Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use gloves when I am cooking and don't like to touch raw meat. I noticed this afternoon that we have been misspelling Nitryl. A box of 50 cost less than $10.

<bbm>

Or have we? ;)

0013306.jpeg

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 27s28 seconds ago
Final step in forensic process is to write a report in the findings.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Distilling data down to relevant findings. And doing a more fulsome exam of those findings. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Data reviewers can bookmark findings for him to look at.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Less than 1 per cent of data retrieved from devices was relevant enough to make it into final report. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Some of the seized devices hadn't been used in a long time.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He says less than 1% of the original data (on the devices seized) made it into his final report. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
They also wanted to establish who was actually using each computer or device at the time. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Looks at patterns of user behaviour so someone can try to determine who was primary user of device.

I wonder if we were bookmarked, if he followed the case here at Websleuth.

I don't remember that the surveillance video said the vehicle was northbound on Trinity north of Book Road. Bullman was on the corner (well, one house east of the corner) of Book and Trinity; he would have mentioned if the vehicle turned onto Trinity Road. Instead he said it went west on Book Rd.

I'm familiar with the area, drive by it regularly, but can't think of any obvious "businesses" at that corner, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Some neighbours have them (surveillance cameras) on their farm properties. There are several businesses farther north, as you approach Wilson Street. The Ancaster Fairgrounds are on one side, several other commercial places on the other.

So there is a discrepancy here. Either the surveillance video actually captures the two vehicles northbound on Trinity south of Book Road (but north of Butter Road, the next cross street), or Bullman was in error when he said he saw them heading west on Book Road towards Brantford. The latter seems improbable to me, because he was right near the corner and could certainly have seen whether they turned or not. Also, if you're up to something, best to keep to the darker, less well-lit roads. Book Road is like the dark side of the moon at night.

Or, perhaps they went west on Book and realized they were lost (but surely they have GPS?), turned around and came back, then north on Trinity to Wilson Street which would also take them west to Brantford, but the chances of someone seeing something untoward in their vehicle on the brightly lit road would be a deterrent, I think.

I missed that testimony about the surveillance video; the time stamp on it might suggest whether they went west on Book, changed their minds and came back. That doesn't sound logical to me, but we're not dealing with Professor Moriarty here.

Supersucker Hydro Vac surveillance video. Across the street (Trinity) from the fairgrounds. I'm pretty sure the cop testified the video showed 2 vehicles, the one in front being a dark pickup truck, heading northbound on Trinity around 9:20pm.

Edit to add the tweets:

https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/702512816071303168

https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/702512866847563776

How old was MS in those pictures? Because when you're staring down thirty, the hood-rat look isn't a good one.

PigPen at MS's... http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...ouse.html/screenshot-2016-03-01-at-5-09-33-pm

View attachment 89981

The orange thing in front of the can of Axe looks like a buster, a device with teeth inside to bust up marahoochie buds into something you can smoke. Fisherman's Friend for that annoying cough, Advil, lots of batteries, a bottle of Polo, South Park "Kenny" and "Cartman" dolls, jar of cash including $5, $20, $50, half-eaten Lindt chocolate bunny, watches, cheap lighter, and one bill of Canadian Tire money?

"Mom, why are you on amazon shopping for a weed grinder?!" - my 17 yr old. :scared: lol In any event, my 15 yr old and 17 yr old were both examining that pic and they both agreed - that grinder looks just like this one http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00B79TRK2/ref=twister_B016J8QJQA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

bbm

at Kemira, a chemical company in Brantford, Ont.,

Ah, thank you. Looking at the map, it's approximately 30 km west of Book & Trinity, and more or less on their way to the Roseville Road farm. The most direct route would be the 403 but it's also heavily trafficked; they could have opted for Wilson St, which turns into Colborne Street, but that takes them through the middle of Brantford, with lots of stop lights and well-lit intersections.

So who knows. There are a number of options for back roads with not much going on which would offer more cover, so to speak. I think it's likely they ditched the phone that night however, I don't think either of them would have driven back that way the following day or two. They were far too busy.

Respectfully, I know what you said and meant. I was asking you if you had any suggestions regarding the two Apple computers which were also found. HTH and MOO.

I asked:
So who do you suggest the two Apple laptops belong to? Any guess on them? MOO.

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 52s53 seconds ago

Rizzo said he found an iPad that opened up to a chat in progress. He also found a red apple laptop and a black IBM laptop in the room.

A red laptop of any type would stand out for sure. JMO

Supersucker Hydro Vac surveillance video. Across the street (Trinity) from the fairgrounds. I'm pretty sure the cop testified the video showed 2 vehicles, the one in front being a dark pickup truck, heading northbound on Trinity around 9:20pm.

Right you are. I missed that. It's certainly around the right time, but there's not a definite ID of the vehicles. Could they have possibly pretended to test drive, gone up Trinity to Wilson (sussing out the situation), come back down another way, turning into the hayfield (at which time the jig was up)?

That makes sense to me from one standpoint, if in fact DM wanted the truck, he would drive it at least a short distance to get a feel for it. Then move on his next planned step. They were at Bosma's shortly after 9, spent a few minutes there at least, then drove off.

I doubt they had time for the hayfield caper and arriving at the corner of Wlson and Trinity before 9:20. So, if we posit that the two vehicles were the ones in question, I'm thinking they did go for a short test drive before decamping to the murder scene.

Edited to add: this way there's no contradiction between Bullman's evidence and the security video. They can both be correct.

Ah, thank you. Looking at the map, it's approximately 30 km west of Book & Trinity, and more or less on their way to the Roseville Road farm. The most direct route would be the 403 but it's also heavily trafficked; they could have opted for Wilson St, which turns into Colborne Street, but that takes them through the middle of Brantford, with lots of stop lights and well-lit intersections.

So who knows. There are a number of options for back roads with not much going on which would offer more cover, so to speak. I think it's likely they ditched the phone that night however, I don't think either of them would have driven back that way the following day or two. They were far too busy.

They were also seen on video in downtown Brantford.

Edit: Police say they were possibly seen in downtown Brantford, and were asking for video from businesses. http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/11/tim_bosma_arrest_made_hamilton_police_say.html

A few random thoughts from today...

Surveillance pics of MS...... what is he, 13? Good grief, what a tool.

DM with a wad of cash in the envelope. What did he need 3 grand for that day? The $350 in his front pocket is also curious since it was separate from the cash in the envelope.

The iPad in MS night stand drawer - yes - I immediately thought "hmm, is that LB's friend's?" I know lots of people have iPads, but that's where my brain went too. Honestly, I hope it is. And I hope there was digital evidence on it that led to MS also being charged in her case (but we probably won't know that until that case goes to trial). I don't think they'd get rid of the iPad, because they're both idiots who thought they were too slick to get caught. Woops.

The digital forensics expert - I think it's GOOD that he takes the time to explain how he does what he does so that the jury has a fuller picture of how/why certain data was included in his report. Explaining it helps clear up any misconceptions people might have about how this kind of work is done. For example, I had no idea hard drives were copied and the original drive was never touched for the reasons explained (over-writing data or changing time stamps, etc.).

Regarding all the devices collected. I wondered how common it might be for the "average" household to have so many devices both used and unused. While we have a 7 person household and while that's bigger than most, here's the breakdown in my house: 2 desktops, 6 tablets (2 not in use very often), 4 laptops, 2 external hard drives, 7 cell phones in use, 6 old cell phones not in use (and haven't been for a while), and at least 8-10 various flash drives of all sizes and multiple SD cards for a variety of uses (cameras, phones, etc.). So yeah, that really does sound like a lot when you start taking inventory.

"HAMILTON — Clark Kingswood, a private contractor cutting the lawn outside Kemira, a chemical company in Brantford, Ont., hopped off his mower to pick up a cellphone he spotted in the grass near the road and took it inside.
At Kemira, Elizabeth Rozwell took the Samsung phone, cleaned off dirt and bird droppings, and plugged it in to find out whose it was.
Text message notifications immediately started pouring in, messages that had apparently been piling up. She found the “Home” listing in the contacts and called it, court heard Wednesday.
The call was answered by Tim Bosma’s sister."

Tim Bosma's sister must have had her heart in her throat when that call came in. :(

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-bosmas-cellphone-key-moments-in-murder-probe

"HAMILTON — Clark Kingswood, a private contractor cutting the lawn outside Kemira, a chemical company in Brantford, Ont., hopped off his mower to pick up a cellphone he spotted in the grass near the road and took it inside.
At Kemira, Elizabeth Rozwell took the Samsung phone, cleaned off dirt and bird droppings, and plugged it in to find out whose it was.
Text message notifications immediately started pouring in, messages that had apparently been piling up. She found the “Home” listing in the contacts and called it, court heard Wednesday.
The call was answered by Tim Bosma’s sister."

Tim Bosma's sister must have had her heart in her throat when that call came in. :(

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-bosmas-cellphone-key-moments-in-murder-probe

Yeah, I remember my heart dropping when that was revealed.

Interesting 2 MacBooks- considering the syncing between MacBooks, iPhones and iPads often when you've got the info on one, you've got it on everything. MOO

Catching up, sorry if this has been mentioned, but did anyone other than Clairmont say it was two Apple computers? Colin here says it was one each Apple and IBM...

Colin Butler &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC 4h4 hours ago
Rizzo said he found an iPad that opened up to a chat in progress. He also found a red apple laptop and a black IBM laptop in the room.

ETA: Ironworker beat me to it but no one has responded yet. :)

I may be wrong but I think that he shoehorned in being an usher In a wedding party during this time as well. There used to be photos on Twitter of CN in August 2013 going out to clubs in downtown Toronto. Looked like she didn't have a care in the world (or a DVR hard drive in her closet...) the photos are gone now.

This is not common knowledge, it's personal knowledge, but yes, she was going out during that summer and telling everyone her boyfriend was on vacation and she was thinking of breaking up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SacramentoKing