Bosma Murder Trial 04.19.16 - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pretty sure the trailer description is a reference to one of the Pooh stories, in which Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit's front door when leaving after a visit (he had eaten so much honey, you see), and Rabbit hangs kitchen towels on his legs after a while. He is eventually unstuck, but not before Christopher Robin is called in to save the day. IMO.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Actually, in the film version, Rabbit hangs antlers on his butt.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 2.06.42 PM.png

I believe the reference is that the trailer looks like Winnie the Pooh with his bum stuck in the garage door. In the story Pooh gets stuck going through Rabbits hole. Not wanting to look at Pooh's bum for days, Rabbit puts a frame around him and mounts a pair of antlers on him.

Edited for accuracy.

Good catch andreww! [video=youtube;HlbdMWJ57H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbdMWJ57H4[/video]

@ 1:23... also may shed some light into the nickname, Rabbit. Some intimiate childhood meaning. Or is that too normal?

Actually, in the film version, Rabbit hangs antlers on his butt.

View attachment 92143
Yes, I just saw that! So they must have been fans of the film. My kids and I are the, "Didn't see the movie but I did read the book" type people. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

So that all makes sense. Rabbit = MB, Trailer = Pooh, Frame = Garage, and Antlers = Antlers.

Maybe MB tried to speak to DM as an adult, and that didn't work, so she resorted to baby talk to cajole him into telling her what was going on.

In addition -- i really think this guy has a higher chance to get off with 2nd degree murder because everything reeks of really poor planning. He's definitely not an "evil genius" who was able to evade police for years, so his lawyer is sort of correct in the sense that everything was "out in the open". But it's not because of his innocence, its because of the nature of his sickness. Lawyer probably knows he's screwed, they might be making a play for 2nd degree.

In addition -- i really think this guy has a higher chance to get off with 2nd degree murder because everything reeks of really poor planning. He's definitely not an "evil genius" who was able to evade police for years, so his lawyer is sort of correct in the sense that everything was "out in the open". But it's not because of his innocence, its because of the nature of his sickness. Lawyer probably knows he's screwed, they might be making a play for 2nd degree.

If it's planned, even poorly, it's first degree. (And it was definitely planned.)

Interesting theory, but I think if any kind of mental plea is going to be entered, it needs to be done up front. Both sides need the opportunity to do Psychiatric assessments, and I don't think thats happened.

Good catch andreww! [video=youtube;HlbdMWJ57H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbdMWJ57H4[/video]

@ 1:23... also may shed some light into the nickname, Rabbit. Some intimiate childhood meaning. Or is that too normal?

Maybe MB bounces too much in her turns when she is skiing. Might happen.

I think committing murder while in the process of another crime is first degree as well? correct me if im wrong. Anyway i'm not too concerned about the technicalities of the sentencing, i'm just trying to understand the mindset. The crime is just too senseless for these idiots not to serve life. Also RE: his friends -- its really sad that the lot of them are just being used to "fry the big fish" instead of ALL of them being charged. Who's to say they wont link up with the next psycho and help him fulfill his desires? They've already proven they have no issue going along with it ALL THE WAY in the past (still BSING in their testimony -- ALL OF THEM). This case is almost making vigilante justice sound like a legitimate alternative for our society -- there seems to be a lack of "corrective punishment" in their lives. I guess this is why dexter was such a popular show.

I dunno how today's developments would make someone lean towards that to be honest -- pushing me in the opposite direction. Poorly planned is still planned.

The biggest to me was that he wasn't concerned about leaving a trail for law enforcement. Even psycho's are afraid of being caught and put in jail, this guy is just delusional -- which is why i made references to psychosis in the past. It's just strange behavior even for cold blooded killers. Which is why my theory is that drugs just totally broke something in his brain (which is NOT an excuse for the things he did: he was probably always a psycho) but lately he probably completely lost all fear and decided he can do whatever he wants and that nothing will happen, no consequences. For me that's not a "natural" state, even for "cold blooded killers". I've seen enough documentaries on real serial killers, and the vast majority of them go through meticulous steps to avoid capture (they are also usually SOBER during these crimes). I dont think this guy enjoyed killing Tim, i think he just literally didn't care and really assumed that "everything will be ok", which is kind of the delusion that some drugs offer to people -- mixed with the fact that he committed enough crimes in the past (including alledgedly murdering two seperate people) and thought he got away with it. With all of that said, OBVIOUSLY he's a freak with or without drugs.

MY TWO CENTS.

Drug use is a thing that's reached for a lot here, and whether or not anyone thinks it strongly influenced their behavior, the fact of the matter is the only drug we've heard about directly seems to be weed. If either one of them had a hard drug habit, I feel certain we would have heard about it, picked up on references in all the text messages, or seen evidence of non-pot paraphernalia.

It's one thing to say there were parties with drugs, but it's countered by the fact that there's no talk of pills or pill bottles, vials, powders, needles etc in the seized evidence and scenes so far.

I'm afraid to ask what "mission digestion" was on May 7. :sick:

IMO, just likely means the main mission was getting the truck, and "mission digestion" is doing what is necessary to get the truck painted, swapped with the other red Ram's VIN, and getting it in working order again.

Drug use is a thing that's reached for a lot here, and whether or not anyone thinks it strongly influenced their behavior, the fact of the matter is the only drug we've heard about directly seems to be weed. If either one of them had a hard drug habit, I feel certain we would have heard about it, picked up on references in all the text messages, or seen evidence of non-pot paraphernalia.

DM alluded to heroin use. “I’m either going to sleep or doing heroin,” the friend quoted Mr. Millard as saying a year ago. (http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says)

You can be sure that DM was likely a hard drug user, he fits a certain profile, and at least trying hard drugs is usually near top of the hobby list for those people.

I dont think citing hard drug use would help the crowns case one bit.

It strikes me as telling that when DM said "mission digestion", CN simply replied "lol mission digestion" as if she knew exactly what he was talking about.

Any ideas on what was with the "nvm" when she made that joke about the paper shredder? Didn't seem like it was a joke that went over well.

IMO, just likely means the main mission was getting the truck, and "mission digestion" is doing what is necessary to get the truck painted, swapped with the other red Ram's VIN, and getting it in working order again.

Hopefully that's all he meant. I was imagining cremains being "digested" in a chemical solution in one of those barrels in the barn.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Back from lunch. Legal arguments underway now before the jury returns. #Bosma

About MB:

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
Neither Crown nor defence has ever said she is under subpoena. So jury does not know for sure she will be a witness.

It strikes me as telling that when DM said "mission digestion", CN simply replied "lol mission digestion" as if she knew exactly what he was talking about.

Any ideas on what was with the "nvm" when she made that joke about the paper shredder? Didn't seem like it was a joke that went over well.
DM
That's not how I read it, but that's just MO. I think she's just a naive, star-struck, youngun, who in this case is just laughing at the term "mission digestion" for how stupid/silly it sounds. I think DM likely made it sound vague, so that she'd laugh it off and just dismiss it as "typical Dellen".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member