Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - anyone care to look up SS's testimony re: Bobcat and GPS? Perjury perhaps? MOO

ETA - I bet these were the text messages the Crown was trying to introduce during SS's testimony to prove he knew the Bobcat was stolen.....but they were ruled inadmissible at that time......could we see a recall of SS? wouldn't really add much.....but would be nice to see how he reacts to clear evidence of his lies....MOO again

SS stated that DM asked him to remove the GPS, he didn't ask why, he just did it.

Based on the evidence to date, and especially the texts we've seen today, MS was most likely the one that pulled the trigger. But DM was the monster that enabled this whole tragedy.

SS lied.

MS was a willing partner and was expecting rewards

AM most likely knew a lot more, although the text about keeping the knowledge of the GPS between DM, MS and SS is very telling of who DM trusted when the heat was on.

I am surprised to see DM suggesting Arthur as a spotter? Guess his mom let him go out after 9pm.

Still plenty of evidence to come. MOO

BBM - my thoughts exactly.....I think DM knew who would stay on the dark side and who might crumble if the heat was on......MOO.....

SS stated that DM asked him to remove the GPS, he didn't ask why, he just did it.

yep. but when the cops show up asking about a stolen bobcat.......even a 5 year old would put two plus two together.....MOO. He may not have technically lied....but IMO he knew it was stolen and absolutely lied to the police when he was questioned back then.

yep. but when the cops show up asking about a stolen bobcat.......even a 5 year old would put two plus two together.....MOO. He may not have technically lied....but IMO he knew it was stolen and absolutely lied to the police when he was questioned back then.

I completely agree.

There is a huge difference between lying about a stolen bobcat and lying for someone who is involved in murdering the owner of a truck that was stolen. I go back and forth between feeling for SS a little because he seems to have really trusted DM and looked up to him .. I even can forgive his protecting him about some stolen items in the hangar because he obviously knew what he was into with that job .. but fighting with your FIL about the truck, KNOWING it was TB's and he was still missing .. and then not having spoken to your FIL for the last 3 years, AND still working for DM months after the arrest ... that's where he loses me.

BBM - my thoughts exactly.....I think DM knew who would stay on the dark side and who might crumble if the heat was one......MOO.....

Agree. And I think there was grooming and testing and acclimating and manipulating going all along the way. Every one of these people are ultimately responsible for what they did for and with Dellen Millard, but generally none of us are well prepared for the kind of callous and predatory net a sociopath can cast. I think a lot of pretty ordinary people could have been substituted for the peripheral players in this drama with the same results.

It would be interesting to know LE's side of the Bobcat incident. They must of had some kind of information that it was either at or around the hanger. GPS's are very accurate, not like cell tower triangulation. Even if it was disabled, the last coordinates where most likely the hanger.

I say this because in hindsight, WM may still be alive if LE had recovered it. Does anyone know what LE can and cannot do with GPS tracking information? MOO

Amazing ......DM *advertiser censored*-u-me'd that there was a gravy train to be had when WM died. What a shock it must have been. No word from court room observers about his facial expression when that was revealed this morning. Inwardly, I bet he was fuming - MOO

If a non registered illegal handgun was all of a sudden found in a suicide of a 70 year old man, I would say would immediately look suspicious enough to raise a red flag and he should have been caught right there and then.

It was reported that it was a shotgun that killed WM, but who knows.

The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

It would be interesting to know LE's side of the Bobcat incident. They must of had some kind of information that it was either at or around the hanger. GPS's are very accurate, not like cell tower triangulation. Even if it was disabled, the last coordinates where most likely the hanger.

I say this because in hindsight, WM may still be alive if LE had recovered it. Does anyone know what LE can and cannot do with GPS tracking information? MOO

IF the bobcat was part of a fleet of equipment, the owner would have online access to whereabouts. Perhaps the owner alerted LE.

very accurate

https://www.unitedrentals.com/en/services/online-services/total-control

So daddy dearest was hiding debts........ I would call it hiding debts in plain sight ..:lol:Geez DM definitely time to learn more about business starting with the in's & out's of a bank loan....pardon the pun.

DM calls it hiding debts.....does everyone remember the bowl of credit cards at DM/WM's home? I wonder if these debts are DM's own debts from using these credit cards and he is pizzed off because those bills are sitting there waiting to be paid. DM probably see's this as a great opportunity to blame someone else for the debt that he incurred. JMO

Yes, and the owner would most likely have recorded activity trend. So why did LE not do more? Was it because the last known coordinates were that of a Aviation Dynasty? MOO

excellent point bbm !

DM calls it hiding debts.....does everyone remember the bowl of credit cards at DM/WM's home? I wonder if these debts are DM's own debts from using these credit cards and he is pizzed off because those bills are sitting there waiting to be paid. DM probably see's this as a great opportunity to blame someone else for the debt that he incurred. JMO

:boohoo:BooHoo...Not to mention probate, WM's final income tax, property taxes that may have come due etc etc....And then the monthly heat and hydro on Maple Gate, as well as the cost of filling the fridge that WM was accustomed to paying.......,
Time to grow .:bigstick: up, Dell.

Before a trial starts, what exactly does the defense get to be aware of that the crown has for evidence? Would this all be a surprise to them?

Texts give the impression MS, while not the planner, was an enthusiastic participant in all these missions.

When a man with no feelings is in love with you, you would go to the moon with him. JMO

Now that we know SS lied about his knowledge of the Bobcat theft, could he have been the one CN was supposed to reach out to? I think he knows a lot more about the murder.

"“I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through,” Millard texted Shane Schlatman at 9:49 p.m. on May 9, 2013."

MOO

Now that we know SS lied about his knowledge of the Bobcat theft, could he have been the one CN was supposed to reach out to? I think he knows a lot more about the murder.

"“I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through,” Millard texted Shane Schlatman at 9:49 p.m. on May 9, 2013."

MOO

I agree, CN was to talk to SS (IMO) to get SS to change his story with the promise of being kept on the payroll for as long as possible....and IMO SS did change his story, he played dumb and only told half truths and kept his mouth shut about the things that he was involved with, things that he knew about and things that could incriminate him. He covered his azz as best he could.

So DM refers to his mother as a hoe? Pffftt.

Before a trial starts, what exactly does the defense get to be aware of that the crown has for evidence? Would this all be a surprise to them?

The defense is aware of all the evidence that is to be presented. The Parry Mason movies that you see with someone running in at the last moment with the damning evidence that wins the case, doesn't happen. That kind of case is called something ... "Trial by ..." ... what is that word I need? .. Ambush!

"Trial by Ambush" happens only in the movies.

If additional material comes up during the trial, then the defense gets time to go over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal