Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God he has notes!!!!!! ;)

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 10m10 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt. Adams recorded an 11 minute audio interview with eyewitness Chaz Main #Bosma

I hope the audio recording will suffice...it's not video, though!

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 10m10 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sgt. Adams recorded an 11 minute audio interview with eyewitness Chaz Main #Bosma

I hope the audio recording will suffice...it's not video, though!

"Your voice sounds different...how can we be sure that is you on the tape Mr. Main?"

By the way...they referred to him (Chaz Main) as a younger witness but did they ever say how old he was?

"Your voice sounds different...how can we be sure that is you on the tape Mr. Main?"

By the way...they referred to him (Chaz Main) as a younger witness but did they ever say how old he was?

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont
Main, 28, is in concrete business. He lives in Toronto, but friend Adam lives in Ayr on property adjacent to 2548 Rosevale Rd. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont
Main, 28, is in concrete business. He lives in Toronto, but friend Adam lives in Ayr on property adjacent to 2548 Rosevale Rd. #Bosma

Thank you for that. I've been forced to actually focus on some work today so am not following as closely as I really want to be!!!

I am here following almost everyday. I haven't followed since the Tori Stafford case. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting the tweets and what not. You guys rock. Just wanted to give a shout out, remember a lot of your names from back then. Cheers.

Pillay insinuates that the incinerator was just sitting right out there- visible to anyone, keeping in line with the "nothing to hide" defence and Dungey insinuates that it's safe to say that it wasn't quite that visible. IMHO, Pillay really has his work cut out for him. Wonder how many times one of his clients has treated the evidence of their crime as a "show and tell" display? Could open the flood gates for other lawyers defending their clients "Would my client be walking around with a knife that he killed someone with- he didn't even try to conceal it!!???" "Would my client have the bag of heroine on his desk if he was dealing in it?" "Would my client just have stolen merchandise laying around? IMHO, Pillay could be pioneering a whole new type of defence with DM. Lets see how it works out for him. MOO

engine swap. so from bosma's to dm's dodge, potentially?

The fellow spoke of an excavator (with a blown engine?) and a steer skid (bobcat).. I was assuming he meant that the excavator was going to get an engine swapped out of the bobcat. MOO

No idea what made him even think there was an engine swap going to happen... other than he knew from before that the excavator had a blown engine.

Pillay insinuates that the incinerator was just sitting right out there- visible to anyone, keeping in line with the "nothing to hide" defence and Dungey insinuates that it's safe to say that it wasn't quite that visible. IMHO, Pillay really has his work cut out for him. Wonder how many times one of his clients has treated the evidence of their crime as a "show and tell" display? Could open the flood gates for other lawyers defending their clients "Would my client be walking around with a knife that he killed someone with- he didn't even try to conceal it!!???" "Would my client have the bag of heroine on his desk if he was dealing in it?" "Would my client just have stolen merchandise laying around? IMHO, Pillay could be pioneering a whole new type of defence with DM. Lets see how it works out for him. MOO

This is a bit off-topic, but if you search Ravin Pillay on CanLII.org you can read about various court proceedings he's been involved with. It seems like he does a lot of appeals related to criminal cases. Most of the ones I looked at got dismissed. He also successfully defended a guy who got charged with smuggling 45 kgs of cocaine into Canada based on a reasonable doubt argument.

And the... 'everyone and anyone in the world had access to the incinerator and the property, not just the rightful owner'

Exactly! :rolleyes: Sure...if you were 400 yards onto someone's private property and you turned around...you could EASILY see the incinerator tucked into the trees. You know..the casual person walking along a country road who happens to veer into a field in error.

And the whole "so no one told you to stay off the property" thing is ridiculous. "My client clearly wasn't hiding anything or he would have asked these guys to stay off his property." How often was DM at the farm? And how often was this guy visiting from Toronto to ride dirt bikes? The odds of them ever crossing paths would be worse than winning the lottery. I would bet that if DM was there and the bike came near, he would have had a word. MOO

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15s15 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Dellen Millard sits with his head resting in his right hand, occasionally sips water. He's sitting about 10 feet in front of Sharlene Bosma

Guess there's a good reason why everyone goes through a metal detector on their way into the courthouse. That might be just a little toooo tempting, to be sitting sooooo close to the person allegedly responsible for such gruesome acts.

I think that is a safe bet. If we think about it more, they wouldn't have burned the seats in the incinerator....too big to fit and we can see from the photo of the burnt seat frames that they didn't take them apart. And by design, that incinerator would not leave burn marks in the ground. MOO

Isn't it likely that if these burn marks were 'fresh', that detail would be obvious, and wouldn't there still be an odor of recent fire? If the accuseds were out there in the middle of the night burning truck seats with a big bonfire, man are they ever lucky to have not been noticed. Isn't it possible that the burn marks were there from almost a year prior? Or would they have been covered up with new growth?

Isn't it likely that if these burn marks were 'fresh', that detail would be obvious, and wouldn't there still be an odor of recent fire? If the accuseds were out there in the middle of the night burning truck seats with a big bonfire, man are they ever lucky to have not been noticed. Isn't it possible that the burn marks were there from almost a year prior? Or would they have been covered up with new growth?

A fire in the country at any time doesn't really raise suspicion BUT if they were burning car seats....what an acrid smell that would give off.

I have a feeling we are going to hear more about those burn marks. MOO

I'm still a little stumped by the seats. I don't have the pictures in front of me but the metal frames looked warped. You can't get that kind of heat in a backyard bonfire, can you?

Exactly! :rolleyes: Sure...if you were 400 yards onto someone's private property and you turned around...you could EASILY see the incinerator tucked into the trees. You know..the casual person walking along a country road who happens to veer into a field in error.

And the whole "so no one told you to stay off the property" thing is ridiculous. "My client clearly wasn't hiding anything or he would have asked these guys to stay off his property." How often was DM at the farm? And how often was this guy visiting from Toronto to ride dirt bikes? The odds of them ever crossing paths would be worse than winning the lottery. I would bet that if DM was there and the bike came near, he would have had a word. MOO

I was getting from that, that he was more meaning, .... 'no one told you to stay off the property, therefore no one would have told *anyone* who may have ventured there, to stay off.. and so therefore, joeblow and his friend mo could *easily* have landed there without causing any alarm bells to go off, and *they* could have put poor TB into the incinerator.' I'm thinking that RP believes that is enough to cause 'reasonable doubt' that the culprit didn't *have* to be his client. Ain't workin.. but.. give him a hand for effort? Or not?

The new growth would cover it up very quickly. It's a spring tradition here, where I live, for First Nations people to burn their lawns when the snow melts at the end of April. By the middle of May, when we have to cut our lawns, there's no evidence left of the grass fires. You may be able to see marks if you crawled on your hands and knees, (never tried that) but you absolutely don't see scorched lawns by just walking by.

I was getting from that, that he was more meaning, .... 'no one told you to stay off the property, therefore no one would have told *anyone* who may have ventured there, to stay off.. and so therefore, joeblow and his friend mo could *easily* have landed there without causing any alarm bells to go off, and *they* could have put poor TB into the incinerator.' I'm thinking that RP believes that is enough to cause 'reasonable doubt' that the culprit didn't *have* to be his client. Ain't workin.. but.. give him a hand for effort? Or not?

That does seem like a very desperate play....so they will probably try that too. LOL

A fire in the country at any time doesn't really raise suspicion BUT if they were burning car seats....what an acrid smell that would give off.

I have a feeling we are going to hear more about those burn marks. MOO

I agree that a fire in the country is a normal occurrence.. but not a a property where nobody lives, and which only has outbuildings, and nobody is normally around. ie if I was their neighbour, and I saw flames on the property in the middle of the night (or even the day), I think I would call the FD. If I smelled that acrid smell that it undoubtedly would have given off, I would have investigated, saw flames, and also called the FD.. because i would know that nobody 'lives' there. Are we sure the incinerator wouldn't fit the welded seats.. the officers reported upon seeing the incinerator, that they were struck by its size and that it was large enough to fit an adult human?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966