Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we know SS lied about his knowledge of the Bobcat theft, could he have been the one CN was supposed to reach out to? I think he knows a lot more about the murder.

I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through,” Millard texted Shane Schlatman at 9:49 p.m. on May 9, 2013."

MOO
For awhile i felt that these were bogus texts sent to fool LE had they been "watching" but possibly the truth depending on how much more may have been deleted off of their phone at the time.

SS stated that DM asked him to remove the GPS, he didn't ask why, he just did it.

Yet he handled the police when they came knocking, asking questions about the Bobcat. Wonder how he handled that?

Really? I missed that . Can you post the tweet and reporter?

He calls Mi Negro "a bro from a different hoe." In the gushy, lovey dovey texts. I'll try to find it. Ridiculous.

Now that we know SS lied about his knowledge of the Bobcat theft, could he have been the one CN was supposed to reach out to? I think he knows a lot more about the murder.

"“I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through,” Millard texted Shane Schlatman at 9:49 p.m. on May 9, 2013."

MOO

That exact sentence stems from the first WS thread, I think. Did he have the time for following his own evil crime in a forum?

He calls Mi Negro "a bro from a different hoe." In the gushy, lovey dovey texts. I'll try to find it. Ridiculous.

Thanks! Was following SC tweets and they seemed to be missing a lot of info tweeted by others

That exact sentence stems from the first WS thread, I think. Did he have the time for following his own evil crime in a forum?

I doubt it. It's a very common thing to say when tragedy hits a family. Even if the person saying it is the piece of garbage that caused the tragedy and is trying to make himself look like a bystander.

Thanks! Was following SC tweets and they seemed to be missing a lot of info tweeted by others
And how smart of DM to get mommy on the payroll stat. IMHO, he needed her around because she added a layer of credibility to the negotiations with the bank- IIRC, it was her name on the building permit application for the farm. Bro's from a different hoe? Hope she forgets to put money in his canteen account. MOO

I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through,” Millard texted Shane Schlatman at 9:49 p.m. on May 9, 2013."

MOO

Could be but I still think it was AM (I believe they said it was a roomate). Also SS's was helping DM since the beginning. I believe SS's police statement had him saying the eliminator was for the pet cremation venture. DM had already coached him IMO and knew SS would be the loyal drone he was and wasn't worried about him. All MOO

I don't believe WM was "hiding debts" that was just DM's excuse to fire all employees (except for the loyal Schlatman). He just wasn't able to get his mitts on as much ready cash as he would have liked, as it was tied up in assets.

Also, he was probably trying to downplay his wealth to his cronies, who he still wanted to go on missions with, to steal, rather than actually buy his toys. He got his kicks from stealing (and killing) and that was not going to stop until he got caught.

My feeling is that DM just didn't understand all the working parts of the financial situation with the business. He knew the MRO loan was coming in and probably viewed it as free money.

If the defense is provided all evidence prior to trial through disclosure, why all the effort to prove he had the financial resources to buy a truck, and therefore no need to steal one?

Again, LE and the crown really did their homework with this case. We are almost at the point we are ready to hear from the GF's.

If anyone is attending the trial, I sure would like to know how DM and MS are responding to this phase? Is DM still smiling and waving?

BTW, I'm a trial neophyte.

MOO

Yes, and the owner would most likely have recorded activity trend. So why did LE not do more? Was it because the last known coordinates were that of a Aviation Dynasty? MOO

The texts were kind of confusing as to whether the Bobcat was moved before or after LE showed up at the hangar. If they showed up after it was moved then there could be all kinds of explanations ...a contractor who was doing landscaping showed up with the stolen Bobcat around the vicinity of the hangar, the people who stole the Bobcat stopped at the end of Jetliner Ct to remove the GPS tracking system before heading on to it's end location...the GPS may have also tracked it to either of the businesses across the street, etc. And considering that WM was still alive and the hangar actually had a legit business with 25 employees working in it at the time, as well as contracted companies who may have still been working around the exterior, I'm sure LE didn't bother to get a warrant to search the premises further than what they may have been able to see from wherever they may have entered it.

They asked SS, who seemed to always be available as the lead man in the hangar despite the presence of the other MRO employees, and he said that there was no Bobcat in the hangar or left outside that he was aware of. Case closed.

MOO

Could be but I still think it was AM (I believe they said it was a roomate). Also SS's was helping DM since the beginning. I believe SS's police statement had him saying the eliminator was for the pet cremation venture. DM had already coached him IMO and knew SS would be the loyal drone he was and wasn't worried about him. All MOO

I agree, as DM said to SS he was the least of his worries, or something to that effect, IMO. I think it was AM that DM wanted CN to get in touch with to alter his testimony, so far at least, my opinion could change when I hear what others have to say, IMO. We know CN and AM were in contact immediately after the crime, and AM was arrested and DM likely got wind later just how much he talked to LE, IMO.

All MOO.

And how smart of DM to get mommy on the payroll stat. IMHO, he needed her around because she added a layer of credibility to the negotiations with the bank- IIRC, it was her name on the building permit application for the farm. Bro's from a different hoe? Hope she forgets to put money in his canteen account. MOO

The biggest advantage to having her in the business is that she gets up in the morning and shows up.
To guys like these, the word hoe is just another name for a woman but rhymes with bro. Another brilliant lyricist. IMO

Yes...the only one who went slightly off script and told LE that DM admitted to a plan to steal a truck and to the fact that he claimed that he did steal a truck was the one who was actually arrested for 1st degree murder. I wonder what SS may have been willing to provide if he'd also been arrested as someone involved that night? :waitasec:

MOO

The texts were kind of confusing as to whether the Bobcat was moved before or after LE showed up at the hangar. If they showed up after it was moved then there could be all kinds of explanations ...a contractor who was doing landscaping showed up with the stolen Bobcat around the vicinity of the hangar, the people who stole the Bobcat stopped at the end of Jetliner Ct to remove the GPS tracking system before heading on to it's end location...the GPS may have also tracked it to either of the businesses across the street, etc. And considering that WM was still alive and the hangar actually had a legit business with 25 employees working in it at the time, as well as contracted companies who may have still been working around the exterior, I'm sure LE didn't bother to get a warrant to search the premises further than what they may have been able to see from wherever they may have entered it.

They asked SS, who seemed to always be available as the lead man in the hangar despite the presence of the other MRO employees, and he said that there was no Bobcat in the hangar or left outside that he was aware of. Case closed.

MOO

I agree - great points as usual! :) DM also mentions having to do damage control here in these tweets. I wonder if WM was asked by LE about a bobcat, and/or he WM saw it and asked DM about it? Perhaps that is why DM had to scramble to do get back to the hangar to "damage control" with WM after LE visited and then left the hangar?

bbm

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Oct 20, 2912. Millard texts say10 phone "there's a GPS on that bobcat!" Says Shane found it. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"I haven't slept, went right back to airport to do damage control," he writes. "Only me you & Shane know about GPS. Let's keep it that way."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Then Shaner texts: "cops just left." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 30s30 seconds ago
Oct 20 2012 millard wants bob cat moved to farm. police come looking for it. Has GPS. Shane found it. Cops just left hangar. @AM900CHML

All MOO.

I don't believe WM was "hiding debts" that was just DM's excuse to fire all employees (except for the loyal Schlatman). He just wasn't able to get his mitts on as much ready cash as he would have liked, as it was tied up in assets.

Also, he was probably trying to downplay his wealth to his cronies, who he still wanted to go on missions with, to steal, rather than actually buy his toys. He got his kicks from stealing (and killing) and that was not going to stop until he got caught.

I don't think WM was hiding debts because it was none of DM's business what debts WM had. He did sell the Derry Rd house that once belonged to CM, took out a mortgage on the hangar and a substantial loan against the Riverside house in the process of this new business venture so it doesn't appear that he was "hiding" anything. He was using and liquidating his assets to get financial backing to start the business. And I think it was that final loan against the Riverside house, that DM seemed to love so much (I believe this was the home he grew up in as a young child), that sent him over the edge regarding what his father was doing with the "family coffers" and which cost WM his life. DM didn't want this business and he certainly didn't want to work at this business. He wanted everything to stay the same as it was at the old hangar. Which was pretty much him and his minions having the complete run of the hangar day and night with no one to bother them and a very large line of credit on various company credit cards to spend whatever he needed. Oh and perhaps a salary from a non existent MillardAir to cover the expenses that the MillardAir credit cards did not. Which before WM died, did not include the expenses of the hangar and home properties that he didn't own.

So yeah, once WM died and DM was in charge of the expenses, he got a rude awakening at just how much they were. But that was not because his father "hid" them from him. It was because up until that point, he had no desire to know what they were as long as his credit cards were usable and he and his friends were still in what he considered to be the "business" of "missions".

I have no doubt now that MB was helping DM to liquidate assets and that the Maplegate house was being renovated to be sold, the hangar was going to be rented and put up for sale after the drive shed was built at the farm to put all his "toys" in, and that DM was going to live at Riverside, collecting income from the rent in the other units there, the investment income from the sale of the house and hangar, and run his "business" out of the drive shed at the farm.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members