Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose AJ will be able to clarify where the Eliminator was stored.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just not certain we have all the facts.

As the previous poster said, we know it was delivered to the hangar. That was in July 2012.

We also know WM was actively involved in things at that time, and would DM seriously have wanted WM asking questions about the incinerator? And the cost? All this is highly problematic. So do we have any reason to think the Eliminator remained at the hangar until May of 2013?

I don't rule out the possibility. There could be a locked (large, to accommodate the trailer) storeroom in that hangar that could have concealed the ghastly thing. But, the risk of discovery would have been great. And then the need for explanations. DM had friends trooping through. And other employees, till after November 2012.

Still possible, but the more people who knew about it, the riskier the whole thing, and the needed web of lies, became.

So, at some point it went to the farm. As Kamille pointed out, it was definitely there after the crime, presumably on the morning of the 7th, and was put in the barn until it was moved to the trees.

Looking closely at the pictures of the barn, that doesn't appear to have been an adequate long-term storage space. It's large, but open to the elements, with many boards and pieces missing, hay everywhere, very dirty. Also, not secure so it could have been stolen from that barn if left there for any length of time.

Enterprising thieves cruise rural areas looking for stuff to steal. A neighbour lost a tractor left out in his back 40; my lawn tractor, which was in an unlocked shed in the rear acreage, was stolen in broad daylight: this on a busy road with nosy neighbours (bless' em). DM would hardly have left such an expensive device in an unprotected location for a long period of time.

So yeah, maybe it was at the farm for a time, but all winter 2012-13? The exposure to wet, mold, ice etc could have ruined it. They could have wrapped it in plastic sheeting but that wouldn't have solved the potential theft problem. Nor the potential for rodents to chew through wiring. Old barns are full of rats and other vermin.

Obviously SS did know something, and if he is called as a witness, may be able to testify to where it was. The reference to a storage area was a possible clue.

Or, would the whole thing, trailer and all, have fit inside any of the big trailers DM had at his disposal? That would have been a possibility.

Did one of DM's "friends" give it a temporary home (horrible thought -- for what?)

Does anyone else recall anything specific to where the incinerator was between summer 2012 and spring 2013?

We all have theories, but what actual facts do we have to go on besides the known facts about the delivery, SS's correspondence with the dealer, and the activities of May 6 and beyond?

I can't think of anything, but I could have missed it.

Understatement of the trial! IMO

Wow...I did not notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. I see it wasn't mentioned in court either. ;)

Who does that? Who could turn on their computer every day and see that after either a suicide or an alleged murder.

MOO

I have to agree that's creepy. I'm guessing DM needed the death certificate (assuming it is for his dad) on regular basis to access his dad's assets..etc. in the aftermath of WM death.

My theory has always been that this board was maybe where LBs corpse was stored prior to incineration. She may have been out at that farm on the board, wrapped in a tarp. LE may not have a body or even bones like TB but they may have DNA from this board. Could be a long shot but has been my theory for some time. RIP LB

Just playing devil's advocate here. Wouldn't the remains smell or attract animals in a location like that? And wouldn't that risk being discovered by the people who regularly went on the property? Hunters, dirt bikers, the farmer, etc.

DM had an excavator on the property. Could he have buried her remains temporarily, then cremated them at a later time? I'm making myself sick thinking about it, but the wooden board could also have been used in this scenario.

Just playing devil's advocate here. Wouldn't the remains smell or attract animals in a location like that? And wouldn't that risk being discovered by the people who regularly went on the property? Hunters, dirt bikers, the farmer, etc.

DM had an excavator on the property. Could he have buried her remains temporarily, then cremated them at a later time? I'm making myself sick thinking about it, but the wooden board could also have been used in this scenario.

There were some no trespassing signs tacked right to the barn and I would imagine that smaller building to the front was a locked space that probably no one could get entrance to. There were large holes in the actual large barn so that would not be a secure place to hide or store anything.

MOO

I am absolutely onboard with your last paragraph....that is exactly what I had worked out. So glad you have the mind to figure out and match all the pings...makes me crazy.

Paragraph...gees, I thought CN spent the entire evening with DM and they did a circuit together....ditch the toolbox ...then ditch the trailer (which I presumed was sitting at the hangar) and then go home ????

( Agree to leave commuter guy out...but because he was commuting, I trust that he was sure of time...that routine is like milking those damned cows every morning.)

Interesting exercise...thanks

Okay no. By 12:36am on the 8th, DM was on the 401 and on his way back home. He got there around 2am, probably had to drop MS off again. By 5:43am it looks like he was headed back to the hangar. He was at the hangar by 7:30am. Then he left the hangar around 6pm and headed back home, arriving there around 7pm. He was texting MS during this ride home so he obviously did not have him with him this time.

So that rules out Wednesday morning. It had to have been Tuesday morning.

MOO

Not run-of-the-mill thieves. These are organized thieves, similar to those who steal cars for chop shops. They stake out rural properties, noticing which ones have regular periods of no one at home, which ones are periodically unoccupied (may have only weekend usage, for instance), what buildings and equipment are on the property. Easy to come at night and check it out, or even drive by in the daytime, and if questioned, pretend to be looking for so-and-so and look lost.

These guys are looking for things they can disassemble and sell for parts, or whatever they do with stolen goods. They come in with trailers to haul away the goods, so would certainly have been able to drag away the incinerator if it caught their fancy. After all, they needed a fairly sizable trailer and a 4-wheel-drive truck to haul away my neighbour's John Deere tractor from a rather rocky and uneven back field. And someone needed a smaller trailer to steal my lawn tractor. They are well-organized and "case the joint," as the saying goes.

Some are incredibly brazen. I've had people come in and wander my property and start looking inside buildings when they thought no one was here (my car was in the shop). When confronted they beat a hasty retreat, but I got their licence plate number just in case anything untoward happened soon after.

DM's farm was a good target because clearly no one lived there. They could have monitored the neighbour's behaviour and ascertained he went to bed at a certain hour; then be quite confident of breaking in and hauling away with no problem. Both the machine itself and the trailer it came on would be worth something on the parts market.

Sounds like DM and his friends themselves. They had some stolen stuff in the hangar that they just hauled away from it's rightful owner. ;)

MOO

ETA: Ironically, that trailer that the incinerator was sitting on was probably made from a stolen one. They seemed to like stealing those.

Sounds like DM and his friends themselves. They had some stolen stuff in the hangar that they just hauled away from it's rightful owner. ;)

MOO

And interestingly, they stored the stolen stuff at the hangar, not on the DM's rural property, probably for the exact reasons Palisadesk raises. Then why store the eliminator there? I also think the eliminator stayed at the hanger(or nearby) for a long while before being moved to the pseudo-farm.

And interestingly, they stored the stolen stuff at the hangar, not on the DM's rural property, probably for the exact reasons Palisadesk raises. Then why store the eliminator there? I also think the eliminator stayed at the hanger(or nearby) for a long while before being moved to the pseudo-farm.

Well I don't know about that. There was a bobcat and a backhoe there that may not have a bill of sale lying around anywhere. ;)

Also from the picture of the incinerator, it appears that the trailer is littered with dirt and debris and is rusting so it does look like it was left out in the elements for more than just a few days. And the incinerator would be made to withstand the elements because where else would you store an incinerator that you were using on a daily basis? No one buys an incinerator to store it indoors out of the rain.

2dwcarn.png

MOO

Well I don't know about that. There was a bobcat and a backhoe there that may not have a bill of sale lying around anywhere. ;)

Yeah but also kind of hard to steal heavy machinery stuck in a swamp. Did LE ever run serial numbers on those items?

