Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those timeliness about communications only to find out there were a whole bunch more that were not included? That just seems wrong for any case. Let all the information out and let the jury decipher. There is a chance something left out could be irrelevant to one person but relevant to another.

I'm assuming all the names they have mentioned in phone calls and texts will be relevant soon as witnesses I guess

In my opinion, all prints were wiped after getting the truck in the hanger. I think perhaps that where DM's prints were found, it was when moving the truck out of the hanger into the trailer to head to Kleinberg :cow:

Did MS not admit in the agreed statement of facts to being in the truck on the test drive? Would his fingerprints not be a moot point?

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:18 PM
Justice Goodman back in the room. Just waiting on the jury.

Deborrah Sherman @DeborrahS
@susanclairmont If it's ok to answer: does pinging off a tower happen automatically when near one, or does each ping mean a use of phone?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
I don't know the answer to that. (Though I may have heard it at some point.) We've been focused on phone activity.

Jim Ducharme @hugeheadca
@susanclairmont It's automatic Susan.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
There you go. Thanks Jim.

And if the defense had issue with what was left out, it would have been dealt with before trial.

MOO

Good point. My guess is, it was only brought up in front of the jury to cast reasonable doubt - even though the defense knows it was completely irrelevant.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
Next witness is Halton Police Det. Const. Laura McLellan, who did some ID work in this case, assisting Hamilton Police. #Bosma

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:23 PM
Next Witness is Det. Const. Laura Mclellan.

Feb 11 2016 12:24 PM
She did identification work for Hamilton police related to the trial.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Her partner at the time actually was the one taking detailed notes during their work but he's retired and in Florida. She has his notes here

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 20s21 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court will hear from notes and a report filed on May 31, 2013. @CHCHNews #Bosma

All this activity was going on at the time AJ was just finding out it was TB's truck, right? Stolen Monday (6) , Tuesday (7) off, Wednesday(8) saw truck, Thursday(9) pictures and family talk, Friday (10) truck gone and asked to leave and not come back.

I missed that. Who told him to leave. Did SS know at that point?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s41 seconds ago
She's been a cop 22 years. Was a scenes of crime officer before going into forensic identification. Latter has much more training.

AJ told SS he believed that was TB's truck in the hangar. SS had a discussion with DM and DM asked AJ to leave. It's assumed SS told DM exactly what AJ told him. But I don't know if it's been confirmed SS actually did tell him.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Mclellen now describing her qualifications for examination work, photography, fingerprinting, etc. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

DM told him to leave and not come back. It was after AJ saw DM and SS (Son in law) talking in the office and looking over at him. If memory services, he witness this discussion and then DM came out told him to get his things and leave. AJ asked if he meant "all" his things and DM said yes. At that point AJ had told SS what he knew and that he had called police.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:29 PM
She's from Halton police, now describing her work as a scenes of crime officer (which deals with assaults, break and enters, etc) and now describing her qualifications for examination work, photography, fingerprinting, etc

Feb 11 2016 12:31 PM
She has training in gunshot residue from the Centre of Forensic Sciences, who do all the chemistry work for police investigations.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
She's had training in gunshot residue and blood spatter recognition.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Mclellan is trained in collection of gunshot residue. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:33 PM
She has also done a course on bloodstain pattern recognition. In its opening address, the Crown said Bosma's blood was found inside his truck and on the incinerator they say was used to burn his body.

Feb 11 2016 12:36 PM
Mclellen says she took the bulk of the photos for the identification work done in her unit.

She says she took 666 photos over a four day period.

With others, 836 photos were taken total.

Can't wait to hear DM defense team cross this one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
She took most of the identification photos for this case. She says she took 666 of 836 photos.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Mclellan took over 650 photos while gathering evidence. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:33 PM
She has also done a course on bloodstain pattern recognition. In its opening address, the Crown said Bosma's blood was found inside his truck and on the incinerator they say was used to burn his body.

Mclellen says she took the bulk of the photos for the identification work done in her unit.

She says she took 666 photos over a four day period.

With others, 836 photos were taken total.

BBM She couldn't have taken just one more photo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member