Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sat in court a few times & DM is left handed, MS is right handed...at least while they're writing in court.

Ahh, so that makes a left handed fling of the phone, out the drivers window, over the roof of the truck, into the yard more plausible!

Funny how all of the azzholes lied in their statements until the charges were upgraded to murder, then ***** got real!!!!
Even though in a perfect world they would have all been singing right from the get go, DM was pretty smart that he had them all involved in his criminal activities- even if it was just standing a mile down the road holding a walkie talkie. DM still had them involved. So, I imagine that when this all went down, they felt the need to clam up big time. When you're in your late teens and early twenties, you don't want to be the snitch. If I had to use my mother skills, I'd say they went super quiet when DM was arrested on the Friday for abducting TB and stealing the truck. Several days later when they laid murder charges, I imagine that they were sent scrambling. This young bunch who were just going on missions with DM were now hearing that TB was found at DM's farm, burned and that there was an incinerator involved. IMO, that's when things got really crazy for them. Even though they initially lied and attempted to cover things up for DM & MS, I give them all credit for getting legal counsel and providing LE with accurate statements. MOO

AM works in the construction trade. Wonder what this will do for his credibility on the job site. It sounds like a lot of this was just for the sake of taking something because they could.

Earlier testimony re computers...DOTA 2 Steam community... "Stealth Missions" was Michalski.

[

IMO Mr. BD is probably doing what his lawyer has advised, and he may have some unmentioned deal to say what he has. Obviously, he doesn't want to incriminate himself more than already.

Legally, deals cannot be kept private. There are no hidden secret plea deals..

Quote Originally Posted by hippy_chic View Post
I've sat in court a few times & DM is left handed, MS is right handed...at least while they're writing in court.

Ahh, so that makes a left handed fling of the phone, out the drivers window, over the roof of the truck, into the yard more plausible!

Interestingly, I just watched a Facebook time of American Idol finalist and he said he writes with his right hand, but does everything else with his left.--eats, draws, throws left handed. So it does happen to be a mixture.

Agreed, although a small percentage of the population are ambidextrous. Then there are people like my son who writes with his left, eats with his right, throws with his right, shoots left in hockey. My son may be messed up lol

Your son is fine. I write with my left and do a million things with either hand.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SnooperDuper

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s12 seconds ago
Matt spoke to police May 14 & 15 at his home. His dad was there. May 22 talked to police again at house. May 30 talked to cops at lawyer's.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 29s30 seconds ago
Hagarmen talked to police several times. May -14-15-22-30. That last meeting was w @calvinberry @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
That final mtg was at a lawyer's office. Hagerman's father had retained the lawyer after he told him what happened. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 12s12 seconds ago
On the May 31 meeting Hagerman's dad retained a lawyer Calvin Barry because police were suspicious. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV now Mississauga, Ontario
Hagerman says he wasn't truthful when he spoke to police in mid-May 2013

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s12 seconds ago
Matt's father hired lawyer. Says police were "suspicious" of his involvement with #Bosma case. Says he was only truthful in final statement.

Funny how all of the azzholes lied in their statements until the charges were upgraded to murder, then ***** got real!!!!

DM's charges were upped to murder on May 15, 2013, and MS murder charge came on May 22nd, so it seems it took more than that to get MH to tell the truth. Too bad Schlatman didn't also seek legal advice and/or have a parent he would listen to so he could have told the truth. The guy is *still* lying.

It doesn't mean the Daly phone called the Bate phone.

It simply means that Daly had a WIND phone.

The only production orders for WIND were for the Bate phone and Daly's phone.

Everyone else used Rogers and Bell so the production orders on their phones went to Rogers or Bell.

But if the production order was received on May 7th, wouldn't that have been for the unknown numbers on Tim's phone? The OP didn't say the Daly phone called the Bate phone, only that it called TB's phone. So why is the Daly phone called TB's phone?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

In light of the new meaning for the word "grab", the statement by DM to not come to the hangar that day not even just to grab something looks more interesting.
I suspect he may have wanted to leave the yellow toolbox only with Hagerman because he may have been the only one that didn't salivate at the sight of it. And I don't see how it could have passed through so many hands with people taking stuff out unless everyone had keys, which would be pointless.
And another thing, this case of the gun being disposed of is an example of the media triggering the loss of evidence before LE could get to it.

Legally, deals cannot be kept private. There are no hidden secret plea deals..

This was previously discussed and I thought there were exceptions. I'm not a lawyer so fail to understand how someone can testify as to their part in stealing vehicles and not then be charged for admission of guilt? I would think they'd have to be told they were safe to testify.