There was electricity to the barn at one time...but the meter on the side appears to have been dismantled.
If you have a well out in the country these days then for sure you would have an electrical pump for the water....We are in a rural area and when our hydro is down we have no water for the duration. Hand pumps make lovely decorations I guess.

Think they washed the truck at the hangar....would not want to risk someone noticing or police stopping them for anything and seeing blood all over the truck.

Do you have a link/photo to show that hydro was dismantled by chance, please and TIA. I did find this photo, and you can see a hydro line leading to the barn. Obviously it doesn't mean there was hydro though. I wonder who would have dismantled it and why? DM being frugal...again? ;)

It seemed to make sense to me, being as they were at the barn already to hitch up the incinerator from the barn. They could see or hear vehicles coming up or down the highway and duck out of site should a vehicle pass by. I doubt anyone would think much or maybe notice a truck parked there in the dark corner outside the barn, of course unless they were very familiar with the property. And on a Monday night around midnight, I doubt there would be many travellers out and about. JMO.
DMhydro.jpg

...MOO the events from May 6th until the arrest of DM were definitely cocaine fuelled....not meth, not weed, not MDMA...... Pretty strong on my opinion, given the evidence presented

Also from the picture of the incinerator, it appears that the trailer is littered with dirt and debris and is rusting so it does look like it was left out in the elements for more than just a few days. And the incinerator would be made to withstand the elements because where else would you store an incinerator that you were using on a daily basis? No one buys an incinerator to store it indoors out of the rain.

2dwcarn.png

MOO

Would the doors on the barn be 11' tall?

...MOO the events from May 6th until the arrest of DM were definitely cocaine fuelled....not meth, not weed, not MDMA...... Pretty strong on my opinion, given the evidence presented

Would explain a lot, wouldn't it ?!?!

Would the doors on the barn be 11' tall?

No idea. But it's not my contention that the incinerator was stored in the barn. Near it possibly.

I posted the pic to show that the trailer was dirty and rusted and therefore it may have been stored outside.

MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden
Seeing rear seats flipped up, storage underneath. #Bosma

I want to post this although I haven't read the thread yet, sorry, to somehow mark the point.

That storage underneath the rear seats was 2013 here on WS mentioned as perhaps being a reason to steal exact this truck by a drug gang (framing DM/MS) which had possibly posession of the truck before Tim and knew of the storage.
.... and now I will continue with twitter and thread "day 19" ......

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15 Std.Vor 15 Stunden
Seeing rear seats flipped up, storage underneath. #Bosma

I want to post this although I haven't read the thread yet, sorry, to somehow mark the point.

That storage underneath the rear seats was 2013 here on WS mentioned as perhaps being a reason to steal exact this truck by a drug gang (framing DM/MS) which had possibly posession of the truck before Tim and knew of the storage.
.... and now I will continue with twitter and thread "day 19" ......

Yeah well that was before we had the Crown's opening statement so we know now there was no drug gang involved. Just a guy who wanted to steal a truck to get to Baja and one of his trusty sidekicks along for the ride to drive the chase car.

MOO

Taken as a whole I think these various expressions are meant to convey the latter. If Smich is the shooter and lets his lawyer implicitly blame Millard, that would earn a few legitimate eye rolls and stare downs. If Millard is simply using his sociopathic skills to manipulate observers and try to convince them of his innocence, it would look about the same way. It's a way to testify without ever getting on the stand, which shows some cunning. I nonetheless think he will have to take the stand if he wants that rather implausible story sold to anyone. The defense could still surprise though. How many cases look rock solid until the defence gets their turn? I'll wait to hear, but thus far he just looks and feels like a sociopath with a trail of bodies behind him.

bbm

I think, DM has just a way to look intensive to put out an emotion or a prompt to someone, NOT to show a jury his innocence. Remember the look to the rear seat and MS when they did the test drive with an ex army soldier (of whom we never saw a nice pic :blushing: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum