Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3 2012, a message from Millard phone to Shaner: "Special project: Either after hours tonight or early tomorrow morning discreetly change the lock on the hangar entrance. I'll want 3 keys, 1 for me, 1 for you, 1 spare to be kept in the key cabinet."
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

In a message from the Millard phone: "Still under a lot of pressure, turns out my dad was hiding debts."
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

Oh snap! So he allegedly kills WM, and then it turns out there's no golden egg and he's mad?

Lots of nastiness in these texts.

Zactly what I was thinking too .... a big OOOPS moment for DM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Dec. 3, 2012. Millard to Smich: Yea organizing a funeral and the layoff of 15 employees...

Dec. 10, 2012. Millard: "my dad's death has put the financial scores to me, 2 weeks ago we were employing over 25 people..."

...and renegotiating deals with banks is a few days work, a lot's happening fast.

Dec. 24, 2012. "Dell" texts "Mark's" new phone number to Marlena. #Bosma

Dec. 6, 2012. Shaner to Millard: I am very happy working for you...Millard: Still under a lot of pressure, turns out my dad was hiding debts

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
Harrison is back on the stand and the jury has returned. #Bosma

While it certainly looks bad for SS, I suspect the reason he was never charged has something to do with LE not being able to prove he actually knew the Bobcat was stolen. It seems obvious he did, but seeming obvious and proving it are two different things.

moo

There also isn't a trial or charges for the bobcat theft, it's being used as evidence in TB's murder, to fry the bigger fish. SS is much more valuable as a witness than in jail charged with a petty theft. I'm sure if there was any evidence that he helped them steal TB's truck and was involved in the murder, he'd have been charged for that involvement.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Jury back. Det Cst Greg Harrison still in witness box being questioned by the crown. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
And we're back. Now seeing texts from Jan 2013. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s23 seconds ago
Jan. 4, 2013. Millard talking about selling off assets of Millardair "to keep RBC happy."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
Jan4, 2013. Messages to 'Rabbit' and 'Robert Koz' re: business. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 32s32 seconds ago
More texts from the Millard phone suggesting he was in financial hot water talking about the "sale of assets" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 27s27 seconds ago
March 15, 2013. Millard to Shaner: what was cost of material on BBQ trailer?

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
More texts from the Millard phone suggesting he was in financial hot water talking about the "sale of assets" #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 44s44 seconds ago
@ColinButlerCBC from MillardAir

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s40 seconds ago
#Bosma jury back to see more msgs from #Millard phone. Lots of financial dealings, lots on the incinerator.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
April 5, 2013. Convo w Kowalski. Too long and tangential to relay here. #Bosma

Yeah. I understand why some folks undertake devil's advocacy on behalf of the guys in the gang who aren't on trial for murder, but I still feel they were all pretty scummy.
It's like an upscale version of the Trailer Park Boys, but without any of the humour. :moo:

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s41 seconds ago
Long text exchanges here that are very confusing. Seems I'm not the only one confused. Judge asks jury to step out. #Bosma

Here are Laura's and Wayne's starting threads, respectively. Those threads/cases are locked for now, I guess until the trials (not a mod).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Smich-charged-w-Murder-in-the-First-Degree-1

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ard-Charged-with-Murder-in-the-First-Degree-1

Edited to add: Wow, I didn't realize (we? the police? someone?) put Laura's disappearance together so quickly with DM.

BBM - I believe it was her ex-boyfriend who sounded the alarm bells once DM was arrested.....IIRC he had tried to talk to DM about her disappearance and gotten nowhere.....once this all came out people actually listened to him....MOO

So daddy dearest was hiding debts........ I would call it hiding debts in plain sight ..:lol:Geez DM definitely time to learn more about business starting with the in's & out's of a bank loan....pardon the pun.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
texts from #Millard "2013 is gonna be all business. 2014/15 will be for inventions!" Says he needs 100,000 per month to get out of hole

It's difficult because we are getting the texts one phone at a time, so conversations are disjointed. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Bosma jury is dismissed for the day. Harrison will be back to finish examination in chief tomorrow morning. Today's details 6pm @CHCHNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Bosma jury is dismissed for the day. Harrison will be back to finish examination in chief tomorrow morning. Today's details 6pm @CHCHNews

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Some housekeeping to do, so the jury is being dismissed for the day.

They'll be back tmrw at 10am. Harrison, too, will return then. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
texts from #Millard "2013 is gonna be all business. 2014/15 will be for inventions!" Says he needs 100,000 per month to get out of hole

Hey DM, might want to start with an actual engineering background. Just a thought.

Thanks for tweet transcribing today.

that was a chilling day of evidence. Maybe because I am a mother to two little boys, I find myself really feeling for the parents of the accused and their posse. I look at my little boys' sweet faces and see nothing but big, shiny futures. I wonder if these parents did too. It's heartbreaking how awful people can be to each other.

So daddy dearest was hiding debts........ I would call it hiding debts in plain sight ..:lol:Geez DM definitely time to learn more about business starting with the in's & out's of a bank loan....pardon the pun.
DM speaks as if WM had to report to him about his finances. I personally find the conversation about having to plan his dad's funeral- like get him cremated and then have a reception at a restaurant 2 weeks later? He couldn't even plan the funeral- IIRC, DM got the notice in the newspaper the same day the reception was. MOO

He was out of the country from the end of July through to the middle of August I think? But I'd imagine a LOT of texts from July 2012 apply to the LB case.

MOO

Just like he planned to be out of the country at the end of May 2013. MOO

that was a chilling day of evidence. Maybe because I am a mother to two little boys, I find myself really feeling for the parents of the accused and their posse. I look at my little boys' sweet faces and see nothing but big, shiny futures. I wonder if these parents did too. It's heartbreaking how awful people can be to each other.

Funny...as the evidence piles and roils so darkly, the mothers have frequently been on my mind too. I imagine terrible and building feelings of despair, shame, helplessness, guilt, anger and second guessing. I'm sure DM's mom in particular bought his earnest explanations of innocence. What a journey it must be from there to here. What a thing to have your one and only child become such a morally vacuous menace to society. I really do believe that virtually every parent wants the best for their children and does the best they're able within their own limitations at any given point. We're just not in control of every variable and some problems are just way beyond what a parent can grapple with. There will be books written about this increasingly unbelievable set of events and maybe then we will learn more about the genesis of it all.

Based on the evidence to date, and especially the texts we've seen today, MS was most likely the one that pulled the trigger. But DM was the monster that enabled this whole tragedy.

SS lied.

MS was a willing partner and was expecting rewards

AM most likely knew a lot more, although the text about keeping the knowledge of the GPS between DM, MS and SS is very telling of who DM trusted when the heat was on.

I am surprised to see DM suggesting Arthur as a spotter? Guess his mom let him go out after 9pm.

Still plenty of evidence to come. MOO

I think if anything it would just prove to the Jury that SS lied thru his teeth. Imagine that- he even entertained LE way back then! IMHO, anything SS said was one big pile of you know what! MOO

Well, now I understand why SS chose to cover his face when leaving court.:liar: I can say so much more but would probably be banned so I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214