Allred represented Ashland and sees a pattern in Sheen's behavior.

More:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ged-threats-merit-criminal-investigatiom.html

Also very funny! DairyGirl's post was immediately followed by SuziQ's! Ironic.

No court tomorrow - guess they're still in negotiations. I have a feeling (IMHO) that CS is trying to avoid getting in front of the court.

MOO

Mel

Based on the history, I believe Mueller is seeing how much she can get from Sheen in the way of money, a house, etc. She is willing to negotiate her kids for that, IMO. Otherwise, what on earth is there to negotiate? It's either supervised visitation or nothing. That should be the offer. Until he's well and has shown a pattern of stability. It's not hard to make such an offer and there should not be much negotiating involved. No way should this guy have these kids in his care unsupervised in his condition. But I think Mueller is more worried about cash than her children. Those kids did not luck out here at all.

It's horrible to watch. I can see him losing all visitation rights with his kids. Hope they can save him before it is too late.

He won't lose all visitation. Supervised visitation is always an option. And I have a feeling he won't lose unsupervised visitation for long either: As long as he pays Mueller enough - he will likely get his kids.

Saw "epi 3"... if his manic raging wasn't disturbing enough, he looks so thin and gaunt. Sadly, people are willingly enabling this... how they can laugh and play around with him, as he implodes: is sadistic, IMO.

Someone posted a NY Times article about just this. (Was it you?) And that TMZ video of him ranting on the phone to someone, who the heck are these people? Certainly not his friends. They should be begging him to go for an evaluation. Instead, they act like all is okay. Ridiculously sad.

I bounce between pity and irritation with these kinds of celeb problems. I don't like to see anyone fall apart like this. But I have seen people fall apart like this in my life on a few occasions and none of them have ever had close to the resources available to celebs like Sheen to get better while still surviving. Most people if they have to be hospitalized for a long period, for example, for drugs, lets say, they lose their jobs and then their car and then their home. Not people like Sheen. They also don't have the funds to pay for wonderful rehab centers and sometimes are on waiting lists, having to call every morning at 6:00 a.m. to see if they can be admitted that day, to a government-funded center. Not people like Sheen.

Rich celebs have the ability to take time off, to get immediate, high quality help, to have minders or sponsors or psychologists on call or shadowing them 24/7. They have the funds for high-priced lawyers, high dollar litigation and expensive publicists so that the consequences of their drug or mental issues do not last too long. The rest of us would lose our jobs, our kids and probably our freedom by being arrested and placed in jail.

So, knowing all that celebs have in their corner, it's hard not to feel annoyed. There are tons of people all over the country right now having life-threatening drug and/or mental health issues and few give a darn for them. I guess the one downfall I can see for these celebs is that the gravy train is so great that people close to them will ride the wave rather than do the right thing and try to help their friend, client, employer, etc., in the hopes of cashing in a bit more. And that's just gruesome. Who can be so immoral? None of those hanger-ons give a darn for this guy. Pathetic.

Originally posted by gitana1
Snipped by me for space. I'm a bit confused. I wonder if the link has changed? I didn't see anything upsetting. Sheen was more normal during this calm hand-off than we have seen in weeks. The curly haired boy was barely shown and not much can be determined from that. It was night. If anything, these babies were likely tired. The kid with the apple in the video I saw seemed friendly enough but I doubt these babies have much of a bond with anyone other than their nannies, poor things. Their parents are to busy partying or having untreated mental illness episodes.
I think I said it badly but that was the point I was trying to make. If the child were leaving his nanny we probably would have seen tears.

Based on the history, I believe Mueller is seeing how much she can get from Sheen in the way of money, a house, etc. She is willing to negotiate her kids for that, IMO. Otherwise, what on earth is there to negotiate? It's either supervised visitation or nothing. That should be the offer. Until he's well and has shown a pattern of stability. It's not hard to make such an offer and there should not be much negotiating involved. No way should this guy have these kids in his care unsupervised in his condition. But I think Mueller is more worried about cash than her children. Those kids did not luck out here at all.
I agree 100%. I remember when they were first married and how desperate she seemed to have a baby. They were JUST married. Enjoy you spouse a bit before you bring another life into the family. And he had the 2 girls with Denise that he had signed off on. I had a feeling that that all she was concerned about was giving CS an heir, preferably a male heir, so that her income would be guaranteed. After she became pregnant I wondered if she underwent infertility treatment. I kind of remember reading she did.

He won't lose all visitation. Supervised visitation is always an option. And I have a feeling he won't lose unsupervised visitation for long either: As long as he pays Mueller enough - he will likely get his kids.
Again, I agree. I think she sees those kids has her ticket to easy street. Sad to say.

Chuckles better lay off the Duck Man - That guy is a hero of mine.

duckiebw.jpg

Originally posted by gitana1

I think I said it badly but that was the point I was trying to make. If the child were leaving his nanny we probably would have seen tears.

I agree 100%. I remember when they were first married and how desperate she seemed to have a baby. They were JUST married. Enjoy you spouse a bit before you bring another life into the family. And he had the 2 girls with Denise that he had signed off on. I had a feeling that that all she was concerned about was giving CS an heir, preferably a male heir, so that her income would be guaranteed. After she became pregnant I wondered if she underwent infertility treatment. I kind of remember reading she did.

Again, I agree. I think she sees those kids has her ticket to easy street. Sad to say.

Oh! I got ya'. Like how normal kids don't just say "Goin' bye bye." They cry if mommy or daddy don't get in the car with them? That kind of thing? Then yes. It's quite telling. These kids will probably write a sad tell all book one day after years of therapy, poor things. They are not having a nice, normal, quiet life with parents who would die for them.Very sad.

In my own very unprofessional opinion, CS is 100% off the rails. If ANY judge allows him unsupervised visitation, they should be removed from the bench immediately.

Brooke is another story altogether.

Those poor little baby boys....

Charlie Sheen -- This Is Who I Hate

53 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Charlie Sheen is a man without a job, but he does still have an Internet connection -- so he took to Ustream again, for the first time since got fired from "Two and a Half Men," to go through all the people he's mad at ... and no one got it worse than Chuck Lorre.

Video at link:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/08/charlie-sheen-fired-two-and-a-half-man-chuck-lorre-ustream-video/

Wow, what the heck! And no one is going to stop him? His nicotine stained fingers, his pallor - this guy is not sleeping much.

Most people who have "episodes" do not tape such events and if they do, they are not famous so few care until someone gets murdered in a psychotic rampage. But this guy is famous. His livelihood revolves around being famous. Assuming (and hoping) that this guy gets better, gets sane and sober, etc., how can he repair all the damage? How can he heal with all of this out there? Who would ever hire him again? It's humiliating! Very embarrassing! And evil people are out there cashing in with no qualms.

Oh! I got ya'. Like how normal kids don't just say "Goin' bye bye." They cry if mommy or daddy don't get in the car with them? That kind of thing? Then yes. It's quite telling. These kids will probably write a sad tell all book one day after years of therapy, poor things. They are not having a nice, normal, quiet life with parents who would die for them.Very sad.

That made me ponder back to when my son was that age. I couldn't even go to the grocery store without tears. When I went to work I had to sneak out!

These little toddlers seem to have no problem tellin dada buh-bye.

Sad --

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member