Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So up until this point (even with the "bring a change of clothes" text from last week) I was uncertain of the level of knowledge of MS with respect to what DM's plan was for the evening of May 6. These messages today are, for me, enough to show he was aware of the full plan. MOO

Same, I was leaning towards MS no knowing what was going to happen, but today's testimony changes that

That exact sentence stems from the first WS thread, I think. Did he have the time for following his own evil crime in a forum?

There are quite a few names that were with us very frequently in the 1st few threads of this forum. Some are no longer WS members.

From Abro's 2015 National Post article

"I’m relying on the advice of my lawyer, and several other lawyers too, all agree, stay quiet. CBS wants to do a lengthy interview. Right now, I feel like doing it. And not just sticking to my personal background; I feel like getting right into the case, and picking it all apart. For heaven’s sake, it’s right in front of everyone’s faces, and no one seems to be able to figure it all out!? This silence is very frustrating."

Well Dellen the Felon, that doesn't seem to be the case.

MOO

I sat in court today and the text messages they showed that were from AM said Kowalski. I was under the impression that Mi Negro was MS. It was never clarified but once he mentioned hanging out w/ Marlena to Mi Negro I then assumed it was one of MS's phones rather than AM.

The texts were kind of confusing as to whether the Bobcat was moved before or after LE showed up at the hangar. If they showed up after it was moved then there could be all kinds of explanations ...a contractor who was doing landscaping showed up with the stolen Bobcat around the vicinity of the hangar, the people who stole the Bobcat stopped at the end of Jetliner Ct to remove the GPS tracking system before heading on to it's end location...the GPS may have also tracked it to either of the businesses across the street, etc. And considering that WM was still alive and the hangar actually had a legit business with 25 employees working in it at the time, as well as contracted companies who may have still been working around the exterior, I'm sure LE didn't bother to get a warrant to search the premises further than what they may have been able to see from wherever they may have entered it.

They asked SS, who seemed to always be available as the lead man in the hangar despite the presence of the other MRO employees, and he said that there was no Bobcat in the hangar or left outside that he was aware of. Case closed.

MOO

So now, after today, we all know that SS found the GPS and removed it, he lied on the stand and said DM asked him to remove it and didn't ask questions, he just did it. Now we hear that LE went into the Hanger looking for a Bobcat and SS sends them away stating that he had not seen a Bobcat. Can charges be in SS's future? He clearly knew about this thieving, he knew this Bobcat was hot and he lied to LE. JMO

I sat in court today and the text messages they showed that were from AM said Kowalski. I was under the impression that Mi Negro was MS. It was never clarified but once he mentioned hanging out w/ Marlena to Mi Negro I then assumed it was one of MS's phones rather than AM.

Thanks littlesauce and welcome!

:welcome4::welcome4:

(not sure if this was addressed yet...) the witness today made it sound as though even if you communicate via apps other than iMessage or texts that the messages can still be recovered.

Thank you :D Been following as a guest since the beginning of the trial.
Also, I was told by a sweet older woman today who goes to court almost every day that MS's mom was in court today. The texts, while interesting and revealing, were so slow and dry when being read by the crown and the witness that a woman actually fell asleep :laugh:

It's lovely to know that not once has SH's or JV's name come up in any testimony about any dark or desperate "missions" for DM. I bring that up because after being exposed to so many people willing to look the other way or to actually participate in crimes for and with DM at his beckoning, it seems there were some who would not, IMO. That there were a few good apples that DM could not spoil and corrupt, kind of helps to restore my faith in humanity. I have to admit, since following this trial, it has taken a beating.

It's in my nature to see the good in people and more often than not it's easy to find, IMO. And then there are those rare and special people like SB, who has suffered a great personal tragedy in the loss of her sweet husband and her baby's dear daddy, and who has the grace and goodness within her to offer positive and healing energy to others through her work with Tim's Tribute and the Healing Tree. Sometimes the courage and capacity of the human spirit is truly awe-inspiring!

Yes, tonight I am reminded that there are indeed some wonderful, kind souls in this sometimes crazy and cruel world who use their time and talents to help and uplift others, and that is the main focus I need to dwell upon as it gives me great hope and resilience. I wish for hope, kindness and resilience to lift the hearts of all the good people here while we wait together for justice for TB and his loved ones. :rose::rose:

All MOO.

From Abro's 2015 National Post article

"I’m relying on the advice of my lawyer, and several other lawyers too, all agree, stay quiet. CBS wants to do a lengthy interview. Right now, I feel like doing it. And not just sticking to my personal background; I feel like getting right into the case, and picking it all apart. For heaven’s sake, it’s right in front of everyone’s faces, and no one seems to be able to figure it all out!? This silence is very frustrating."

Well Dellen the Felon, that doesn't seem to be the case.

MOO
This makes me feel like there is more to come actually.

