bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gee, i expected to see him making his rounds all over the national morning shows! Nothing! {maybe tomorrow} :giggle:

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
RT @NimaKCTV5: Reading a lot about #wildbill #BillStanton Man has been handed to families paid for by the networks on more than 1 occasion.
6 hours ago

IMO, the chances of LE welcoming this PI with open arms is "slimmer to none." If the parents shared something with this PI and not with LE, then I smell some charges against them.

There is no reason to have a PI come on this case at all.

I remember thinking at one time anything that kept the child's name in the news was good....but that was before COBRA. It actually CAN hurt a case and from reading about this guy....ugh.

I remember thinking at one time anything that kept the child's name in the news was good....but that was before COBRA. It actually CAN hurt a case and from reading about this guy....ugh.

may i ask... what is COBRA?
TIA :tyou:

My theory is that the network said to the family, "You have to use this guy. He's a PI. He's worked with other families. He'll find your daughter. Blah Blah Blah" and the family said "Ok" because the media comes across as being very powerful, very big, very intimidating, and they feel they can't say no to them. I'm sure they found some BS way to 'sell' this guy to the family; either by saying that he'll find Lisa or that he can be their connection to the media to keep Lisa's face in the spotlight.

Also, if the network did play a part in bringing this guy into the case, doesn't it seem like they are purposely creating a media circus? In other cases, it seemed like crazy stuff just happened on its own. I'm pretty sure no media hired Cobra or Leonard Padilla.

In my first post on this thread, I mentioned how John and Patsy Ramsey hired PI's too. I'm really starting to see a difference between how the wealthy handle something like this and how everyone else handles it. Lisa's family's PI was supposedly paid for by the media, and they have a sensational, sinister purpose to do something like that. The Ramseys had money, so the were able to hire their own PI's and didn't have any reason to fall for that BS by the media. The PI's in the Ramsey case also come across as being very professional and credible, and when people watch them on TV, it's hard not to think that the Ramseys weren't involved. But when this PI goes on TV and is 'speaking' for Lisa's family, people will probably start to think that the family is involved, that they're crazy like the Anthonys, love publicity, etc.

I hate when things happen when I turn off the news or go to bed.

I think this is starting to feel like the CA case all over again. Is this private eye going to be sleeping at the families house too and babysitting mom.. I dont like the sound of this and someone that might possibly have been paid by a network too? Because if all those t shirts went to pay for him, then someone is going to jail for fraud..

I am so sorry, Good Morning everyone.. I should have said that in my first post.

I am very tired, cranky and annoyed today. I do not like this family at all, sorry. Now that thats out of the way, let the day begin.

“We will be coming forth with information soon,” Bill Stanton said Tuesday night surrounded by Lisa’s family members. “We have some things we want to release, not at this time.”

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...tails-coming-in-lisa-irwin-case#ixzz1aZ9jkWja

From the link -
"Under state law , private investigators have to be licensed in Missouri, but Stanton does not appear on a six-page list of licensed investigators issued by the state. It’s not immediately clear how that might affect his actions in coming days."

Wasn't he a bodyguard before being a PI? Maybe he was hired to be a spokesperson?

Not sure why this guy was hired by whomever. I just hope this case doesn't turn out to be a circus like CA's case.

Baby Lisa needs to be found and there is no time for a circus. She's only 10 months old. I thought LE was doing a good job but maybe they did have tunnel vision, IDK. Hope this PI will truly do an investigation. If he starts to appear on all the news networks shows like TODAY or talk shows like Dr. Phil, I will lose all faith in him. It would mean he's doing it for ratings and $$ rather than for Lisa.

:sigh:

*sigh* I agree with you n/t. I really, really hope this case doesn't shape up to be like the Anthony family circus that we just witnessed. I lost my faith in much of humanity watching that one.

That is the case that brought me to WS, and I can't bear to even look at that forum anymore. :(

I too, thought that LE had a handle on the investigation. Sure they aren't sharing info with the press, but that doesn't equal bad investigating. Why would a solitary outsider feel that they may have an advantage that LE doesn't?

Will he be like the PIs for the Anthony family?

I hate when things happen when I turn off the news or go to bed.

I think this is starting to feel like the CA case all over again. Is this private eye going to be sleeping at the families house too and babysitting mom.. I dont like the sound of this and someone that might possibly have been paid by a network too? Because if all those t shirts went to pay for him, then someone is going to jail for fraud..

Or is he going to work for the family for "free", a la the A's?

From the link -
"Under state law , private investigators have to be licensed in Missouri, but Stanton does not appear on a six-page list of licensed investigators issued by the state. It’s not immediately clear how that might affect his actions in coming days."

Wasn't he a bodyguard before coming a PI? Maybe he was hired to be a spokesperson?

See, another nut like I said, maybe he isnt going to be a PI, maybe a babysitter like Casey had.. This case has other cases written all over it.. If that makes any sense.

If these parents are innocent of any involvement in Lisa's disappearance I feel sorry for them that they are being so horribly advised. Whoever is driving this family's bus - and I suspect it's not them - must be driving under the influence if they think bringing a 'celebrity' PI on board is gonna help either rehabilitate them in PR terms or help find Lisa. Entirely the opposite IMO, this is calculated to alienate the public in spades. Seriously, they've just jumped out of AI's "trust me - I'm a paralegal" frying pan and right into the network(s)'s "trust us - we're [spin] doctors" fire.

If these parents are innocent of any involvement in Lisa's disappearance I feel sorry for them that they are being so horribly advised. Whoever is driving this family's bus - and I suspect it's not them - must be driving under the influence if they think bringing a 'celebrity' PI on board is gonna help either rehabilitate them in PR terms or help find Lisa. Entirely the opposite IMO, this is calculated to alienate the public in spades. Seriously, they've just jumped out of AI's "trust me - I'm a paralegal" frying pan and right into the network(s)'s "trust us - we're [spin] doctors" fire.

I agree 100%. A move like this is going to destroy their relationship with the public. People are going to start accusing them of murdering their daughter, so they will stop looking for her, start putting pressure on LE to have them arrested, everything in their background will be brought to the forefront, they'll be teared apart, etc.

You hit the nail on the head with the PI for sure. And you are also right about whoever is driving this family bus, they are under the influence.

They seem to be hitting the point where this case hasnt been mentioned in the news much, only because the family really hasnt been an involved family they should have been IMO... Do you think they hired someone with a name possibly for say another 15 minutes of fame. Looks good later for a book deal etc... God I hate thinking this way, its just that this family rubs me the wrong way for some reason. What does everyone else think??

I am not clear on why this is such a horrendous thing. Hopefully having another set of eyes/ears will bring Lisa home sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back