bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not clear on why this is such a horrendous thing. Hopefully having another set of eyes/ears will bring Lisa home sooner.

Me too. If they feel LE is focused on them being guilty instead of finding Lisa, why not hire their own PI to be more open minded.

Ok here is where I get confused. The first part says the family HAS NOT hired the PI, the second says they ASKED (which to me means hired) the PI to help. This has been my problem with this family from day one.. Which is it, did you ask or didnt you. Is it just me or am I grasping at straws. Nothing that has happened in this case makes sense to me. Where in the hell is Lisa.. :banghead:

It would probably be more accurate to say the family engaged him or engaged his services, but that some other entity (ABC?) hired him or is paying for his services.

Since he doesn't have a license in MO though, I doubt he was hired by the entity to do any private investigation - IMO he was hired just to bring more buzz ($$$$ RATINGS $$$$) to the story.

Always just my own personal opinion :angel:

BeanE, is there a thread of just your tweets? I would love one! It would be so nice to keep up with them in one thread, in addition to the different threads on the case.

Yes, see my signature. You can see all my tweets on my Twitter page. You don't need an account.

ETA: You have to refresh to see new tweets.

Morning all.

Has Wild Bill managed to get himself arrested in a fracas with KCPD yet?

Ok here is where I get confused. The first part says the family HAS NOT hired the PI, the second says they ASKED (which to me means hired) the PI to help. This has been my problem with this family from day one.. Which is it, did you ask or didnt you. Is it just me or am I grasping at straws. Nothing that has happened in this case makes sense to me. Where in the hell is Lisa.. :banghead:

Well, the NEWS media is NO longer a reliable source for facts. They have jumped on the sensational bandwagon...say anything, do anything for money and ratings. I take what they say with a grain of salt.

BonyenKCTV5 Bonyen Lee
Police tell me private investigators like Bill Stanton have no more access to crime investigations than the general public.
7 minutes ago

Morning all.

Has Wild Bill managed to get himself arrested in a fracas with KCPD yet?

:laugh:

Not that we know of woofie. And on that note, I am off to work. Thanks for the chuckle to start my day.

What does a PI license give the PI the authority to do vs. a regular citizen? TIA

I found a q & a about pi's, don't know if I can post the link.
Basically it said pi's have no authority beyond the authority of every private citizen.

My baby brother Christopher is one of those 12. www.findchristopher.com. We have have searched for him for 25 years. His disappearance is eerily similiar to Lisa's. Both snatched from their crib in the middle of the night. My family hired private investigators shortly after Christopher's disappearance when it became apparent that LE wasn't investigating. Sadly after my parents spent thousands of dollars on PI's, they too didn't impress. They had never worked a missing child case before, yet alone a baby kidnapped from his crib. It was my Mom who became an amateur detective out of necessity, and the information she uncovered has lead to my brothers case being re-examined finally.

I just wanted to say I am so sorry this happened to your family. Makes me feel bad that I think DB or JI had something to do with this, but one thing stands out, it sounds like you were all so very involved in finding your brother, there's the difference.. God Speed and I hope you do find him soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I think the family is getting used by a certain media and are to naive to realize it. Of course they think they are right because they are told "we have the experience, this PI will really help, he has helped others and even celebrities use him he is so good" blah blah. Even the exclusive imo is due to their naivete

Feel sorry for them.

I found a q & a about pi's, don't know if I can post the link.
Basically it said pi's have no authority beyond the authority of every private citizen.

That is generally true, but they (if they are any good) will have certain tools available to them, and the skill to use them, that most people just don't have. This can include paid database and research services, for example. And also networks of people with specialized skills and access. Most PI's these days work within these "networks". At least that's my experience (we have used them many times).

I don't know the specifics of the local licensing law. But I would guess affiliating yourself with a local PI is sufficient. There may also be some reciprocity in terms of recognizing licensed PI's from another state. PI's can't work without being able to move their investigations around from state to state.

One thing for sure we learned today....media is not above manipulating the story for their own advantage or making the story about them. WHich means anything that the parents have or have not done in the media imo is suspect as to whether it is their choice.

They have a missing baby and are desperate. On one hand LE says its them and they know it isn't (assuming innocence). On the other hand they go public and get castigated by LE or by public. Media entity says we will help, we know how to make things easier and still get the word out about baby LIsa.

This couple, who seems to have no real ties to things that might make them media savvy but someone who has given them lousy advice,. ashleigh..is going to trust the first person who seems empathetic and helpful.

isghs.

We've got ourselves a bonafide fiasco!!

At first I thought it was the local media because the family had frozen them out, but now I think the money grubbing major network is behind both. :banghead:

I am not clear on why this is such a horrendous thing. Hopefully having another set of eyes/ears will bring Lisa home sooner.
When asked who asked him to come, he evades. When asked who is paying him, he evades. He says all the info will be revealed in a press conference tomorrow. He claims he is a PI, but is not licensed to do so. Anybody got anything else. I am sure I missed some.

There should not be all of this secrecy if legit I would think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109
Back