So now, after today, we all know that SS found the GPS and removed it, he lied on the stand and said DM asked him to remove it and didn't ask questions, he just did it. Now we hear that LE went into the Hanger looking for a Bobcat and SS sends them away stating that he had not seen a Bobcat. Can charges be in SS's future? He clearly knew about this thieving, he knew this Bobcat was hot and he lied to LE. JMO

BBM

I have to agree. Had to go back and read his testimony.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s14 seconds ago
Dungey asks specifically about a Bobcat. SS says DM say where he bought it. DM asked him to remove a GPS (tracking device) from it. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8s8 seconds ago

Not unusual for Schlatman to come in, find new equipment: ie Bobcat. Millard said he bought it. Asked to remove GPS, used to track vehicles.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 18s19 seconds ago
Schlatman says a bobcat appeared one day and Millard asked him to remove a GPS that would be used to track the vehicle. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s21 seconds ago
He told me he purchased it, so I just thought he didn't want the GPS unit on it. Didn't find it that unusual, Schlatman says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
Dungey asks if he told him where he bought it from. No. Schlatman says he never asked about it. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Schlatman doesn't remember where Millard purchased it from. Not new. Didn't show him any documents for it.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 35s35 seconds ago
Schlatman says his boss said he bought it but he didn't know where and he never saw any ownership paperwork. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
"Are you sort of closing your eyes here as to where it came from when you're taking the GPS off?" Dungey asks. Schlatman says no.

From today:

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Oct 20, 2912. Millard texts say10 phone "there's a GPS on that bobcat!" Says Shane found it. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"I haven't slept, went right back to airport to do damage control," he writes. "Only me you & Shane know about GPS. Let's keep it that way."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Then Shaner texts: "cops just left." #Bosma

I agree, and TD must think so too or he would have cross-examined the witness, IMO.

All MOO.

Thinking about the buying a house analogy regarding reasonable doubt. If I was buying a house and the albums around were Michael Buble and in another house death metal, I'd feel better about the Buble house. Some rap is artful, MS's is pure evil.Our thoughts affect our actions. Put enough of that in your brain, and I think a psychologist may say it affects your behaviour. I think it reflects mindset of the perp in question. IMO

I don't believe WM was "hiding debts" that was just DM's excuse to fire all employees (except for the loyal Schlatman). He just wasn't able to get his mitts on as much ready cash as he would have liked, as it was tied up in assets.

Also, he was probably trying to downplay his wealth to his cronies, who he still wanted to go on missions with, to steal, rather than actually buy his toys. He got his kicks from stealing (and killing) and that was not going to stop until he got caught.
IIRC, there was a text today indicating that DM had to fire 25 employee's?? LW2 testified that there were 13 employees. Can the guy ever tell the truth? Delusional? I find it amusing that with all of this responsibility and problems with cash flow that all he could think of was getting to the Baja race. Hope he remembers the last Baja so he can vividly replay it in his mind- the Jurassic Park replays must be getting boring. MOO

It's lovely to know that not once has SH's or JV's name come up in any testimony about any dark or desperate "missions" for DM. I bring that up because after being exposed to so many people willing to look the other way or to actually participate in crimes for and with DM at his beckoning, it seems there were some who would not, IMO. That there were a few good apples that DM could not spoil and corrupt, kind of helps to restore my faith in humanity. I have to admit, since following this trial, it has taken a beating.
All MOO.

I have no proof, but I suspect they have been selective about what text messages they show. I think that's what all the legal arguments are about. I don't know law but I would think for the crown to get SH & JV to testify their lawyer argued that damage to them be minimal. That's for another trial anyhow. Just because they are focusing on text between DM & MS doesn't mean there weren't others to other people too. IMO

Yes, and the owner would most likely have recorded activity trend. So why did LE not do more? Was it because the last known coordinates were that of a Aviation Dynasty? MOO

Yes of course had to be mistake, who would ever expect 'golden boy' and his collection of toys? (sarcasm intended) If I were attending that hanger it would have raised alot of alarm bells in my mind. I would certainly be alerting the stolen cars task force to keep an eye on that operation. JMO

MS and DM were obviously very close and MS respected and adored DM. Must have been shocking that DM turned on MS and insisted that the other player in the theft framed him. MS must find it easy not to look at DM now.

I agree, as DM said to SS he was the least of his worries, or something to that effect, IMO. I think it was AM that DM wanted CN to get in touch with to alter his testimony, so far at least, my opinion could change when I hear what others have to say, IMO. We know CN and AM were in contact immediately after the crime, and AM was arrested and DM likely got wind later just how much he talked to LE, IMO.

All MOO.

I'm thinking that CN will be divulging who it was she was to talk to when she testifies. The Crown made a point of saying that DM reached out to her in spite of the DNC list. It's something they want her to testify to I think. I keep going back and forth between SS and AM. I'm thinking it was AM and I don't think he fudged his testimony. MOO

Possibly but I'm still wondering how the LE got that DM murdered his dad and LB and that MS was in on the LB murder. Even if someone sang, evidence would be needed?

I suspect they have other evidence. These phone recoveries are in the right year for that. I suspect they will save those text messages for the other trials. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01