Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators also searched an area in the back of the home, outside, near a ravine. "I was instructed to look for a firearm," Rizzo says. None was found.
by Adam Carter 2:58 PM

No cross from either Pillay or Dungey. Rizzo is excused.
by Adam Carter 2:59 PM

Just five minute break now so the Crown can set up a presentation.
by Adam Carter 2:59 PM

Adam Carter CBC
Mar 1 2016
1:54 PM

Rizzo says he didn't scroll up or down in the text conversation
Laptops were also seized, Rizzo says
Investigators also searched an area in the back of the home, outside, near a ravine. "I was instructed to look for a firearm," Rizzo says. None was found.
No cross from either Pillay or Dungey. Rizzo is excused
Just five minute break now so the Crown can set up a presentation

Rizzo says he pressed the power button on the iPad, and the lock screen popped up. He slid that open and it went directly to an iMessage screen, he says. One of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. He jotted down some of what was said in his notes. They read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and the second was "Why can't I call you?" he says.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Some Zig Zag rolling papers can also be seen on the dresser next to Mark Smich's health card.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Rizzo says he didn't scroll up or down in the text conversation.
by Adam Carter 2:54 PM

Laptops were also seized, Rizzo says.
by Adam Carter 2:56 PM

Is anyone else's brain thinking "the iPad LB's bf lent her"?!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s59 seconds ago
Retired detective Jim Faulkner will be next witness, but Crown needs a few minutes to set up PowerPoint presentation. Jury excused.

From those Google Drive exhibit photos of TB's truck, did anyone else notice the heat was cranked to the max, as were the blowers? I doubt LE would have done that.
Thoughts?
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...IBJnVyBKUSJ7ek/edit?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p15

A few thoughts...
---Cleaning blood from that area and moved the settings. I've done this when cleaning my truck.
---They could have tried to dry the blood in the vents.
---They could have tried to dry the truck after their crappy detailing job! We know things go mildewy if left wet.
--Or as others mentioned, maybe it was a chilly drive. Even on a mild day, it gets cold through the night and when you're covered in blood.... I assume it was a colder drive for them.
A few days ago a tree fell on my Jeep and smashed out the rear pass side window. I cranked the heat and blower to stay warm (had to turn heat down cuz I got too hot) This was also minus 5 and 90km/hr winds.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 52s53 seconds ago
Rizzo said he found an iPad that opened up to a chat in progress. He also found a red apple laptop and a black IBM laptop in the room.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 46s46 seconds ago
After that he joined 10 to 15 officers for a systematic search in the ravine behind the house in search of a firearm.

Hammyahol ‏@hammyahol
@susanclairmont do we know what Smich did for a living?

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Hammyahol
The jury has not heard anything about that.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
No cross from Pillay or Dungey. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Next witness is Jim Fallconer

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Jim Falconer is next #Bosma witness. A #HamOnt officer whose expertise is computer forensics and data recovery

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Jim Falconer (correct spelling now) sworn in. Crown Brett Moodie seeking to have him qualified as expert computer forensics, data recovery.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Correction; Falconer retired from #OPP

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Retired from @OPP_News. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
His CV is 55 pages long.

so I wonder if they already had a tip that Smich hid the firearm? I thought MM had told police after they were arrested that Smich hid it in the forest..but they were just arrested that day were they not? Were they tipped off by the person who was holding toolbox?

Now back in court. The next witness is Jim Falconer.
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

He's a retired OPP officer who worked in computer forensics in their electronic crime unit.
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

Assistant Crown Brett Moodie is going through Falconer's CV to have him qualified as an expert.
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

He was an expert witness in the Tori Stafford case.
by Adam Carter 3:16 PM

The court qualifies Falconer is qualified as an expert in computer forensics and data recovery.
by Adam Carter 3:17 PM

so I wonder if they already had a tip that Smich hid the firearm? I thought MM had told police after they were arrested that Smich hid it in the forest..but they were just arrested that day were they not? Were they tipped off by the person who was holding toolbox?

We may find out that MM had already been questioned by and was talking to LE prior to the arrest?

MOO

MS's girlfriend, MM was present when he was arrested and may have immediately cooperated with the police to alert them about where MS said the gun was hidden? That may explain why they descended on MS's home so swiftly.

All MOO.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes
Next up: Jim Falconer, retired OPP Sgt. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s51 seconds ago
He was involved in Tori Stafford murder case and Col. Russell Williams murder and rape case.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s42 seconds ago
Falconer was with the OPP's technical crime unit. He is qualified as an expert witness in computer forensics. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
The second, the canvas diesel bag (which they were discussing today re: bloodstain) was seized from washing machine at Millard's home #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 38s38 seconds ago
Forensic biologist has finished testimony. Next #Bosma witness: George Higgins, retired #HamOnt officer

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s41 seconds ago
Now up: George Higgins from @HamiltonPolice. Retired detective constable. Was in intelligence unit. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s21 seconds ago
Next up is (now retired) Det Const George Higgins, formerly of @HamiltonPolice intelligence unit. #Bosma

Seems like a lot of Police Officers are retiring!!

He was the lead of the major investigations unit within electronic crimes for 8 years.
by Adam Carter 3:19 PM

In mid May, Hamilton police asked for assistance with the Bosma investigation.
by Adam Carter 3:19 PM

Falconer says he helped the team prepare search warrants for the property that was eventually seized.
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

MS's girlfriend, MM was present when he was arrested and may have immediately cooperated with the police to alert them about where MS said the gun was hidden? That may explain why they descended on MS's home so swiftly.

All MOO.

If they were arresting Smich, they had the warrant already.

We may find out that MM had already been questioned by and was talking to LE prior to the arrest?

MOO

Yes, that's a possibility and maybe MM tipped off LE where MS would be the day of his arrest, IMO.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member