Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court seeing the tailpipe, which is also covered with spatter stains. Stains could also come from a vehicle moving while there's blood dripping down under it. A cleanup followed by a drive could cause these patterns, Jones says.
by Adam Carter 4:16 PM

The only tire with blood stains on it was the rear passenger side tire, Jones says. Some stains were found in the centre tread of the tire.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
More spatter on shock and support. Consistent with hose or power washer hitting blood and spraying it upward.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Jones says there were "hundreds" of spatter spots underneath the #Bosma truck.

Where and by whom was the truck power washed? I don't think that was done at the hangar. Or was it?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Jury excused until Monday, 10 am. Jones will continue on the stand.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Arriving at 'exterior of truck' in the PowerPoint and we are leaving off here for today. Jury is dismissed for the weekend. #Bosma

Where and by whom was the truck power washed? I don't think that was done at the hangar. Or was it?

Was the truck driven anywhere after being at the hanger? Could it have been washed at the farm? A drive thru car wash?

Have they not presented evidence of what they found at the hangar? My guess there will be blood evidence on the floor and on things they touched there as well. I wonder why they have not talked about what they found there before presenting this blood evidence?

Blood could get on a tire either from power washer spray or driving with blood on the undercarriage of the truck, Jones says.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

Dozens of small blood stains on the rear wheel well.
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

More spatter stains found in the frame bracket.
by Adam Carter 4:20 PM

We're now breaking for the day. We're back Monday morning at 10 a.m. Watch for my recap story later today on http://cbc.ca/hamilton.
by Adam Carter 4:22 PM

It would have been sitting somewhere for a period of time for blood to pool on the ground on the passenger side, yes?

They haven't gotten to any barn forensics yet that I've missed, right? Like actually inside the barn. Because I agree about the hangar...Unless this is the reason for the "don't come to the hangar" text.

Hmm...MOO :)

I believe they will get to that - MOO The hangar was probably searched after his arrest, looking forward to hearing what they found there. Humm..

So it appears that the expert believes that there was a pool of blood outside the passenger door, on the ground, and a hose was taken to it. And possibly the truck was driven over the puddle. Which caused the spatter under the vehicle.

Well that's better than some of the alternative theories I suppose. :(

MOO

As I mentioned before, I didnt think Tim was run over and I believed the blood spatters came from the seat bolt holes. I wasn't off and it sounds like the truck was driven...seatless afterwards (after clean up) will see what else he has to say.

it might have been done outside the hangar? Not sure what the whole hangar looks like but I wonder if they have a wash bay area for airplanes?

It could have been done at the farm if they had a gas-powered pressure washer. I doubt that they'd be dumb enough to go to a commercial do-it-yourself car wash, as those usually have surveillance cameras...but it wouldn't surprise me with these two.

Perhaps it was done either outside or while the truck was inside on tarps? That may be where some of the blood spatter on the tarps came from?

MOO

Perhaps they hosed the truck at the hanger while the incinerator was on? Maybe this is why SS father in law didn't notice anything as well, there had to have been a lot of blood for all this spatter.

Just evil and sick, this makes me so angry to hear today. God give Tim's loved ones strength.

It would have been sitting somewhere for a period of time for blood to pool on the ground on the passenger side, yes?

They haven't gotten to any barn forensics yet that I've missed, right? Like actually inside the barn. Because I agree about the hangar...Unless this is the reason for the "don't come to the hangar" text.

Does anyone remember the photo of the mysterious piece of wood with what looked like blood stains on it being removed from the barn (from back in 2013 when LE and Forensics were searching the farm)?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
FYI, most days after the jury is dismissed, the rest of us are still in the courtroom for legal arguments. Today included. #Bosma

I'm surprised no hangar or barn evidence yet..they seem to be jumping around a bit. I would think if they moved Tim's body from the truck into the incinerator at the farm there would be blood somewhere..unless that 2nd burn area was to cover up blood?

LDo you have a case where they have put a pub ban on a single witness's testimony because she has a trial coming up?

No, I don't, but I don't see anything in the legislation that would preclude the possibility.

Beyond the legislation referred to above, courts also have authority under the common law to order publication bans. Such orders may be made where it is necessary to prevent a serious risk to the proper administration of justice and where reasonably alternative measures will not prevent the risk.

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/pub_ban.php

I don't see how CN's testimony in open court would jeopardize a fair trial in a judge-alone scenario, but I could see a ban being applied if a jury trial were in the offing, especially given the media attention to this case. In general the authorities prefer to avoid a change of venue.

Abro said:
The Toronto Star went to court years ago to get pub pans lifted on the prelims and bail hearings of judge alone trials, and didn't succeed.

Did they try to get a blanket removal, or was it directed only towards specific cases?

Because it's mentioned that it is not only the potential jury pool that is being protected, but also the integrity of potential future witness testimony which might be influenced by publication of evidence and testimony covered by the ban:

Section 517 publication bans may be ordered at bail hearings, and typically cover all evidence, information, what’s said in court by all the parties, and the reasons for release or detention given by the justice. A section 517 publication ban is a temporary ban which extends until the accused is discharged after the preliminary inquiry or the trial is completed, subject to any other court orders . The purpose of the ban is to preserve the rights of the defendant to a fair trial, and the presumption of innocence. Further, the ban prevents public dissemination of information or evidence so that jurors make their decisions based only on admissible evidence presented during the trial. It is also intended to maintain the integrity of the evidence of any potential witness who may be called to testify in the case.

Excellent observation. IMO they hosed off the truck in the hanger, which is why there are so many tarps involved. Further, they would have access to water and a power washer at the hangar. Perhaps not so at the barn. MOO

Does anyone remember the photo of the mysterious piece of wood with what looked like blood stains on it being removed from the barn (from back in 2013 when LE and Forensics were searching the farm)?

Here's that "stained board" they took out

BT0gxPdCEAELCP4.jpg

That's the one I was thinking of. Posted 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Probably happened when they were removing the seat and carpeting. Which was probably placed on a tarp if it was inside the hangar. There must have been a pool of blood on (or in) that seat and carpet so they probably removed it via the passenger side door and left a puddle on the drivers side of the truck (on the step rail) and the ground (or tarp) below, that needed to be washed up.

Must be some reason why there is also the same diluted blood spatter on parts of the tarp.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members