Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s59 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich's friend says he was told Smich needed to make money for a lawyer, so he wanted to sell a 'big bag of weed' or a gun #BosmaTrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Texted Bleach and said "Mark had something he wanted to get rid of."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
Daly texted bleach. "I said "do you have money" and he said yes why. I said Mark had something he wanted to get rid of." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
He was shaken, jumpy, nervous and wanted to sell a "big bag of weed" or a gun to get money for a lawyer Daly says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Mark asked him for help with weed and gun while at his sister's apartment. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 53s54 seconds ago
The tool box- "I told him to put on a vest and hard hat and bury it" smich then tells Delaney to get his friend to buy the gun. @AM900CHML

"I told him that Mark had something that he wanted to get rid of, and that was the extent of the conversation in the text messages," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:46 PM

Daly says Smich asked him to see if he could sell the gun.
by Adam Carter 2:46 PM

Daly says that same day, news crews showed up at Smich's mother's place.
by Adam Carter 2:48 PM

"That was probably what triggered him asking me to get rid of it. I think his sister was telling him to get rid of anything he had," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:48 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
He says it was just he and Smich at the apt when Smich asked him to contact friend. Smich's sister had been there earlier. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s42 seconds ago
Media showed up at Smich's house that morning.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 19s20 seconds ago
"He told me to get rid of it or the weed. He needed $ for a lawyer. "@AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
At some point the media showed up to Smich home. Daly says that was prob what triggered him asking him to help him get rid of it. #Bosma

I think, there are certainly two (2) guns and MS had complained about not to have succeeded in buying the gun he wanted but BIG DM got the darling gun - cry! - howl! - wail! -croak! by MS, like a jealous brat.

Would the DM gun have been the one used in the WM shooting? I would assume that one would have been collected by LE when they came to the house after he died?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Daly says Smich was anxious about this, but not as anxious as other days he's described. "On edge for sure." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Daly says news crews showed up at Smich's mothers house - and it's what triggered the conversation about selling the weed or the gun #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Daly says Smich was anxious, nervous

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
When Bleach asked what it was Smich wanted to get rid of, Daly said he'd tell him when he got there. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Daly arranged to get a friend named "Bleach" to make the buy, they met, but no sale ever happened #TimBosma

Bleach did show up, Daly says. He doesn't recall that Mark was there. Recalls waiting outside house but Smich didn't come out. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Smich was "anxious" and "on edge for sure." Bleach met Daly at the park, Daly thinks. Bleach and Smich had met before.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Daly telling court about a meeting with a man named 'Bleach' to buy the gun #BosmaTrial

It was Daly who talked to Bleach about it. "I just remember Bleach didn't have nearly enough money." #Bosma

Says Smich wanted like $1,000 and Bleach had about $100. #Bosma

Smich wanted "a thousand bucks or so" and Bleach only had $100, so no deal.

Bleached didn't nearly have enough money. Smich wanted $1,000, Bleach had $100. Daly says the conversation never happened. #TimBosma

Moodie asks again if he'd like to refresh his memory from his statement to police. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Friend came to buy smichs gun. He wanted 1000$ guy only had 100$ @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Daly friend "Bleach" considered buying #Smich gun but only had $100. Says #Smich wanted at least $1,000

Dungey stands up, says he's not sure how he can refresh his memory when he said Bleach and Smich did not talk. #Bosma

Judge allows witness to refresh his memory. #Bosma

Justice Goodman allowing Daly to refresh his memory again by looking over his police statement.

When "Bleach" asked what the "thing" was that Smich wanted to get rid off, Daly said he would tell him when he got there. "But he didn't buy anything," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:50 PM

"I just knew that Bleach didn't have nearly enough money," Daly says. "[Smich] wanted a thousand bucks or so and my friend only had about a hundred."
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Daly says "Bleach" didn't buy anything from Smich.
by Adam Carter 2:54 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s34 seconds ago
Did they have a conversation? Moodie asks. "Yeah, I guess so," Daly says after reading statement. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
Bleach did not buy anything off Smich, Daly says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s28 seconds ago
Bleach did not buy anything off Smich.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 24s24 seconds ago
After reading his police statement agin, Daly now says Smich and Bleach did talk, but Bleach didn't buy anything #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
After that, Daly says he thinks he went out and hung out with Mike (Bleach). #Bosma

So is it my understanding that Daly is saying it is Smich's gun that Dellen got him?

