Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you ever drag yourself away from the GA thread, Thanks. I'll be looking too. I did hear that TM saw the site and described the bag? Can't see that yet.

If you ever drag yourself away from the GA thread, Thanks. I'll be looking too. I did hear that TM saw the site and described the bag? Can't see that yet.

I looked at him on NG on 12-11 and he described the indentation of the ground but not the bag. (I was looking last night at TM to see if he said anything about the laundry bag or RK statement about skull "rolling out"

I looked at him on NG on 12-11 and he described the indentation of the ground but not the bag. (I was looking last night at TM to see if he said anything about the laundry bag or RK statement about skull "rolling out"
Its all a myth at the moment, but that's ok if it pans out to be true. I worry when I think back to the MR being Geman or Hermaine for a while!

Ok, I have just a few quick things.

First, it seems to me that the pull-ups could not possibly provide any kind of link back to the Anthony home that would be incriminating in any way. If Caylee was wearing pull-ups (and we don't know that she was) that matched the ones from her home, that would be normal in just about any scenario. Unless we are saying that normally child abductors, murderers, and imaginary nannies ALWAYS purchase new pull-ups for their victims. Hmmm. Maybe they would be evidence for the defense if they were different types. :waitasec:

Second, it keeps getting repeated that there was one knife, and it was not with the body. Those are the facts based on the documents released this week. But we do not know for sure that is the only knife found. I'm not saying there was another one, but it would not be the first time a reporter spilled some information which ended up being true. If it is not true, I hope they will retract the error so we can move on. :D

Third, some posters mentioned they did not think LE would take the knife as evidence if it had been washed. I totally disagree and my long career as a Forensic Files watcher and poster on this board :) has taught me that a knife is useful evidence for fingerprints, DNA, cut marks, striations, tool marks, etc. At the point this was taken, Caylee could have been found the next day and the knife used to match up to wounds. I am sure they would have taken the knife, washed or unwashed. I just think it is surprising that CA even told LE it was there to begin with. I do give her kudos for that. :clap:

Lastly, someone else brought up the fact that the laundry bag probably did not have Latino DNA in it, and I agree. Then I got to thinking that a USED laundry bag.... i.e. one you put all your dirty, already worn clothing in, covered in skin cells and who knows what else, would be an absolutely amazing forensic garden. Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, the imaginary nanny and her key could have taken the bag from the home, so likely we won't find out about it. And the more I thought about that, the more I though ewww! I need to go wash the laundry bag in my kid's room! :yuck:

Ok I am off to get ready for work!

Thank you for this very good clarification. I wonder if everyone who posted about there being 2 knives in this thread would be willing to remove their posts or just edit them so that confusion doesn't spread? Just an idea--can't say it's a good one :confused:

Thanks...great idea. This thread was getting really confusing (and I contributed a lot toward this confusion. Sorry about that). I have edited my posts. Thanks to JWG for pointing out where we (me expecially) were confused regarding the knife and black plastic bag.

Didn't read the whole thread...so forgive me if asked and answered...don't the large garbage bags come kind of "cut" and "folded" into the box...not "perforated" ?? The "cut" line would do the same thing to match each bag to ??

I can sooooo see Casey having one of these bags. I had a similar one in college. It was easy to transport clothes home to wash them. Remember, Casey was bee bopping all over the place, taking showers and doing her laundry at different friends' places. She had to have somewhere to store her dirty laundry and I don't see her carrying around a plastic hamper...IMO

Of course KC would have a cloth laundry bag. All college students have them and how was just suppose to keep up the lie she was a college student if she didn't have a cloth laundry bag.

Oh my, we have spell check now. I love who ever did this. :blowkiss:

The black garbage bag was reported to be in a laundry bag. I recall transcripts from both RM and TL's roommate mentioning KC doing laundry. Being that they both lived in apartment communities the laundry room would likely be a community ammenity. Wonder if either RM or TL / his roommates could identify the bag. Nursery themed laundry bags are rather tiny since infant clothing is small. I think this was a full size bag.
IMO

I think i heard the laundry bag was inside the black bag

Please move or delete this thread if needed.

But I thought this was worth a discussion.

The trash bags were stated as kitchen bags with handles, that Caylees little body was placed in. I know most kitchen bags come in 13 gallon bags. Is it possible that her body would have fit in such a small bag with all the other belongings. The only way that would have been possible if her body was already decompsed pretty badly before it was placed in a bag. This makes me sick to think someone could stuff her in a trash bag.
*Bigger 30gal bags can also come with handles. But I thought the handles were yellow. (Never seen a 30gal with yellow handles)

A 13gal bag is not really a big bag for someone of Caylees size.

The trash bags were stated as kitchen bags with handles, that Caylees little body was placed in.

That is incorrect. Read it again...

Attachments

• remains narrative.jpg
    remains narrative.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 122
That is incorrect. Read it again...

Thank you.

Something else that's been bugging me. Maybe this is a good place to bring it up.

There's been a lot of loose talk about bags with yellow handles. The forensics log reported pulling a garbage bag with "yellow pull handles" on Dec. 16 from evidence from the July car search.

This has grown into yellow handles on the bag the remains were found in, much the same as the "discovery" of the Second Knife, and grown further into LE having found a match for the bag (as well as a match for the toy horse, etc., etc.) at the A's house via the ever reliable "Breaking News".

Or have I just got this all wrong? Did I miss something?

Please move or delete this thread if needed.

But I thought this was worth a discussion.

The trash bags were stated as kitchen bags with handles, that Caylees little body was placed in. I know most kitchen bags come in 13 gallon bags. Is it possible that her body would have fit in such a small bag with all the other belongings. The only way that would have been possible if her body was already decompsed pretty badly before it was placed in a bag. This makes me sick to think someone could stuff her in a trash bag.
*Bigger 30gal bags can also come with handles. But I thought the handles were yellow. (Never seen a 30gal with yellow handles)

A 13gal bag is not really a big bag for someone of Caylees size.

It wasn't specific in the report what size the bags were.

There are several pictures of george throwing out black garbage bags with Yellow handles. They look rather large.

There are garden trash bags which are normally orange that are larger again!
I have a kitchen trash bin that holds the large bags. *like the ones george carried out to the curb*

It wasn't specific in the report what size the bags were.

There are several pictures of george throwing out black garbage bags with Yellow handles. They look rather large.

There are garden trash bags which are normally orange that are larger again!
I have a kitchen trash bin that holds the large bags. *like the ones george carried out to the curb*

There are also pictures of George throwing out bags with red handles which enjoyed a brief but significant surge of popularity before the 1.21.09 doc dump mentioned yellow handles.

There are also pictures of George throwing out bags with red handles which enjoyed a brief but significant surge of popularity before the 1.21.09 doc dump mentioned yellow handles.

yes the red handled bags were used much later. But this summer the A's had Yellow garbage bag ties..

Thank you.

Something else that's been bugging me. Maybe this is a good place to bring it up.

There's been a lot of loose talk about bags with yellow handles. The forensics log reported pulling a garbage bag with "yellow pull handles" on Dec. 16 from evidence from the July car search.

This has grown into yellow handles on the bag the remains were found in, much the same as the "discovery" of the Second Knife, and grown further into LE having found a match for the bag (as well as a match for the toy horse, etc., etc.) at the A's house via the ever reliable "Breaking News".

Or have I just got this all wrong? Did I miss something?
You are correct.

The confusion does seem to come from the docs which discuss, not only the remains, but also evidence already in police custody from PREVIOUS occasions. NG apparently has no integrity, she continually broadcasts false details on her show. Her researchers do not seem to be very bright as they can not read and understand a document, even though they are aware their information will be broadcast as fact and "news".

It would be a reasonable GUESS that LE were re examining some items to compare with things revealed at the remains site, but NO DETAIL LIST of anything found at the remains site has been given.
The search WARRANT documents give away some of the items found at the remains site because the narrative gives some detail, presumably to convince a judge to grant a warrant. However, this is a brief narrative which may, or may not, cover all the significant items found at the remains site. (excluding the remains themselves)

On the garbage bag specifically. The fact that LE have a garbage bag with yellow ties given to them with items from the Pontiac, strongly suggests that they are hoping to match it with the bag at the remains site, but they have NOT SAID what colour ties (if any) were on the remains site bag.

Idk....but one thing for sure....if it is a knife cindy gave them, it has nothing to do with this case. :crazy:

It may not have any forensic value since it is one knife that Cindy found in the back of the Pontiac the day they got the car from the towyard but.......it would show there was an indication that KC was accustomed to carrying a knife around with her. For whatever reason, maybe cutting duct tape was something she did often enough for Caylee to have that slight rash on her face. The rash has shown up in so many of Caylee's pic's. This was discussed a few months ago on another thread. This now seems to make sense.

Idk....but one thing for sure....if it is a knife cindy gave them, it has nothing to do with this case. :crazy:

It may not have any forensic value since it is one knife that Cindy found in the back of the Pontiac the day they got the car from the towyard but.......it would show there was an indication that KC was accustomed to carrying a knife around with her. For whatever reason, maybe cutting duct tape was something she did often enough for Caylee to have that slight rash on her face. The rash has shown up in so many of Caylee's pic's. This was discussed a few months ago on another thread and now seems to make sense.

It may not have any forensic value since it is one knife that Cindy found in the back of the Pontiac the day they got the car from the towyard but.......it would show there was an indication that KC was accustomed to carrying a knife around with her. For whatever reason, maybe cutting duct tape was something she did often enough for Caylee to have that slight rash on her face. The rash has shown up in so many of Caylee's pic's. This was discussed a few months ago on another thread and now seems to make sense.

It may not have any forensic value to the naked eye since it is one knife that Cindy found in the back of the Pontiac the day they got the car from the towyard and she indeed did admit to washing it, but.......it could show some forensic evidence that can show up through forensic testing. It could also show that KC was accustomed to carrying a knife around with her. For whatever reason, maybe cutting duct tape was something she did often enough for Caylee to have that slight rash on her face. The rash has shown up in so many of Caylee's pic's. This was discussed a few months ago on another thread and now seems to make so much more sense.

Which color handle comes on which brand trash bag and which one was used?

We have seen pictures now from the A’s of black bags with red handles and black bags with yellow handle. The white trash bag that was in the trunk of Casey’s car was listed as one with yellow handles.

I though I would see if there would be any way to determine if you known the color of the trash bag handle you could find the name of the trash bags, what size it would be and maybe even if you could tell the brand, giving a clue as to where you would purchase it and then see if there was any clue in the documents that would help us to tell that if the bags that we have seen in any pictures at the A’s could or would have been from the Anthony home that Casey used to dispose of Caylee.
I don’t think there is any easy answer or one that would make this a ‘slam dunk’.

This is what I could come up with.

Poly America makes Husky brand trash bags. They show red handles on there website.
Glad Products Company makes Glad brand trash bags. Glad shows red handles on there website.
Pactive Corporation make Hefty & Kordite brand bags. Hefty shows blue handle on there website and Kordite shows yellow handles.
These are just the ones I found in doing a quick search. These seem to be the major brand names. There are most likely more brands that are out there that are 'off brands' and others that are 'locale' brands also.

Then you have store brand trash bags to add to the mix and these are done under contract with different companies that mean one time Wal-Mart brand may be yellow handles and the next batch you buy could be red. Then add grocery stores, hardware stores and the list goes on.

The only thing that I could say with any certainty is that it appears that all trash bags for the kitchen that are size 13 gallon [draw string type] or under seem to always be white in color. The handle color changes with the brands. When going larger is when you can find the bag colors are white, black or gray.

This site is about plastic bags sold in the state of Florida.
http://www.thomasnet.com/florida/plastic-bags-2722403-1.html
It may be helpful to some degree but I cannot find anything that gives a list of who makes what color bag and handle under what name.
You would have to research each company to see if there is any way to come up with a definitive answer.
At this point I don’t know if doing that would be helpful at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back