Bosma Murder Trial 04.26.16 - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CN has no choice but to drop all her incriminating information on DM. Its quite obvious that she was enthralled with DM like the others. I find it hard to find any theories which she could state to implicate MS more then anything presented thus far. It's either she spills the beans, and in doing so earn some points for herself in her own upcoming case, or she stands by whatever sick pact she has/had with DM, in which case she will still not save DM from 1st, and will damage any chance she has to walk away from all this.

My bet is on BOMBSHELL evidence being presented by CN, I bet within the first few minutes we will be amazed, perplexed and mournful for the Bosma's.

DM's D wont have much to work with but once Dungey gets up there, he will make her state she was another pawn like MS, AM, SS. Manipulated, coerced and oblivious to DM's true intentions. It could very well be that CN provides the proof MS needs.

CN needs to realize this is a serious crime and she needs to behave like a normal human being would, not like a scummy, loser, liar, lowlife, unemployed 20-something as most other witnesses have turned out to be. She seems to be the only witness who actually attended university, so maybe she has some sense of conscience, what's wrong and what's right. Killing an innocent man for a used truck? Not right thing to do. Helping DM dispose of evidence? Not good.

Sorry if this has been previously posted - but I just had a thought? Do you think the trial is scheduled to be over and verdict reached by the upcoming 3 year anniversary- may 6th is next week? I would love for the guilty verdict to be announced before May 6th so that the Bosma family can have their closure and justice served!

nope the tear on your face doesn't symbolize you killed someone in gangster culture. It symbolizes the death of someone close to you; usually through murder.

or to quote a favourite musician of mine: Tom Waits (song Ninth and Hennepin)

They all started out with bad directions
And the girl behind the counter has a tattooed tear
One for every year he's away she said, such
A crumbling beauty, but there's
Nothing wrong with her that
$100 won't fix

CN needs to realize this is a serious crime and she needs to behave like a normal human being would, not like a scummy, loser, liar, lowlife, unemployed 20-something as most other witnesses have turned out to be. She seems to be the only witness who actually attended university, so maybe she has some sense of conscience, what's wrong and what's right. Killing an innocent man for a used truck? Not right thing to do. Helping DM dispose of evidence? Not good.

I absolutely agree. If she comes clean it will show some degree of normality. But that being said, no normal person would have been allured by DM and his fantasies.

Although, after seeing her recent pictures, she appears to have rapidly aged. This to me indicates an internal conflict, perhaps she finally swallowed the truth pill and realized what a deviant group she was apart of.

Even if she cooperates and tries to wipe the slate clean, she will never physically or mentally recover from what she has done.

In all fairness, IMHO, not all the witnesses have been uneducated and/or unemployed people living off the scraps that DM cast their way. I believe AM and RB had graduated from College with a trade and were working on their apprenticeships. IIRC, they were both working full time jobs and were not working for DM. Then we have LW1- she seemed to have a successful bookkeeping business, until NS informed her that she was just shy of being incompetent, RB is a successful veterinarian, LW2 seemed to be a successful and busy real estate agent, SS, sounds like he could be a "licensed" auto mechanic, CN just graduated last year from York University and if the inside shots of the house in Oakville and the Riverside apartments are an example, JV seems to be a pretty talented general contractor. AM was unemployed at the time he testified, but he was going back to school at the end of this month. Those who were definitely unemployed? MH, MS and BD. IIRC, MM was working PT at Metro. Of course, DM had a job on paper- but IMHO, he was just as unemployed as the other 3. MOO.

So MM was into coke and she goes to stay/live at DM's house with Smich where there was coke around (apparently). Sorry, this testimony is a mess IMO. She knows the gun is DM's but knows that Smich handles and takes photos of himself holding the gun. Sigh. JMO

I highly doubt she could tell one gun from the other. What is she, a gun expert?

Sorry if this has been previously posted - but I just had a thought? Do you think the trial is scheduled to be over and verdict reached by the upcoming 3 year anniversary- may 6th is next week? I would love for the guilty verdict to be announced before May 6th so that the Bosma family can have their closure and justice served!

In the past I've seen people referring to the "defense getting their turn", but when I've asked exactly what that means, haven't gotten an answer. Closing arguments? Anyone know?

Hard for me to believe it would be over that soon. May is next week.

I know right? I wish lawyers were able to dig more into this. I would like to know "how did you know the gun was DM's exactly".

When someone professes to know something so incriminating it would be nice to have something to back up their statements. So much heresay and contradictions, interwoven into just 1 or 2 statements and they are like "ok next question.:"

And don't forget his text to her just before arriving, that if she was not out on time he was leaving. Doesn't sound like a happy camper to me.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
Then there is a discussion about a ride/picking someone up. "Come out now!" "Hurry up" are sent from the iPad. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
"If you not outin 5 I'm leaving" reads another outgoing message. #Bosma

MOO

You could also take this the other way...Both running on an adrenaline high.. DM pumped and excited to get back and get working on the truck. Get moving on his "plan". DM may have been miffed that he had to run this little errand for MS.

Im no expert but besides DM getting up there with a bunch of BS, which seems unlikely but plausible, or MS getting up there and pointing the finger at DM, which might just happen, the defence does not have much to draw upon. Their cross examinations have been very weak, apart from Dungey's attempts at empathy towards MS.

To me this indicates they don't have much hope to win and are just fulfilling their duties to the bar. I could be wrong but I expect after the last cross exam, "the defence rests".

Let's just say DM and MS are convicted, could they still be called as witnesses for CN trial? Do they get to come out of lock up to testify at her trial? Here why I ask, if she throws them under the bus then they can do the same when she is on trial? Unless they are not able to testify in her trial if they are locked up ?

Let's just say DM and MS are convicted, could they still be called as witnesses for CN trial? Do they get to come out of lock up to testify at her trial? Here why I ask, if she throws them under the bus then they can do the same when she is on trial? Unless they are not able to testify in her trial if they are locked up ?

Interesting/fascinating question.

Although I guess if you're convicted of murder your testimony may not be taken that seriously.

I know right? I wish lawyers were able to dig more into this. I would like to know "how did you know the gun was DM's exactly".

When someone professes to know something so incriminating it would be nice to have something to back up their statements. So much heresay and contradictions, interwoven into just 1 or 2 statements and they are like "ok next question.:"

I may be wrong, but with all of the "inner circle" kids, I don't think anyone is expecting them to be a verified expert in firearms or forensics or whatever. I think the tacit understanding is they are just stating what they *believe* to be true.

There is still the furniture and sausage text that has me 99.8% sure he knew. DM is a 100%.

Ok..someone save me...I TOTALLY missed a furniture and sausage text while I was peaking in and out at work...Could SKS (Some kind soul) please point me to this.
TIA

In the past I've seen people referring to the "defense getting their turn", but when I've asked exactly what that means, haven't gotten an answer. Closing arguments? Anyone know?

Hard for me to believe it would be over that soon. May is next week.
If CN doesn't hit the stand until Thursday, the 28th, I think it's safe to make the assumption that they may not finish up with her, including legal arguments until Thursday May 5th. At that point, the Crown may rest it's case, but we don't know if either of the D's are going to present any evidence, including but not limited to MS or DM taking the stand in their own defence. Everyone gets closing arguments, then the Judges instructions to the Jury- IMHO, the Jury may not be sequestered until mid May- MOO.

Yes, and not only that he was going to steal a truck, but actually being stupid enough to ask AM if he should steal it from the @$$hole or the nice guy. Wow. Pretty damning, that not only was their a plan to steal A truck, but there was a plan to target one of the 2 kijiji sellers, and on a specific day as well. And then coupled with him exchanging vehicles to ensure he had all of the appropriate towing hitches available, and asking about the generator to operate the fan on the incinerator, it pretty much all fits together to equal premeditation. I would have also liked to hear from MAir's propane supplier to see when he got the tank(s) filled. And no *wonder* he wanted MS to get his driver's licence. moo

I noticed there is a big propane tank now on the property that wasn't in the 2013 Google maps photo. You have a good point.

My theory (unfounded as yet) was he went for a propane run when he was missing 30 min from the hangar. I know bbq tanks aren't big enough which is why he'd need half a dozen and just change them over like a camping trailer that uses 2 you keep changing. Today I walked by some at a store and there was just a lock on the cage that bolt cutters may have been able to get through. IMO

Ok..someone save me...I TOTALLY missed a furniture and sausage text while I was peaking in and out at work...Could SKS (Some kind soul) please point me to this.
TIA

I believe it was last week, possibly the week before that. It's pretty much exactly how it sounds, but I'm not sure it would have been written up in the mainstream media coverage, maybe even out of respect for the family. It was definitely covered in tweets, though, the day they gave extensive data dumps on the recovered text messages.

I'll do a quick google anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member