Apr 5 2016 1:04 PM Moodie asks what was in that video. "Some ammunition, some zombie bullet thing, he said they went with the gun he wanted, but he didn't end up with that one, and that Dell had gotten the one he wanted," Daly says.

Apr 5 2016 1:06 PM"Like I said, he said that the bullets went with a gun that he wanted, but he ended up with a different gun, and that gun ended up in the toolbox."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
The sale never happened. Bleach only had about $100, Smich wanted closer to $1000 #BosmaTrial

Daly says he didn't ask where toolbox was at this time. #Bosma

He had concerns about being in same place as it, which he thinks he relayed to Smich. #Bosma

Did not take toolbox with gun to the meeting with Bleach. Smich said toolbox was at his mom's house.

He says Smich told him it was ok to hang out at the apartment bc the toolbox had been moved to his moms house. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Moodie asks if that changed at any point. Daly says he doesn't think so. Doesn't recall hearing about it being moved from there. #Bosma

The toolbox and the gun weren't brought when the two met up, Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:55 PM

Daly says he had concerns about being in the same location as the gun.
by Adam Carter 2:56 PM

Smich said "It was okay to hang out at the apartment because he was at his mom's house," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:56 PM

Daly says he spoke with police three times.
by Adam Carter 2:57 PM

Daly says he didn't tell police about the gun in his first statement. "I didn't want to be called a snitch," he says. He says he changed his mind after he spoke to his lawyer.
by Adam Carter 2:58 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Smich told Daly it was OK to hang at apt. Because the toolbox was at his mom's house, in a drawer of washer in garage. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 52s52 seconds ago
He spoke to police 3 times, he says. Twice on video. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Daly says he didn't tell police about the gun the first time, because he didn't want to be labelled a snitch #BosmaTrial

In first, he did not tell them about the gun. "I didn't want to be called a snitch." #Bosma

That changed after he talked to his lawyer. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
He changed his mind after talking to his lawyer #BosmaTrial

Daly says he didn't tell police about the gun because he didn't want to be called a snitch.

Did not tell police about gun in first statement. "I didn't want to be called a snitch." Then talked to his lawyer and told about gun.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
But a talk with his lawyer changed his mind.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Daley didn't initially tell police about the gun. "Didn't want to be a snitch" he later talked to a lawyer and started talking. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Moodie asks Daly if he hung out w Smich regularly btwn May 10 and May 22, 2013. Yes, Daly says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
(Smich was arrested on May 22, jury knows) #Bosma

Daly says Smich wanted "upwards of $1,000" for the gun.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

Pillay says he has an issue to raise with the judge before he begins his cross-examination. The jury is sent out.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

When "Bleach" asked what the "thing" was that Smich wanted to get rid off, Daly said he would tell him when he got there. "But he didn't buy anything," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 2:50 PM

"I just knew that Bleach didn't have nearly enough money," Daly says. "[Smich] wanted a thousand bucks or so and my friend only had about a hundred."
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Daly says "Bleach" didn't buy anything from Smich.
by Adam Carter 2:54 PM

This is sounding like such a Trailer Park Boys episode!

The media showed up at MB's neighbourhood where TB's truck in the trailer was parked before LE, and now we hear they showed up at Smich's house before his arrest. How do they know these things? LE leaks?

All MOO.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 49s49 seconds ago
Daly says he lied to police at 1st: "I didn't want to be called snitch." Then after he spoke to lawyer he went back and gave another stmt.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s14 seconds ago
Moodie going back to price of gun. What was it? He asks. Daly says upwards of $1k. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 9s9 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Crown is now finished with Brendan Daly #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
"I don't know if I was ever told an exact number," he says. Came from Smich. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s17 seconds ago
Smich was asking "upwards of a thousand dollars" for the gun. Moodie done. Pillay has an issue to raise in jury's absence. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
That's it for Crown.
Pillay asks jury to step out briefly for legal argument before he begins his cross. #Bosma

The media showed up at MB's neighbourhood where TB's truck in the trailer was parked before LE, and now we hear they showed up at Smich's house before his arrest. How do they know these things? LE leaks?

All MOO.

Either leaks or chatter over police radio bands picked up on scanners, probably.

Either leaks or chatter over police radio bands picked up on scanners, probably.

Well, IMHO I think the media should not try to advance on these stories prior to LE being involved. They could - and seemed did - spook the suspect. All for a scoop. :gaah:

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member