Being sober is boring: Charlie Sheen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this has been covered - why can't someone take over his affairs and get him committed somewhere?

I am not a lawyer and, obviously, I don't know the inside story of what's going on with Charlie Sheen; I only know what is being presented in the media.

My theory, though, is that the reason he has not yet been involuntarily committed is that he hasn't threatened his own life and he hasn't gone far enough to be considered a clear and imminent threat to anyone else's life, either.

The reason Britney Spears could be involuntarily committed and her father granted a conservatorship for her is because she was threatening suicide.

It isn't enough to be babbling incomprehensibly or to be throwing away money left and right. Neither of those are either illegal or even considered as signs of mental illness; otherwise Yogi Berra and Brooke Astor would have both qualified, the one for his many "Yogi-isms" and the other for her philanthropy.

Sadly, as the system works now, his best chance for getting some significant help is probably through the criminal justice system. If he is arrested for another crime, a judge could require him to go to rehab, enter into therapy, etc, as conditions of release.

The one thing that really bugged me was seeing a 22 month old eating a big apple without it being cut in smaller pieces. I worried he was going to choke because apples are one of the dangerous things for a toddler to eat unless they have manageable pieces. Especially with the skin still on. LOL

Surrounded by enablers, just like Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, Elvis and many many more

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41944830?__source=otbrn|outbrainext|&par=otbrn

I have been where he is, due to drugs, and it took a total disaster and loss of virtually everything to bring me to my senses, plus a few tough loving friends. I hated everyone at the time but boy am I grateful now

Sheen is SO having a Manic episode courtesy of his Bi-Polarism.
I work in the mental health industry and have heard so many grandious rants exactly like his over the years.
A few more days without sleep and he'll be walking naked down La Cienega announcing he's Jesus Christ wait and see.
He needs some medication and not the self perscribed kind.

Wow, how did I miss this Sheen quote from earlier, about people watching him from home:

"You know they lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and look at their loser lives and then they look at me and they say "I can't process it"

Chuckles better lay off the Duck Man - That guy is a hero of mine.

duckiebw.jpg

I know, right??!! LONG LIVE DUCKY!!!!!

Wow, how did I miss this Sheen quote from earlier, about people watching him from home:

"You know they lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and look at their loser lives and then they look at me and they say "I can't process it"

I saw that a few days ago too. Rageful, arrogant and aggressive.

Grandiosity and disinhibition, it's a addict thing IMO.

I don't believe he is clinically manic, where is the thought disorder, flight of ideas, punning etc..?
I am an RN psych and I believe we are watching an out of control addict in total denial :twocents:
He needs an intervention big time
JMHO

"I'm really starting to lose my mind," says Sheen. "I'm ready to call anyone to help."

Sheen, who recently lost his job on 'Two and a Half Men,' in addition to custody of his twin sons, Bob and Max, to estranged wife Brooke Mueller, now realizes that his lifestyle of excess has become unmanageable.

"I"m really trying to contain myself right now," says Sheen. "My lawyer wants to come over to my house and take the bullets out of my gun."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/09/...?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|sec3_lnk2|205361

Well if this is true, I pray someone helps him quick...

Was he talking about everyone or just that producer from Two and A Half Men? Not that it really matters I guess because it was a rude thing to say about anyone, I just thought when he said it he was talking about Chuck.

"I'm really starting to lose my mind," says Sheen. "I'm ready to call anyone to help."

Sheen, who recently lost his job on 'Two and a Half Men,' in addition to custody of his twin sons, Bob and Max, to estranged wife Brooke Mueller, now realizes that his lifestyle of excess has become unmanageable.

"I"m really trying to contain myself right now," says Sheen. "My lawyer wants to come over to my house and take the bullets out of my gun."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/09/...?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl2|sec3_lnk2|205361

Well if this is true, I pray someone helps him quick...

If he's sincere, it might be the best thing he ever admitted to himself.

Bipolar calls for an equivalent depression. My mother is bipolar, and though the mania was a huge PITA, the depression was truly terrifying.

Does CS have a history of depression?

Charlie Sheen says he may stop doing interviews
by DP Show on March 9, 2011 in Dan Patrick Show

Charlie Sheen called in three weeks after joining the show for the first time.

“This could be my final interview,” Sheen said. “This is where it all began and where it all ends.”

Sheen said that he’s not happy with how shows are treating him. “Why? All they do is glad-hand me to get into my home, then they villify me,” Sheen said.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/03/09/charlie-sheen-checks-back-in/

I guess he did the show about an hour ago.

I missed a link somewhere?

I"m not being sassy either. Has Charlie Sheen been diagnosed with bipolar disease?

I see a lot of posts stating it as fact so I had to have missed where it was said that he for sure has bipolar disease.

If it hasn't been stated then we can't assume he has it because as OLG pointed out a page or so ago---chronic drug use, advanced addition issues---can also show themselves in the types of behaviors we are seeing Charlie exhibit at this time.

So if someone can bump me a link because I searched but I guess I'm not searching correctly. If it hasn't been published he could very well be in the throws of a very very ugly advanced addiction. As an aside: if you have never seen an alcoholic hit the state of wet brain...count yourself lucky. You can't pump your body full of chemicals for decades and not do damage. You just can't. JMHO.

Charlie Sheen says he may stop doing interviews
by DP Show on March 9, 2011 in Dan Patrick Show

Charlie Sheen called in three weeks after joining the show for the first time.

“This could be my final interview,” Sheen said. “This is where it all began and where it all ends.”

Sheen said that he’s not happy with how shows are treating him. “Why? All they do is glad-hand me to get into my home, then they villify me,” Sheen said.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/03/09/charlie-sheen-checks-back-in/

I guess he did the show about an hour ago.

BBM

I'm sure that is true. But I am pro whatever it takes for Charlie to go get some rest.

I do hope he gets some help,he's spiraling out of control and is gonna come crashing down real hard,hope he can pull himself back up.
Just goes to show,money doesn't buy happiness and drugs take everything you have and doesn't give you a d*** thing back.

Bipolar calls for an equivalent depression. My mother is bipolar, and though the mania was a huge PITA, the depression was truly terrifying.

Does CS have a history of depression?

I think Charlie has been an addict for so long it will take detox, rehab, sober living (and perhaps DBT) and a therapist who knows the difference between the "ism's" and the symptoms of mental illness before he can even be properly assessed for a mental illness.

I missed a link somewhere?

I"m not being sassy either. Has Charlie Sheen been diagnosed with bipolar disease?

I see a lot of posts stating it as fact so I had to have missed where it was said that he for sure has bipolar disease.

If it hasn't been stated then we can't assume he has it because as OLG pointed out a page or so ago---chronic drug use, advanced addition issues---can also show themselves in the types of behaviors we are seeing Charlie exhibit at this time.

So if someone can bump me a link because I searched but I guess I'm not searching correctly. If it hasn't been published he could very well be in the throws of a very very ugly advanced addiction. As an aside: if you have never seen an alcoholic hit the state of wet brain...count yourself lucky. You can't pump your body full of chemicals for decades and not do damage. You just can't. JMHO.

No link, and as far as I know none have posted that it is fact that Charlie suffers from bipoolar disorder. All the posts I have read regarding bipolar are suggesting it as a POSSIBLE reason for his seemingly manic behavior because he is currently testing clean for alchohol and drugs. His thought process seems a bit all over the place and some are wondering if all the booze and drugs were an effort to self medicate an undiagnosed mental health issue.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg&feature[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper