Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
Called back to advise detectives of their findings. When Adams left that night, an officer stayed behind to guard the eliminator #Bosma

BBM "I'll take Creepy Jobs for 1000, Alex!"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
Waited for forensic officers then went onto grounds at 3:15 pm. Saw a guy riding his motorcycle on property.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 24s24 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Peckford arrived at farm in Ayr, Ontario at 3;15pm. Could see a guy riding his dirt bike (Chaz Main) who we heard from earlier #Bosma

Feb 17 2016 2:20 PM
Peckford says they could see Main riding his dirtbike in the distance.

Feb 17 2016 2:21 PM
He was one of the people who went to the site where the incinerator was.

(I think refers to Peckford not Main.)

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 43s43 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Peckford says Main told officers about some 'strange observations' he had made at the property #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
Later learned Chaz told Det. Adams about the Eliminator. So they went to see it.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 7s7 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Peckford describes the 'smoker' found in the woods by Chaz Main #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 7s7 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Peckford says the eliminator was located 2/3 of the way up a small wooded area. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Peckford says Main pointed out The Eliminator as a smoker.
Adam Carter

Feb 17 2016 2:23 PM
"Initially when I saw it, it looked like a large barbecue to me," Peckford says. He had never seen an incinerator of that size.

(This prompted me to look up a pic of a real commercial smoker. I guess I can kind of see how he's getting there: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/161829903017-0-1/s-l1000.jpg)

Feb 17 2016 2:10 PM
Main wasn't next to the officers when this was taking place

Feb 17 2016 2:11 PM
Police then asked Main to take them to where the excavator was. On the way, they saw the two burn patches, a few hundred metres away from where the Eliminator was.

Edit: Carter just linked the same photo as just upthread, so jury must be seeing the Eliminator now.

Sounds like they used the seat assembly to port the body into the incinerator and then burned the seats nearby. Sorry if this has already been stated

- this is only my opinion

MOO

I'm out. Thanks for doing Adam Carter's live blog, ArianeEmory. He's had the best coverage of them all lately.

Feb 17 2016 2:24 PM
One officer, a Sgt. Hughes, opened up the hatch and looked into the incinerator itself. We're going to hear from her shortly.

Feb 17 2016 2:25 PM
Then the officers went from there to the area with two scorched marks. "I could smell an odour of an accelerant - it smelled like gasoline," Peckford says.

Feb 17 2016 2:26 PM
He said the area around the burn marks looked like it had been "recently cleaned up," or the soil had been turned over.

Feb 17 2016 2:27 PM
Then the police went to the area with the excavator and the skid steer.

(This is beginning to feel quite circular.)

The investigators called Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh about what they were seeing.

Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross-examining.

Feb 17 2016 2:28 PM
Pillay just asks if the lane looked like it had been used by a farmer. Peckford says "Yes, at one time, absolutely," he says.

Feb 17 2016 2:29 PM
Dungey doesn't cross examine. Peckford is now done.

Feb 17 2016 2:31 PM
Huys is with the forensic service branch of Hamilton police.

Feb 17 2016 2:28 PM
Pillay just asks if the lane looked like it had been used by a farmer. Peckford says "Yes, at one time, absolutely," he says.

It must have been the old farmer who left them smell of gasoline and fresh burn marks.

I think this guy just asks questions for the sake of hearing himself speak

Things have gone quiet for the moment, someone may want to check other journos.

It must have been the old farmer who left them smell of gasoline and fresh burn marks.

I think this guy just asks questions for the sake of hearing himself speak

Lots of people own farm land and rent it out to crop farmers, maybe that's where he's going? Not DM that did it, the farmer who rents the land?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 17 2016 2:34 PM
Huys was one of the forensics officers who was on the Ayr farm in May of 2013.

Feb 17 2016 2:35 PM
Huys now describing a map she drew of the area in her notebook.

I just have this strange feeling that some sort of drug lab is going to be discovered...all those barrels of hazardous materials..it's possible he was using the incinerator to burn the waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876