Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for just jumping in here randomly, and for possibly asking something that has already been answered (it would take me hours to read through previous threads)... But, does anyone know if DM's mother is expected to be a witness? Or if she is allowed to attend the trial? (If she is going to be a witness, she may not be?) I attended the trial today and noticed DM waved to a woman who smiled back at him. I ended up chatting with her over lunch for 20 min. Was trying to figure out who she was... I am guessing either mom or aunt...

Any witness will not be allowed to sit in at the trial until they have testified.

I see a dog bowl and bed... wonder where the pup is?

I bet the dog is still in there lost in that mess. What a disgusting looking car. I could never imagine driving or getting in a car like that.

I was always brought up that you take pride in your vehicles. For a car guy you'd think he'd keep it immaculate.

My dad always told me you can judge a lot about a person with how they keep their cars. Usually the judgement is pretty bang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the axle is spattered with blood. I guess it's evidence because it belongs to Tim. JMO

2ugjrdt.png

https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC

This is the muffler showing blood

Any witness will not be allowed to sit in at the trial until they have testified.

So I guess she will be testifying for the defense. Probably as a character witness. Telling us what a good boy DM was and how he got straight As in school.

I'm seeing DM trying to get his financial affairs in order as he realizes there could be a chance he is out of commission for a while soon or maybe planning an extended vacation. The business taxes would only have been due for 2012 a couple weeks before - not surprising that DM is a few weeks late filing particularly since it's his first year with the business sans father. He tries to give the receipt for a $15 000 incinerator to the accountant to file as a business expense for taxes and the accountant tells him, "no way! I'm not being responsible for claiming that!" and DM is caught holding the invoice and thinking about his next move. If he already paid for it through the company, there is a record of it and the evidence is not going to just disappear with burning of the invoice. JMO

Forgive me for just jumping in here randomly, and for possibly asking something that has already been answered (it would take me hours to read through previous threads)... But, does anyone know if DM's mother is expected to be a witness? Or if she is allowed to attend the trial? (If she is going to be a witness, she may not be?) I attended the trial today and noticed DM waved to a woman who smiled back at him. I ended up chatting with her over lunch for 20 min. Was trying to figure out who she was... I am guessing either mom or aunt...

I do believe his mother is expected to be a witness so that likely would not have been her you were speaking with. I assume the woman did not speak to you about her association, if any, with DM?

I don't have a lot to add right now other than to say thanks for these pictures. Even though they are harrowing.
I find the evidence, already, absolutely damning--against DM in PARTICULAR.

These pics are nothing short of heartbreaking. Well, for those with hearts, that is. :(

So I guess she will be testifying for the defense. Probably as a character witness. Telling us what a good boy DM was and how he got straight As in school.

Well, I was thinking she may be required to testify about the truck and trailer being parked in her driveway?

Does anyone have a family tree or something of the Millard family? I am just curious.

Court now seeing photos of the documents found in the duffle bag in the back of MIllard's Yukon.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

The documents pertain to the purchase of an incinerator on June 21, 2012.
by Adam Carter 3:57 PM

I wonder if he was on his way to burn evidence that was in this duffle bag.....

Maybe she will testify. I think it more likely that she will be testifying about the trailer on her driveway as it relates to the case. I doubt the Crown would ask a mother about her son in general, the defense might. Just my opinion.

Well, I was thinking she may be required to testify about the truck and trailer being parked in her driveway?

Does anyone have a family tree or something of the Millard family? I am just curious.

I don't think we can post information about family members not connected to the case. Some googling on your own might get you what you are wondering about.

I do believe his mother is expected to be a witness so that likely would not have been her you were speaking with. I assume the woman did not speak to you about her association, if any, with DM?

No... I played dumb. I didn't mention that I noticed where she was sitting or that DM waved at her. We made small talk and talked a bit about the weather, ourselves and whatnot, but any time I asked a question that would identify her as being associated with the accused, she would divert (e.g. I asked her if she was also a curious spectator and she kinda changed the subject). She was very kind, articulate, presented well. I suspect she is an aunt or family friend of DM. But if MB is expected to testify that means it couldn't have been her?

Can someone tell me this? Say both defense and crown want a witness to testify for them. Say they both want a witness to be "their" witness. Who gets that witness ? Is there a pecking order or something? I am aware that the other side can cross examine, but I'm asking about the actual amassment of their side's witnesses.

No... I played dumb. I didn't mention that I noticed where she was sitting or that DM waved at her. We made small talk and talked a bit about the weather, ourselves and whatnot, but any time I asked a question that would identify her as being associated with the accused, she would divert (e.g. I asked her if she was also a curious spectator and she kinda changed the subject). She was very kind, articulate, presented well. I suspect she is an aunt or family friend of DM. But if MB is expected to testify that means it couldn't have been her?

If MB was there, the press would be all over it. So no, it definitely was not her IMO.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member