Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17 2016 3:01 PM
Millard and Smich both looking at the bones on their monitors.

Feb 17 2016 3:02 PM
Mood in the courtroom is decidedly tense with these photos up on the screens.

Feb 17 2016 3:02 PM
Dr. Rogers said she needed to physically see the bones in person.

Feb 17 2016 3:03 PM
The preliminary opinion is that the bones were human.

Now that MS is clean of his drug habit and has had a few years to reflect on his life, he may be sitting there thinking that at some point in his relationship with DM he may have found himself on the wrong side of that incinerator. MOO

Can't say that for sure, MS is in general population and there are a lot of drugs in the jails. He's still had plenty of time to reflect.

Feb 17 2016 2:07 PM
East of the barn on the property there's a gate that gives access to the farm, Adams says. The officers followed Main on his dirtbike.

Feb 17 2016 2:09 PM
Main led the officers to the wooden area where the Eliminator was. It was on a trail, west of a barn. "We weren't quite sure what the Eliminator was, at first," he said. There was a label on it that said it was an animal incinerator. "We believed it was possible that a person could be contained inside it."

Feb 17 2016 2:09 PM
The officers opened it up to see if Bosma was inside.

What a horrible day to be a police officer. Just wanted to say kudos to LE, not just on this case but in all circumstances.
The crap they see is unreal. Not a job I'd ever want to do but happy there are those dedicated to doing it.

Even though you know it's coming, it's still so hard to hear.

I have to admit that I am glad I did not attend court today. The family has been standing up so well, so strong and brave, I think I would have fallen apart if I had seen them getting emotional today. Contagious, like a yawn.

All posts with a date and time stamp (by me) will be from Adam Carter's live blog. Just didn't want to have to type Adam Carter every time :p

Feb 17 2016 3:28 PM
Court now back in session. Jury being recalled.

Feb 17 2016 3:28 PM
Sorry, scratch that. Not back in just yet.

Feb 17 2016 3:30 PM
Jury now being recalled.

(Thank you, Velma. I have arthritis and 'dry eye' and neither one of them are happy with me right now.)

His dad had only recently (before his death) announced plans to remarry. That would have seriously impacted DM's financial prospects. WM's demise, post-matrimony, would result in some considerable portion of his estate going to his new spouse, in all probability. There could certainly be a motive to dispatch him to the hereafter before he could change his will.

Of course, some late-in-life second marriages (as well as earlier ones!) are done with prenuptial contracts leaving existing heirs and bequests intact and with neither partner claiming any part of the estate of the other. But I doubt DM would have had any knowledge of whether this would have been the case or even whether he would have sought to find out.

I agree, of all of them WM actually gave somewhat of a motive to Dellon. But still, as a father he seems like he was a pretty solid guy who had always had his sons interests at heart. Dillon wanted something and he killed him. But I see no conceivable reason why he would have killed either Babcock or Bosma?

Feb 17 2016 3:33 PM
On the 13th of May, Huys and Dr. Rogers were back at the farm.

Feb 17 2016 3:36 PM
A small black flashlight was also found on the trailer next to the incinerator.

I agree, of all of them WM actually gave somewhat of a motive to Dellon. But still, as a father he seems like he was a pretty solid guy who had always had his sons interests at heart. Dillon wanted something and he killed him. But I see no conceivable reason why he would have killed either Babcock or Bosma?

Simply because he wanted to? Maybe that's all the motive he needed?

For a CN to be out there in the dark in the bush helping her boyfriend park this thing..you've got to be some kind of something..this is just creepy beyond creepy. speaking of the ELIMINATOR

Feb 17 2016 3:37 PM
Fraser now asking about where the officers went that first day after they found the Eliminator.

They next went to the burn site in the cornfield about 200 metres away.

Feb 17 2016 3:39 PM
"When we first approached the areas I could smell some sort of accelerant," Huys says. There was also pieces of wire and broken glass on the ground. "The larger one looked like it had been cleaned - like things were removed or pulled away."

Feb 17 2016 3:40 PM
Court now seeing closeups of the burn sites.

Three seatbelt buckles were also recovered from the burn sites.

Fraser now asking about where the officers went that first day after they found the Eliminator.

They next went to the burn site in the cornfield about 200 metres away.

Feb 17 2016 3:39 PM
"When we first approached the areas I could smell some sort of accelerant," Huys says. There was also pieces of wire and broken glass on the ground. "The larger one looked like it had been cleaned - like things were removed or pulled away."

Court now seeing closeups of the burn sites.

Three seatbelt buckles were also recovered from the burn sites.

And... that answers that question.

Simply because he wanted to? Maybe that's all the motive he needed?

Scary to think people like that live among us. Millard went to public school around the corner from my parents house, in the same school I attended. He was arrested on Cawthra road, an area I grew up in. His Etobicoke home backed on to a golf course and was literally across the fairway from my sister in law's childhood home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee