MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any drug tests had been given to the supposed victims. Were there? Is there any forensic evidence?

Let me say that I don't dispute men in power take advantage of women. Let me also say I don't dispute that woman use their sex for gain.

I can't say who did what, but I see no innocence or guilt here, just a bad thing on both sides, IF true.

No drug tests were done on anyone, as far as we know.

But at least in some cases, Cosby does not deny that there were drugs involved. He admits giving Quaaludes to some of the females, the only dispute is whether it was consensually and knowingly taken in order to facilitate a sexual encounter or not. Drug tests wouldn't do anything to settle that question.

I wonder if any drug tests had been given to the supposed victims. Were there? Is there any forensic evidence?

Let me say that I don't dispute men in power take advantage of women. Let me also say I don't dispute that woman use their sex for gain.

I can't say who did what, but I see no innocence or guilt here, just a bad thing on both sides, IF true.

It is difficult to think up a scenario where women did "use their sex for gain" in the BC case. It requires a huge stretch of the imagination, to think 50+ women, from different parts of the US, who never met one another, all concocted a plot (or was it just a vast coincidence that 50+ women thought up the same plot against the same guy?) to use their sex for gain, by having sex with BC in the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s...then waited until he was a gnarled old man, way past the peak of his fame and fortune, to cash in on that usage of their sex for gain. IMO.

Please, do share your theory of how this could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is difficult to think up a scenario where women did "use their sex for gain" in the BC case. It requires a huge stretch of the imagination, to think 50+ women, from different parts of the US, who never met one another, all concocted a plot (or was it just a vast coincidence that 50+ women thought up the same plot against the same guy?) to use their sex for gain, by having sex with BC in the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s...then waited until he was a gnarled old man, way past the peak of his fame and fortune, to cash in on that usage of their sex for gain. IMO.

Please, do share your theory of how this could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, let me say Cosby was a BIG celebrity. Ya with me so far? He could do many things for many women and they knew it. So, they have a one on one with him, hoping for a favor or two, sex (one way or another) rears it's head and the scene is on (one way or another). I believe there were a lot of hungry young women out there and believe Cosby MAY have been a bit horny, but who knows, I sure don't. I do know a one on one meeting with a famous man, the POSSIBILITY of sex happening, is not unfamiliar to anyone, and if it is, don't leave home without a male relative.

I don't believe there was a "conspiracy", but I do believe there was a band wagon to hop on and it's getting pretty crowded by now. Hell, maybe I could qualify if I had been anywhere near the scene.

Oh, I believe there MAY have been a bit of coercion, sweet talk, promises, whatever, even PERHAPS a pill, but I don't know 'cause I wasn't there. Cosby could be the dirtiest old man who ever walked the earth, but it always takes 2 to tango unless he broken into their bedrooms in the middle of the night.

What I see are bitter, angry, disappointed women hoping to get something out of this, even if it is only dragging someone else down.

Of course, this is only my opinion, I only know what I read in the papers.

JMO I can't really see any "it takes two to tango" factor about many of the stories unless you simply mean there have to be two people in any sexual assault, the victim and the perp. Yeah, some of them should probably have known better than to agree to take an unknown pill from a guy who already creeped them out somehow, but some women described a rather sudden sexual assault with little preamble or warning, and not a lot of sweet talk. And not everybody described being assaulted in a one-on-one meeting. Some said they were assaulted in a one-on-one meeting that they did not choose to have but Cosby manipulated or forced it somehow.

JMO I can't really blame the women for leaving their home without a male relative because I do that every day and I don't think I deserve to be drugged and assaulted because of it.

And you know, some women might have thought about the "possibility of sex" with a famous man. Some women might have wanted it, and planned for ways to get some. Some women could have gone there for a booty call - and it would still be rape if he gave them drugs to knock them out and had his merry way while they were unconscious.

Just because he is famous doesn't mean he gets a pass for everything. JMO.

It's not uncommon for victims of rape to be bitter and angry.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-refuses-delay-deposition-bill-cosby-s-wife-n522041

A federal judge on Friday denied a motion to stay or delay a deposition from Bill Cosby's wife in a civil suit related to sexual assault allegations brought against the actor in Massachusetts.

Camille Cosby is set to be deposed Monday. The deposition is part of a case brought against Bill Cosby by seven woman who claim he defamed them by denying their sexual assault allegations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ian-s-legal-team-branded-persistent-liar.html

One of Bill Cosby's most high-profile accusers is “overly honest” — and came forward years ago, says Dr. Drew Pinsky.

Model Janice Dickinson, one of more than 50 women accusing the fallen funnyman of sexual assault, told Drew on a 2010 “Celebrity Rehab” episode she had been raped by an unnamed “prominent celebrity” in 1982, the reality TV doctor said in a new, explosive declaration supporting Dickinson’s defamation case against Cosby.

Real rape victims don't want your money. They only want justice. So the defamation suit to unknown people is kind of crazy. Jmo.

Sue for the actual rape it's self. Jmo. Because getting millions for defamation alone seems more petty than to actually sue for a supposed actual rape.

Now if you can't prove your rape case; Then how can you prove defamation of character. It just seems like some reaching at this point. Jmo

Real rape victims don't want your money.
Is there a link to prove this?

Real rape victims are all different people who want lots of different things. They are not all the same, but I think usually getting raped does not automatically make you an otherworldly saint who has no need or desire for earthly possessions or financial compensation any more.

At this point it's largely too late to sue for the actual rapes, and hitting back at him in court for something he said now is pretty much the only justice they could hope for.

Picture yourself being raped by a celebrity, and it gets swept under the carpet for many decades. Then when it comes to light he and his attorneys do their best to paint you as a lying, greedy *****. It would feel like another violation.

Real rape victims don't want your money. They only want justice.

Wanting justice and wanting financial compensation are not mutually exclusive. Getting financial compensation can be a part of getting justice, sometimes the only part if other options aren't available.

(quote snipped by me)

Cosby could be the dirtiest old man who ever walked the earth, but it always takes 2 to tango unless he broken into their bedrooms in the middle of the night.

To me, this suggests the narrowest definition of rape. On the upside, it does make me think that you must never have been sexually assaulted. On the downside, it really does seem a bit insensitive to the victims of sexual violence.

What I see are bitter, angry, disappointed women hoping to get something out of this, even if it is only dragging someone else down.
Of course, this is only my opinion, I only know what I read in the papers.

Well, I am glad that you're able to air your opinion in this private forum. But I don't really know how you can have, or think that you have, enough information to judge the women who have accused "The Cos," especially since it has been established that he likes to offer drugs to people. Do you really have a problem with someone being angry if she asserts that she was sexually assaulted or drugged?

I just don't get it.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...016/02/gelzinis_bill_cosby_s_wife_knows_truth

I used to wonder what the Bill Cosby of “I Spy,” “Fat Albert” and “The Electric Company” was doing in Hugh Hefner’s hot tub surrounded by all those bunnies.

When Hefner hosted his TV show “Playboy After Dark,” where all the ’60s hipsters would convene in a TV penthouse, decked out in black ties, there was the Coz … minus the wife, of course.

Well, now the whole country knows what Camille Cosby must have known way back then: Bill Cosby was being Bill Cosby. And apparently she was OK with it, because all those attractive women hovering around the Coz had no identity. They were just window dressing.

Is the humiliation Camille Cosby now fears with this deposition really about her husband’s malignant sex drive? Or is it the fact that she may well have to concede, under questioning from lawyers, that as Bill Cosby’s business partner, as well as his wife, she made 
peace with his backstage wanderlust?

That, indeed, would be a quite bit more than humiliating.

Malcolm-Jamal Warner still attributes his integrity to Bill Cosby:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...bill-cosby-trap-and-complicated-legacies.html
“I’ve talked before about—and Phylicia Rashad has talked about it, too—the dismantling of this man’s legacy,” he continues. “But today it really hit me in a different way because through the years, through my whole career, there’s so much that I have been able to attribute to the experience of being on the show. So much of who I am and how I carry myself in this business has been influenced by him. A lot of things that he has taught me just by example, I carry so much of that with me. There’s a sense of integrity. There’s a sense of dignity that I’ve been able to attribute largely to him. I still attribute a lot of that to him.”
I ask him what’s changed.
“Now being able to talk about those things and attribute them to him lands a very different way,” he says. “So, yes, I can still reflect on those things and attribute those things to him. I’m just not sure how significantly it lands on other people.”

ETA: I think Malcolm Jamal Warner's reaction is so interesting. Not to disparage him in any way, he was so young at the time and none of this is his fault.
But it's just so weird that Cosby was able to cultivate such a honor-integrity-dignity mousketeer persona in the eyes of these kids when apparently it was pretty common knowledge among the adults on the set that he was a bit of a philanderer who liked a string of lovely young actresses in his dressing room.

I don't know, it just seems like at some point it would start to feel squicky and you'd start questioning about deriving your integrity from a possible serial rapist

Feb 21 2016, 12:58 pm ET

Bill Cosby's Wife Camille Fights Order to Testify in Sex Assault Case

by Tom Winter and Jon Schuppe

Bill Cosby's wife has filed a last-ditch request to avoid sitting Monday for a legal deposition in which she'll be asked questions related to sexual assault allegations against her husband.

A federal judge ruled Friday that Camille Cosby must testify in a civil suit by seven women who claim Bill Cosby defamed them by denying their accusations. But late Saturday night, her lawyers filed an emergency motion to stop the deposition — or at least move it to a venue that is more private than the Massachusetts hotel where the proceedings are supposed to take place.

Holding the deposition at the Springfield Marriott would create a "media circus and personal security threat that serves no purpose other than to harass and embarrass her," the motion says...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...ille-fights-order-testify-sex-assault-n523041

Bill Cosby's wife files emergency motion to delay deposition

4 hours ago

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Lawyers for Bill Cosby's wife have filed an emergency motion to postpone her deposition while she appeals a magistrate judge's order.

The motion filed late Saturday says the 71-year-old Camille Cosby's deposition scheduled for Monday should be delayed because she "has had no involvement with the facts or allegations underlying this case." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...Cosby-Defamation/?cid=featuredent_media_cosby

Donjeta: "he was a bit of a philanderer"

That is a bit of an understatement!

Perhaps her dedicated hubby can suggest a hotel she would be more comfortable at...:hot:

It seems like they could have objected to the venue back when it was first suggested, if it was anything other than a delay strategy.

It seems like they could have objected to the venue back when it was first suggested, if it was anything other than a delay strategy.

I think this is all about deflection and misdirection. CC & BC are casting themselves as victims of evil, greedy, lying women and are trying to make the general public have empathy for their "suffering". I agree. As soon as the legal eagles discovered the limits of spousal privilege in that state, they could have applied for a change of venue. It is only now as other ploys have been unsuccessful that the venue change has been requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee