Bosma Murder Trial 04.14.16 - Day 35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing to think about the clothes, it's interesting that DM chose to wear (the same?) orange clothing to both test drives. Orange is bright and memorable, particularly in the evening. Does lend some potential to intending the different clothes as a change of appearance. If cops are looking for a guy in an orange t-shirt and jeans and he's morphed into a guy in a white t-shirt and khakis that would be good. On the other hand, if he knows he's going to be burning his clothing he might choose to wear the same t-shirt two night in a row for that too. Either way, if it's the same shirt for both test drives a day apart it likely suggests some purpose to the choice of shirt.

now that all this evidence has come out about the change of clothes and the mission day comment for the 5th..I am fully convinced they were planning to steal IT's truck. I also think DM drew a box around his tattoo, why he would just not hide it is beyond me..but I think this guy has some twisted ways of thinking..to act so casual after cremating a human being, like it was nothing is just sick...like Bernardo...like Russell Williams sick.

There are several reasonable alternatives to premeditation to murder that are covered by 'bring a change of clothes'. If you read back you'll see that that element is what I have focused on in this discussion. I'm talking about that kind of evidence and the weight I would give it. There remains IMO significantly more knowable facts that argue against premeditation in this case than argue for it. And I will say again that the men are not charged with first degree murder based on premeditation, nor is premeditation laid in the Crown's roadmap. I think then it's fairly reasonable to conclude that there is in fact an interpretation of the facts that reasonably concludes this may not have been premeditated murder?

Now JB67.....if you go back and look at what I typed, you will find no conversation about premeditation....nada ! I deliberately focused on the business of 'alternative explanations being reasonable'.
Now if you would like to start a second conversation on the topic of possible other pathways to a first degree murder conviction....then that is another matter .

Honestly, up until just recently I was quite convinced that the accused were on their way to first degree murder either on the grounds of abduction and death....or forcible confinement and death......And then today happened---what can I say......It's a wrap....Done....Over....Toast.....(there goes first degree for premeditation and poor poor planning !!!)

:jail::jail: ...............................:jail::jail::jail: ???
....Now. .....................................Coming soon to a detention center near you???

MOOMOOMOO. ( are you ready for this....I was only allowed 5 images, when I thought I could use at least 5 more .....damn it)

I thought Bleach's real name was Mike

Apr 5 2016 2:45 PMA Mike with the nickname Bleach is a friend of Daly's. There was talk of him buying the gun, he says.

Just thinking about what we know regarding the two interpretations of the 'Headed to waterloo, figure out the BBQ situation for this week' message. To me this is a great example of reasonable doubt and competing narratives that juries have to grapple with.

In arguing for this being a reference to the Eliminator and in support of premeditation:

-'BBQ' known to be a colloquial reference to the Eliminator among these shitbags
-Message sent to a person who we can reasonably assume is MS, his accomplice in the theft and murder
-Message sent to SS on the very same day inquiring about the generator, a necessary component in running the Eliminator
-it's in the context of heading to Waterloo, and the Eliminator and generator are in that area
-it is within 10 days of the actual use of the Eliminator in the murder

In arguing for this being in reference to an actual BBQ among friends

-we know Millard had frequent social gatherings
-we know to a reasonable certainty that there was an actual BBQ planned that week for May 1, and that Millard was dealing with elements of the planning before (presumptive), on and after April 29 when he was exchanging texts with AM about it
-with the evidence we have today the exchange with Smich on the 27th has no particular references to any missions etc or any reason to conclude it was unlikely to have been about the social BBQ that was indeed planned that week
-DM headed to Waterloo several times a week on a regular basis and it would not be unusual to have heading there juxtaposed with other events in his life on that same regular basis
-the social BBQ really was 'for this week', and the Eliminator was used 10 days later with inquiries about test drives beginning two or three days days before that

If I were a juror, I would be utterly chilled by the message and my gut would be screaming, but I believe I would feel compelled to apply the benefit of the doubt because right now the social BBQ explanation is thoroughly reasonable in a legal sense IMO. When we hear the other side of the text messages on Monday, the landscape may shift. More and more each day I find myself hoping it definitively does.

We're now seeing an entry from the iPad's web history. There's a Google search on May 18 for "rounds for 9mm."

by*Adam Carter*3:50 PM

I also found this interesting..was this to shoot himself or??? Cause I don't think he was looking for 9mm film.

Now JB67.....if you go back and look at what I typed, you will find no conversation about premeditation....nada ! I deliberately focused on the business of 'alternative explanations being reasonable'.
Now if you would like to start a second conversation on the topic of possible other pathways to a first degree murder conviction....then that is another matter .

Honestly, up until just recently I was quite convinced that the accused were on their way to first degree murder either on the grounds of abduction and death....or forcible confinement and death......And then today happened---what can I say......It's a wrap....Done....Over....Toast.....(there goes first degree for premeditation and poor poor planning !!!)
...Now. .....................................Coming soon to a detention center near you???

MOOMOOMOO. ( are you ready for this....I was only allowed 5 images, when I thought I could use at least 5 more .....damn it)

Well you were demanding a reasonable explanation from me, and *I* had been directing my arguments exclusively to elements of premeditation using the change of clothes as an example. So I didn't know how else to answer you! :)

We're now seeing an entry from the iPad's web history. There's a Google search on May 18 for "rounds for 9mm."

by*Adam Carter*3:50 PM

I also found this interesting..was this to shoot himself or??? Cause I don't think he was looking for 9mm film.

I had that same wonder. Wondered briefly as well if it suggested there is indeed a second gun and MS still had it, despite what Daly interpreted, and does that then suggest again that the Walther was what was buried and that it belonged to DM?

Respectfully, IMO, there still remains reasonable doubt about MS's involvement in the crime for me. I realize that some here are thoroughly convinced otherwise, IMO.

Rather than expressing disappointment about those few among us who cannot yet agree on everything as the majority may, can it not be an opportunity for others to see how some people on the jury may in fact be seeing things too, IMO?

I am thinking about how DM appears to have various personas depending upon who he's with, IMO, and it seems to me that so do his comrades in crime, IMO. I think DM and his missionaries were heavily into role playing games that extended beyond the video game forums to include criminal escapades in the real world, IMO. IMO, DM was unquestionably the leader, but ALL his underlings were apparently strongly and badly influenced by DM and his particular warped fantasy world, and that, IMO, includes MS.

So far, I don't perceive MS to be that distinct in his actions to the other usual missionaries, IMO. Like them, MS was involved in crimes with DM previously, and the only difference in that respect that separates him from the others, IMO, is that MS has been charged for minor crimes in the past, but those crimes while disturbing, are in stark contrast to what he is on trial for now, IMO. Murder is major escalation IMO from DUI, house plants or Bobcat thefts, graffiti painting, etc., IMO.

I have been paying attention to the texts and I see those gangsta-style references as a bunch of young hoodlums who are play acting a role to impress their "peer" group and their fearsome leader, DM, IMO. Look out (pun intended). IMO, they talked the talk of the street when in like company of thieves, and some likely went home to their mom's and/or dad's homes and dropped their mystery night masks and conversed as common people among decent folks, IMO. IMO, they blended in when necessary or convenient for them. Some like MS, I imagine, stuck with the street jargon and his SAY10 street name that he perceived, IMO, portrayed him as the rapper he wished to known as when he was everywhere except at home with his mom and sisters, IMO. IMO, every last one of DM's chosen and trusted criminal associates were no better than MS, but not in any way as cruel or as calculating or as dangerous as DM, IMO. IMO they all enjoyed playing the role of street ****s with street names and with jargon to match. i.e. AM: "everytin be irie?"; perhaps by MS: “Kowallski Mi Negro”; (I don't know if this is accurate spelling, as it came from today's tweets, but it's racist and offensive without doubt, IMO, and it seemed suggestive of having come from MS's text, IMO); DM: "Sup?", "Dellen the Fellon", and the endless "Yo's.

In DM's secret "hood" they each felt unique, trusted, and welcome, IMO, and they ALL fit in, IMO, all except one, MS, as they say now, and yet back then I don't see evidence that MS didn't fit in with the others as suggested, IMO. They each and all enjoyed the perks and the thrills of being a part of an underground organized crime ring that appealed to each of their own weaknesses and led them all into a life of criminality, IMO, and what they now know would turn out to become a highly complicated situation that turned deadly at the will and whim of DM, IMO. The gravity of the circumstances now finally perhaps sinking in deep into their psyche's as it didn't in the days after TB was still a missing person, IMO.

IMO, DM, the sly night crew once thought, would protect them if ever they got caught for their other petty crimes, which seemed to be a shared opinion by all, except for MS, who curiously immediately felt threatened by the thought that DM had set him up, IMO. MS was reportedly in a state of major panic worrying about that scenario while the others, IMO, still loyal to DM, tried to ensure that the "outsider" had the heat put on him while they, IMO, did all they could to avoid feeling any heat on themselves, IMO. Some of the missionaries escaped relatively unscathed when compared to the situation MS now faces, IMO. IMO, any one of these characters might well have agreed to participate in a truck theft mission with DM at his bidding, had they been so summoned, IMO, - and I am not suggesting that they did - what I am saying is that according to the evidence, it would not be such a stretch to imagine it possible that had they been asked they may have agreed to go along on such mission for DM, IMO, and in with that observation I don't see much difference between MS - yet - and the others, IMO. My point is that while many here are convinced by the evidence that MS not only participated in a pre-meditated truck theft, he is presumed by some, if not most, to have been aware that DM was going to kill the owner, IMO, and I, based on the evidence of witness testimony and texts that do IMO, leave room for interpretation - so far - I can't yet make that huge leap, IMO. The history of DM and his crew, suggest other possibilities still exist about MS and his involvement in this vicious and utterly inhumane crime, IMO. OTOH, I do think DM is already proved to be guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, IMO.

All MOO. All strictly my own opinion. Sorry for all the IMOs but I need to make sure I am clearly stating only my opinion.

It is entirely normal for any murder case to take 2-1/2 years to get to court.

All trials are decided on the totality of the evidence.
I get the time for investigation, but what if the crown started with the "bigger" pieces of hard evidence and the Jury could say- ok- stop- right there- that is enough- to know- with a reasonable amount of intelligence that ---blah ----and save the family-and the jurors- the rest of smaller blood spattering of evidence and TIME.? If the Defendant's thought they could continue on; then oh boy

by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
May 18, lots of texts btwn IPad and a single phone number from 7:13 p.m. to 7:53 pm. Essentially arranging a meeting at Kerr and Speers.

coincidence? selling his 9mm rounds and checking prices out on google?
trading weed for rounds?

I had that same wonder. Wondered briefly as well if it suggested there is indeed a second gun and MS still had it, despite what Daly interpreted, and does that then suggest again that the Walther was what was buried and that it belonged to DM?

First thought was..wow, was he gonna shoot himself.
Second was, he was trying to figure out the ammo for DM's gun.

But does make ya wonder...was the gun really buried?

I get the time for investigation, but what if the crown started with the "bigger" pieces of hard evidence and the Jury could say- ok- stop- right there- that is enough- to know- with a reasonable amount of intelligence that ---blah ----and save the family-and the jurors- the rest of smaller blood spattering of evidence and TIME.? If the Defendant's thought they could continue on; then oh boy
ah i see that is what all you smart ones keep saying is what the crown needs to PROVE// the defendants need not prove innocence. so sad

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Revelations from Andrew Michalski | EXHIBIT # 129 and #130

[video=youtu;tRxCc6vXz3M]http://youtu.be/tRxCc6vXz3M[/video]

looking at new time line. - next dumb question - do burner phones have texting capabilities? i have to say sorry for asking- Canadian here :)

looking at new time line. - next dumb question - do burner phones have texting capabilities? i have to say sorry for asking- Canadian here :)

Yes, they do. Basically the only differences between a burner and a regular cell phone is a burner is prepaid and doesn't require I.D. to set up the account. I had a prepaid (so I guess a burner) phone for a few years as a teenager when money was tight. So they aren't always used for bad reasons, they just are good for criminals because they are a lot harder to trace whose they are.

People seem to think they were stupid enough to tell AM and MH everything - sure, why not? ;)

(Evidence is generally pointing at these guys being pretty stupid...or at least blunted.)

Blunted......hehehe....yeah that's it!

billandrew there was ipad communication on the 7th, no? sorry i realize you are far more thorough on this type of stuff than i will ever be but - it's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmb9201