Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 17 2016 2:06 PM
We're now back in session. Officer Adams still in the witness box.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back. Sgt. Adams on stand.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15s15 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Back. Sgt. Burns describing how Main led officers to the Eliminator #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
As soon as Chaz Main told him about The Eliminator, Adams and other officers drove through field to get to it.

I agree that a fire in the country is a normal occurrence.. but not a a property where nobody lives, and which only has outbuildings, and nobody is normally around. ie if I was their neighbour, and I saw flames on the property in the middle of the night (or even the day), I think I would call the FD. If I smelled that acrid smell that it undoubtedly would have given off, I would have investigated, saw flames, and also called the FD.. because i would know that nobody 'lives' there. Are we sure the incinerator wouldn't fit the welded seats.. the officers reported upon seeing the incinerator, that they were struck by its size and that it was large enough to fit an adult human?

I agree with your logic 100%. So that would lead us to believe that no one saw it or smelled it? Very plausible if you think about the remoteness of the location. I don't think these burn marks were near the barn? MOO

I agree that a fire in the country is a normal occurrence.. but not a a property where nobody lives, and which only has outbuildings, and nobody is normally around. ie if I was their neighbour, and I saw flames on the property in the middle of the night (or even the day), I think I would call the FD. If I smelled that acrid smell that it undoubtedly would have given off, I would have investigated, saw flames, and also called the FD.. because i would know that nobody 'lives' there. Are we sure the incinerator wouldn't fit the welded seats.. the officers reported upon seeing the incinerator, that they were struck by its size and that it was large enough to fit an adult human?
It's hard to say how often DM frequented the farm. Perhaps he was constantly burning things from the hangar there and neighbours didn't think anything of it. IMHO, spending more than half my life on a farm, if a neighbour was burning something we would never think it was something nefarious- unless people in town started to go missing. MOO

I'm still a little stumped by the seats. I don't have the pictures in front of me but the metal frames looked warped. You can't get that kind of heat in a backyard bonfire, can you?

Personally don't want to get attacked by the harm I may have caused to the environment by what I am about to reveal but....prior to myself and hubby moving, we had an old couch and loveseat that we didn't want...living in the country (on a main hwy), we took outback to our "burn location". It didn't take long for there to be nothing left of the furniture (yes, flames we shooting 20' in the air...I presume from the foam cushions). No one driving down the busy hwy called the FD. Also, recall the springs from the furniture not "coiled" as they should have been. Again, heat will do that to metal.
So, burning of the seats in an open field, IMO, could cause metal to warp.

Feb 17 2016 2:07 PM
East of the barn on the property there's a gate that gives access to the farm, Adams says. The officers followed Main on his dirtbike.

Feb 17 2016 2:09 PM
Main led the officers to the wooden area where the Eliminator was. It was on a trail, west of a barn. "We weren't quite sure what the Eliminator was, at first," he said. There was a label on it that said it was an animal incinerator. "We believed it was possible that a person could be contained inside it."

Feb 17 2016 2:09 PM
The officers opened it up to see if Bosma was inside.

The seats meet flammability standards and are quite flame resistant. They probably would need a propellent to make them burn.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.302
https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/roadsafety/302_TSD_rev_0R.pdf

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 26s27 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
"Having never seen anything like this before, we weren't sure it was safe," Sgt Burns tells court.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 44s45 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Here is a photo of the Eliminator - this is taken from @CBCToronto archives from May 2013.

CbcFa0EUkAA-hum.jpg

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Burns tells court his colleague Officer Hughes opened up The Eliminator, to see if Bosma was inside #Bosma

Feb 17 2016 2:10 PM
Main wasn't next to the officers when this was taking place

Feb 17 2016 2:11 PM
Police then asked Main to take them to where the excavator was. On the way, they saw the two burn patches, a few hundred metres away from where the Eliminator was.

Edit: Carter just linked the same photo as just upthread, so jury must be seeing the Eliminator now.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"We thought it was possible a person could be contained inside it," says Adams. Looked inside to see if Tim #Bosma was inside.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
There was some marking on the machine indicating that the eliminator was for animal creation. @CHCHNews #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
It was big enough they thought it was possible a person might fit inside. So they opened it to determine if Tim #Bosma was inside.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Burns says on the way to see the excavator in the woods, officers saw the burn site areas in the field #Bosma

Feb 17 2016 2:13 PM
There was also a "skid steer" out by the excavator - which is more commonly known as a Bobcat.

(I guess the ongoing emphasis on the additional construction equipment means they think there's relevance there.)

Feb 17 2016 2:14 PM
No questions from Pillay or Dungey in cross examination. Adams is done.

(Hmm, weird cliffhanger.)

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Adams and 2 other officers accompanied Chaz Main to excavator located in a swampy area east of the eliminator. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s23 seconds ago
He contacts Staff Sgt. Matt Kavanagh of @HamiltonPolice, who was homicide detective overseeing investigation into #Bosma disappearance.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
Called back to advise detectives of their findings. When Adams left that night, an officer stayed behind to guard the eliminator #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 17s17 seconds ago
No questions from Pillay or Dungey in cross examination. Adams is done. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s9 seconds ago
No cross exams. Next up Sgt. Phil Peckford of @HamiltonPolice.

Feb 17 2016 2:16 PM
Sgt. Philip Peckford is now testifying.

Feb 17 2016 2:16 PM
In 2013, he was in Hamilton police's vice and drugs unit.

I have to leave in 10 minutes, if someone could please take over posting tweets (except for Adam Carter's).

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
In May 2013 he was in vice and drugs. Still is.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15s15 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt Peckford is with @@HamiltonPolice and was asked to assist with the search warrant executed at farm property May 11, 2013

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
Back in May 2013, he was seconded to the Tim #Bosma investigation. On May 11 he was sent to Ayr farm for execution of search warrants.

Feb 17 2016 2:18 PM
On May 11, he was helping with the Tim Bosma investigation on the Ayr farm.

Feb 17 2016 2:18 PM
Peckford got to the farm around 12:50 p.m. on the 11th.

Just reposting that redheart needs someone to pick up tweets soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!