Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tell a man there are five hundred million stars in the universe & he'll believe you. But tell him a fence has just been painted & he'll have to touch it first."

Not to sound insensitive, but do we have proof she was abused?

Both BD and Marlena's sister said he was good to her. They did say MS was abusive towards her in front of others. Who? DM?

MOO

This isn't a domestic violence case so she's not required to provide proof that she was abused. The defence probably did find this information out from DM and this is being used to prove MS was capable of violence and thus capable of killing TB. IMO

I think MM's sister was never asked the question directly as to whether she was abused..she did say she would not attend a wedding if she married Smich.

So the word of a proven liar should not be challenged?

Don't get me wrong, abuse is not far above murder IMO. We just have not seen or heard any evidence of this abuse, and it has been stated that it was in front of others.

I understand the emotions and gravity of the situation, but I also understand the emotions of being wrongly accused. Are you not curious of the proof? The claim has a big impact on her testimony.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
"He hit you. He called you names. He called you his *****." Ya. Meneses sighs.In front of others. Humiliating.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If it is about her saying it was in front of others, while BD and MS's other friends on the stand says otherwise, that doesn't negate or disprove what she said to me. She didn't say he called her those things in front of his friends. He just did it in front of others. It could very well have been hidden from their inner circle but say, at the grocery store he was horrible to her in front of "others".

All, MOO.

This isn't a domestic violence case so she's not required to provide proof that she was abused. The defence probably did find this information out from DM and this is being used to prove MS was capable of violence and thus capable of killing TB. IMO

Yeah! Like DM would never lie about that. MOO

I understand the emotions and gravity of the situation, but I also understand the emotions of being wrongly accused. Are you not curious of the proof? The claim has a big impact on her testimony.

"He hit you. He called you names. He called you his *****." Ya. Meneses sighs.In front of others. Humiliating.

IMO it would have been to the Crown's advantage to bring this out, if it could be substantiated. Fear of MS would have explained all her lies, both on and off the stand. As it is, I think Sachak is just trying to suggest that MS is violent by nature, and could and did hurt another human being.

Sigh...I know these abusive relationships have many complexities and those of us who are not involved will never truly understand them....but it pains me every time I hear about or read about a woman who is being abused yet they choose to stay. She even wanted to have his baby!!! I can't even fathom what it would be like if one of my daughters grows up, is in an abusive relationship and chooses not to leave. I guess my wife and I are responsible for laying that ground work and building that self esteem while they are still young and as they grow. MOO

I don't doubt that Smich was capable of smacking her around, but I also don't doubt that she would lie about such things so as to have some sort of excuse as to why she followed him so devoutly. Not really believing much out of this girls mouth, and I think if enough cash was proffered, she could get the gun and Smich's phone by the end of the day.

Court now back in session. Sachak's cross-examination continuing.
by Adam Carter 3:47 PM

"Tell a man there are five hundred million stars in the universe & he'll believe you. But tell him a fence has just been painted & he'll have to touch it first."

Not to sound insensitive, but do we have proof she was abused?

Both BD and Marlena's sister said he was good to her. They did say MS was abusive towards her in front of others. Who? DM?

MOO

Now this statement I might throw bricks at. She testified to abuse herself. That is proof enough. Too many people never believe the victim! Of course he would have some days he'd act good. That's actually a trait of a sociopath anyhow. MOO OMG.

I expect Dungey to call MM a liar for claiming that she was abused, reference the testimony by others that he treated her well and go back to what he said earlier about MS helping her get out of another abusive relationship and drug problems. This whole abuse thing is making me really really sad.

Even if it came from DM, MM is saying yes MS did abuse and hit her and do all these things. She has proven today that if she doesn't agree with a statement or question that she will speak up or get feisty in court. I doubt she is nodding along and agreeing abuse happened if it never really happened.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If it is about her saying it was in front of others, while BD and MS's other friends on the stand says otherwise, that doesn't negate or disprove what she said to me. She didn't say he called her those things in front of his friends. He just did it in front of others. It could very well have been hidden from their inner circle but say, at the grocery store he was horrible to her in front of "others".

All, MOO.

My opinion is that I don't know what to believe from MM. She has been caught lying about almost everything. The last thing was the cell phone cancellation. I am not denying it happened, just that out of the mouth of a liar, it needs to be questioned. MOO

That's like when you call police to say my neighbour threatened me and they say, we have to catch him in the act. OMG. Are you implying she needs to be seen being slapped or have reported bruses to police? Hope not. MS is what he is IMO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
And we're back. Sachak reminding Meneses she's under oath. She's aware. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
She cancelled that phone. It was her decision. Smich had no say in it. Didn't direct/order her to cancel it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Meneses testimony today is clear, Sachak has her agree. She cancelled #Smich phone independently.

But she knew he wanted it cancelled too.

Meneses now agrees #Smich knew she was going to cancel the phone. They had a conversation about it before.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak suggests she just spent 15/20 mins arguing the opposite--that he didn't even know.

Ask yourself why she is agreeing that she was physically abused? Yes, DM can lie but why would she corroborate DM's lies? She doesn't seem to be throwing MS under the bus.

Court now seeing an extraction report from Meneses' phone from May 13, 2013. "Ok, so cancel this phone its done now," reads a message from Smich, Meneses says.
by Adam Carter 3:48 PM

Sachak says this shows that Meneses and Smich had a prior discussion about cancelling the phone. She agrees.
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

One of the messages Meneses sent to Smich that day was "Okay call me from someone else phone yours won't work anymore I love you."
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

But she still says that was the truth. He didn't know she was going to do it. #Bosma

Meneses doesn't seem to understand Sachak is pointing at inconsistencies in her statements.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak: "Mark didn't know anything about it? He had no prior knowledge--"
Meneses: "he knew I was going to do it."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Now seeing texts between she and an unknown number. She gets a text "ok so cancel this phone it's done now." That's Mark, she says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
May 13, 2013, text msg: "Ok so cancel this phone its done now"

This was on May 13. "Mark is directing you to cancel it," Sachak says. She agrees. #Bosma

Just want to point out that the 'in front of others' and 'humiliating' are NOT in quotes and could be reporter comment meaning humiliating for her to admit in the court room.

I am curious to know at which point in her statements that she opened up with knowing more.

So many seem to be out with pitchforks against her for lying when to me it just fits in with her being abused. That's why she wouldn't go to the police before MS was arrested. He would have probably lost his mind on her if she did that.

Once she knew he was in jail and there was proof to keep him there, I feel like this is when she would have opened up to police about more. I can understand her being terrified to speak against MS if she thought he could possibly get out later that day or week.

All, MOO.

#Smich sent that message, Meneses says.

#Smich sent that message, Meneses says.

Then there's a call to 611. That's Fido she says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
The couple discussed cancelling the phone. "Okay call me from someone else phone yours won't work anymore I love you." - Meneses text

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Then she texts "the phone won't work anymore. Just saying. Im on the line now." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
There are also entries showing texts to "my lover" (the cancelled number) that we can't see. entries showing up as blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214