Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video]http://embed.scribblelive.com/MediaData.aspx?action=GetMediaFile&PostId=230180872 [/video]

Video won't embed but here's the link

We haven't seen anyone try to cast CN as the mastermind/blackmailer yet. Could still happen!

I'll go the other way with CN. We know she was involved but just because she was with DM dropping the trailer off in Kleinburg does not mean she knew what was in the trailer. MS was at the hangar with DM, the cell trail has DM and MS traveling with the trailer (allegedly) to their homes. DM switches out MS with CN and they head to Kleinburg. For that matter, at this point CN may have only known about the theft. That is a long shot that she didn't know about Tim etc. at this point but..."Hey wanna come for a drive up to my mom's house? Gotta drop off a trailer" does become possible. She may have just been running errands with her boyfriend. ;) MOO (and not a strong opinion...just playing devil's advocate for a change of pace.)

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 12:01 PM
Pillay now cross examining. Asking questinos about verifying accuracy of the timestamp.

Feb 11 2016 12:06 PM
Lauridsen excused. Now taking a 5 minute recess.

Adam Carter

Pillay now cross examining. Asking questinos about verifying accuracy of the timestamp.

Have we been told what the timestamp is?

I'll go the other way with CN. We know she was involved but just because she was with DM dropping the trailer off in Kleinburg does not mean she knew what was in the trailer. MS was at the hangar with DM, the cell trail has DM and MS traveling with the trailer (allegedly) to their homes. DM switches out MS with CN and they head to Kleinburg. For that matter, at this point CN may have only known about the theft. That is a long shot that she didn't know about Tim etc. at this point but..."Hey wanna come for a drive up to my mom's house? Gotta drop off a trailer" does become possible. She may have just been running errands with her boyfriend. ;) MOO (and not a strong opinion...just playing devil's advocate for a change of pace.)

This is exactly the explanation my husband came up with when I mentioned CN's charges.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Pillay asking him about the accuracies of time stamp and how they can confirm it is correct.
No Qs from Dungey. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Fun fact: there is an automated number you can call in to get Canada's official time read out from a clock at the Natl. Research Centre!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s38 seconds ago
We're on a quick break while things get set up for next Crown witness, a @HaltonPolice forensics officer. #Bosma

ALSO JUST A REMINDER: No court tomorrow or Monday :) (we can work!)

Totally possible. But to get a lawyer and keep quiet about it until they get all these phone records and arrest you? Not a good move.

MOO

This is exactly the explanation my husband came up with when I mentioned CN's charges.

Your husband sounds like a very, very smart man. :D

My thought is that if CN was more in the know, her chargers would be more substantial. MOO

All those timeliness about communications only to find out there were a whole bunch more that were not included? That just seems wrong for any case. Let all the information out and let the jury decipher. There is a chance something left out could be irrelevant to one person but relevant to another.

Totally possible. But to get a lawyer and keep quiet about it until they get all these phone records and arrest you? Not a good move.

MOO

I don't think she was just keeping quiet, but instead actively helping...e.g., the letters DM wrote CN asking her to petition DM's friend to change his testimony.

Moving the trailer was just the first that CN knew of things, but it seems that she eventually knew the whole picture and actively sought to help DM evade his charges.

That's why she's in big trouble.

1st mention of timestamp?

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Video showed a truck towing a trailer at 10:55pm on May 9th. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

All those timeliness about communications only to find out there were a whole bunch more that were not included? That just seems wrong for any case. Let all the information out and let the jury decipher. There is a chance something left out could be irrelevant to one person but relevant to another.

Or the things that were left out could be all the communications before and after a certain date. So everything for a given period, but nothing beyond that, with arbitrary cut off dates. That's how I take it. It's not feasible to give a cell phone's ENTIRE history, they have to limit their look to just a few days, which they did.

Adam Carter

Have we been told what the timestamp is?

10:50pm but I'm not sure if that is the correct time or the time on the camera. Apparently it was one minute off and the officer at the scene who first looked at it did not verify this? I think there was something about that when the video was played?

So Pillay is going to make an issue about it? Because it was eventually found to be one minute off and the officer at the scene did not verify it? Is that his job or is that better left to forensics?

MOO

ETA: Okay I don't know what time was originally given. I just remember the tweet that said it was off by a minute.

I agree but my sense is the things that were left out were all the connecting points. They say it pinged a tower by the hanger, then in Milton, then in Oakville which shows movement. They likely omitted the 15 towers it pinged between the hangar and Milton and then the 35 between Milton and Oakville, for example, because it didn't deviate from the direction of travel. Now had they left the highway for a bit, they would have included these pings as well. MOO

I believe the defence can do that when its their turn. They can show all the calls and who DM might have been talking to etc during all those hours whipping around Ontario with a dead man and his truck in his alleged possesion.

This post lands at random.

The next person who ridicules another poster by repeating a specific word mocking DM will find themselves on timeout.

You know the word, and you know who you are, and now you know where you will be if it happens again ... on the outside looking in.

I agree but my sense is the things that were left out were all the connecting points. They say it pinged a tower by the hanger, then in Milton, then in Oakville which shows movement. They likely omitted the 15 towers it pinged between the hangar and Milton and then the 35 between Milton and Oakville, for example, because it didn't deviate from the direction of travel. Now had they left the highway for a bit, they would have included these pings as well. MOO

And if the defense had issue with what was left out, it would have been dealt with before trial.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member