Even though in a perfect world they would have all been singing right from the get go, DM was pretty smart that he had them all involved in his criminal activities- even if it was just standing a mile down the road holding a walkie talkie. DM still had them involved. So, I imagine that when this all went down, they felt the need to clam up big time. When you're in your late teens and early twenties, you don't want to be the snitch. If I had to use my mother skills, I'd say they went super quiet when DM was arrested on the Friday for abducting TB and stealing the truck. Several days later when they laid murder charges, I imagine that they were sent scrambling. This young bunch who were just going on missions with DM were now hearing that TB was found at DM's farm, burned and that there was an incinerator involved. IMO, that's when things got really crazy for them. Even though they initially lied and attempted to cover things up for DM & MS, I give them all credit for getting legal counsel and providing LE with accurate statements. MOO

IMO he can't be smart enough or strong enough to unlock and load a bobcat in the dark on his own. We aren't hearing who his "mechanics" were. Or is this why he was shown how to change a starter. Or did SS say that so when it came out the bobcat was moved, the jury would think DM changed the starter himself?

IMO, Schlatman is definitely still lying, especially about not knowing that he was working in a "chop shop". He must have had suspicions about TB being murdered and DM MS being involved. Most of his testimony rang false to me.

In light of the new meaning for the word "grab", the statement by DM to not come to the hangar that day not even just to grab something looks more interesting.
I suspect he may have wanted to leave the yellow toolbox only with Hagerman because he may have been the only one that didn't salivate at the sight of it. And I don't see how it could have passed through so many hands with people taking stuff out unless everyone had keys, which would be pointless.
And another thing, this case of the gun being disposed of is an example of the media triggering the loss of evidence before LE could get to it.

Interesting play on words.

MS was already under surveillance IMO. So there was opportunity, perhaps, for LE to follow him to the forest had anyone seen him with this toolbox, but I suspect he shoved it down his pants instead of walking into the forest with a toolbox. But no one saw him with a shovel?

It's pretty hard to help a distressed family -- Bosmas - without putting out pleas and info on the media. And it's called freedom of press.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ironworker736

I thought he was initially behind TB IIRC

I think we all have assumed MS was behind TB. He was not for the Igor test drive and SB didn't state where, just the back seat.

Tumanenko got behind the wheel of his own truck, the tall guy beside him and the short guy behind the driver’s seat as they set out for a spin. Then Tumanenko pulled over and let the tall guy drive.
http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...case-as-tim-bosma-murder-trial-continues.html

She described a tall man and a shorter one walk down the long driveway at their home, talk to Bosma, and the tall one got in the driver’s side while Bosma got in the passenger seat. The shorter one got in the back. The pulled out and headed north and she never saw him again.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2489224/t...ccused-killers-of-hamilton-man-begins-monday/

From A.Carter's Live Blog (this was AC's reporting on WDB's testimony Feb 1st):
• Feb 1 2016 4:27 PM
The man who was on the phone got into the driver's seat, Bosma got in on the passenger side, and then the third man got in behind Bosma.

IMO he can't be smart enough or strong enough to unlock and load a bobcat in the dark on his own. We aren't hearing who his "mechanics" were. Or is this why he was shown how to change a starter. Or did SS say that so when it came out the bobcat was moved, the jury would think DM changed the starter himself?

It was the ignition not the starter. SS was the mechanic and testified that he taught DM how to change one. I'm not sure how easy it is to hot wire a Bobcat (or change ignition as SS puts it) I'm sure DM had help and it not likely DM happened to have a spare ignition in his pocket.

I guess the safest is to say IMO. I am struggling with just using this forum with threads etc....let alone attaching a link. That is too technical for me at this point in time. There is a learning curve involved with me.

Me too. Lol

This was previously discussed and I thought there were exceptions. I'm not a lawyer so fail to understand how someone can testify as to their part in stealing vehicles and not then be charged for admission of guilt? I would think they'd have to be told they were safe to testify.

It's the right not to self-incriminate, guaranteed under Section 13 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

Self-crimination

13. A witness who testifies in any proceedings has the right not to have any incriminating evidence so given used to incriminate that witness in any other proceedings, except in a prosecution for perjury or for the giving of contradictory evidence.

DM stole the Bobcat while WM was still alive. I wonder what WM had to say about that? (He didn't have long to say it; he was dead the next month.)

How many months/years did Wayne fear to get up in the morning to find unknown cars/equipment around his hangar? IF anything had been purchased and not stolen, then it was something like an unnecessary Eliminator. Poor dad (poor mum). That much alcohol you can not drink at all, in order not to think about what will become of this wayward smugly son. And not only several friends of this son were involved in illegal machinations, in addition they were partly living under Wayne's roof, ate his refrigerator empty and had their gang meetings around his kitchen table.

A year later they all would learn their "mission boss" hadn't only murdered an innocent car owner but a mutual female friend and his father also (suspected). One shock after another!

I had to go back to the Crown's OS because there is just too much being said that confuses me, lol. So, here we go:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

After the arrest of Mr. Millard, Mr. Smich obtained possession of the toolbox from mutual friends of the two Accused. Mr. Smich was aware of the arrest of Mr. Millard and he took steps to gain control and possession of the locked toolbox.

... but MS was oh so verrry surprised to find a gun in the toolbox (as TD wanted to hear from BD)??? I can't believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader