Bosma Murder Trial 04.28.16 - Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brightii ... stay strong to your opinion ... I am right there with you. At this point there is only the cell pings, a grainy video and some circumstantial evidence to prove MS was guilty of 1st degree murder. As a juror, I do not think that would be enough to send someone away to jail for life. In addition, the letters from DM point to him trying to frame MS, which makes the previous evidence even flakier.

Only? What about the fact that he showed up in the BOSMA yard for a test drive and Bosma didn't return home. Doesn't matter if he pulled the trigger or knew it would happen, a murder during a robbery is MURDER ONE. He's fully responsible for everything that happens the second he decides to go on the test drive. And correct me if I'm wrong, but his defense team has done nothing to deny he was there.

So what do we think about Smich's chances now? Not sure what to make of this exchange? Is he trying to get someone to falsely implicate Smich?
To me it felt like he was trying to put words in someone's mouth, to implicate MS. That I can recall, we've heard nothing about MS giving DM the toolbox, but if he could convince one of his merry men to say it, rather than coming from him, he could deflect suspicion away from him.

IMO I think this really opens the door for MS to take the stand and possibly get a lesser charge. DM would be torn apart, but I think MS might have a shot, esp given that he has the superior representation between the two. The defence presenting their case will be very interesting.

All my own opinion.

Interesting ...Snooper>>>I agree ...DELLEN must be amazed that all his personal Thoughts are now being read in COURT....Why did she not DESTORY these letters JMHO...Man she knew she would end up at Court ...as soon as she was arreseted or even before MOST PPL would destroy any evidence especially letters from Dellen ...
JMHO ...wow is all I have to say ...again JMHO...Dellen was charged with 3 counts of MURDER...Most PPL would run to hide if not destroy all these letters...JMHO again...I would not want to be involved....IMO I would NOT want to end up in JAIL..IMHO robynhood....

Only? What about the fact that he showed up in the BOSMA yard for a test drive and Bosma didn't return home. Doesn't matter if he pulled the trigger or knew it would happen, a murder during a robbery is MURDER ONE. He's fully responsible for everything that happens the second he decides to go on the test drive. And correct me if I'm wrong, but his defense team has done nothing to deny he was there.

In Canada, a murder during a robbery isn't "Murder one" or first degree murder. One that occurs when kidnapping or forcible confinement is first degree murder, though.

Information about her knowledge of what transpired would not be things that would be redacted since the letters are being used as evidence of this witness and what she knows. There would need to be a reason for the redaction. What had been said in trial by the judge to the jurors was along the lines that the blacked out information was not information that was admissible in this trial and they were not to speculate on what it said.
In what seems to make sense in this trial is that evidence related to the murders of WM and LB are not admissible. It would also make sense to me that at some point, he would be talking to her about his other murder charges in these letters that he is sharing a lot and there is nothing in these letters that mention LB, WM or other charges he is facing.
Just my deductions and opinion :)

That's definitely supported by the fact the other charges are something "the province" did.

In Canada, a murder during a robbery isn't "Murder one" or first degree murder. One that occurs when kidnapping or forcible confinement is first degree murder, though.

Thanks, either way, he's guilty the second he agrees to take part in the robbery of a truck with a human inside of it. Plenty of text messages to prove MS was involved from the start.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
3rd letter. DM has lost shower privileges. Gave attitude to gaurd. "The regular gaurds like me. Compared to the nut jobs. I"m well. I"m me"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Tells of another prisoner who caused a commotion causing ISA team to be called. "In riot gear...Faggy Darth Vader want be's..."

oh boy...I sure hope plenty of Correctional Workers read what DM had to say about them.

And a quick Google search indicates that carjackers have been successfully convicted of forcible confinement. So the fact that it was an attempt to steal a car the victim was riding in seems to make first degree a simple argument from that angle. Regardless of the fact that Tim entered the truck voluntarily, I think it's reasonable to assume he withdrew his consent to be with the pair.

There is absolutely no proof to suggest he was either there (or not there) at the actual time of the shooting. Given that the shooting occurred in the truck and that MS was MOST LIKELY following behind in the Yukon, there is a chance he was not present at the time of the shooting. I believe that is enough to create reasonable double around 1st degree murder.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Noudga says she was in love with him at the time. Millard expressed love in "pretty much every one" of his letters.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 59s59 seconds ago
"Some day sooner or later X may be forced to give a statement, or be sepinaed (sic) to take the stand...."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s59 seconds ago
"I love you like I've never loved any other woman. I'm coming for you..."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Back to Dell's letter. Refers to "X" who "may be forced to give a statement." Leitch asks who X is. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s38 seconds ago
"X needs to know what the police already know so X doesn't say anything contrary...Police know Mark gave Dell a locked toolbox.."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 48s48 seconds ago
Letter says "police know Mark gave Dell a locked toolbox...they don't know if Dell was told the combination (he will say he did not)"

I found this a little confusing today. We all know, the toolbox belongs to DM. There's no question about that, so why is DM writing that Mark gave it to him, when it's already his? Not to mention the lock on it, which was known to BE on it, by DM's own friends who normally saw in DM's house.

Can someone clear this up for me?

And a quick Google search indicates that carjackers have been successfully convicted of forcible confinement. So the fact that it was an attempt to steal a car the victim was riding in seems to make first degree a simple argument from that angle. Regardless of the fact that Tim entered the truck voluntarily, I think it's reasonable to assume he withdrew his consent to be with the pair.

I agree. DM's initial charge was for forcible confinement so it still holds to why they are being tried for first degree murder.

[/B]

I found this a little confusing today. We all know, the toolbox belongs to DM. There's no question about that, so why is DM writing that Mark gave it to him, when it's already his? Not to mention the lock on it, which was known to BE on it, by DM's own friends who normally saw in DM's house.

This was part of the letter where it reads that DM was coaching about the story how he wanted it said that it happened. moo

[/B]

DM is talking in the third person about himself, saying what his cover story is. We know that the toolbox was DM's known drug box and definitely his. DM is trying to blame MS as the owner of the the toolbox/gun.

To me it felt like he was trying to put words in someone's mouth, to implicate MS. That I can recall, we've heard nothing about MS giving DM the toolbox, but if he could convince one of his merry men to say it, rather than coming from him, he could deflect suspicion away from him.

IMO I think this really opens the door for MS to take the stand and possibly get a lesser charge. DM would be torn apart, but I think MS might have a shot, esp given that he has the superior representation between the two. The defense presenting their case will be very interesting.

All my own opinion.

If it wasn't for the pictures he sent, and the fact that both MM and BD said that MS said "I f$&^% up", he would be in a better position to get a reduced charge. TD lead MM to agree that the statement meant going on a mission with DM. But it has also been pointed out that they were doing about a mission a month by that time.

Looking back on testimonies, BD's description of MS's mood when DM dropped him off has been puzzling. I take it that he was dropped off on the 9th after loading up the truck. MS booted it past BD without saying a word and went straight in the house. MM came out with BD's pot and told him/them they better leave. Something was very wrong with MS, and it was just after he probably was told by DM that AJ called CS.

Was that when MS started the "I f%$# up'd" ranting? If so, he could have been the one who pulled the trigger. MOO

IMO I think this really opens the door for MS to take the stand and possibly get a lesser charge. DM would be torn apart, but I think MS might have a shot, esp given that he has the superior representation between the two. The defence presenting their case will be very interesting.

All my own opinion.

I read the bolded line and it made me think about the Tori Stafford case and the lawyer representing MR. We tend to generalize defense lawyers and sometimes question how they can defend those who appear so guilty of horrendous crimes. To me it seemed that MR"s lawyer vigorously defended THE LAW, ensuring all the i's were dotted and t's crossed during the trial. He ensured MR had a fair trial that left little room for appeal. His sick, perverted client was locked away. Perhaps that's what DM's lawyers are doing as well. Other than DM's circle of friends, the vast majority of people aware of this case are sickened by the details and lack of compassion and humanity involved. I don't see DM's lawyers going all out to mount a fantastic defense ("it's all out in the open, he didn't try to hide anything"), I see them defending the law to the letter to ensure a fair trial. Maybe I'm wrong in that opinion.

I think Alex Pierson might have just witnessed that moment...

IMO she just described DM trying to squeeze out a tear. He's been observing so much grief here he's learning how do do it before our very eyes!

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 5m5 minutes ago
She met with Millard's mom, her mom dropped her off. And Madeleine burns told Noudga Millard was arrested for forcible confinement #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Burns asked if Noudga had been followed. Then tells her Millard was arrested for forcible confinement and theft of a truck. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
She says she thought it was a joke. Didn't understand. She said they then thought "ok the media's going to be here, so we went to a hotel."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
Burns lawyer told her media would be showing up so Noudga and Burns decided to move to a hotel. Noudga thought charges were "a joke" #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 6m6 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Noudga says she and Millard's mother figured the media would show up, so they moved to a hotel #Bosma #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
"Then we thought the media's going to be here, so we moved to a hotel." She says a lawyer told her that. Judge warns not to talk of lawyer.

If they didn't follow the media......She says they didn't look at any media because it was "too disturbing."

why would they think the media would come around for a stolen truck. Why the need to hide??? The bimbo liar, does she not realize that we call all see right through her testimony. She followed the media, she knew the truck was in the trailer, she knew why he was arrested. They got the hell away from the truck/trailer because they knew the LE were coming and soon!!! CN, not sure why you keep this game going.....your BF is done and so are you!!!

I am sorry BUT I must say what I am Thinking....JMHO ...as I read thru todays' trial....Dellen millard must be totally self Involved to sit in Jail for so may years and not think he is going to get out of the death Of Tim Bosma ....JMHO and MS is just as bad....I got to say after reading this for YEARS...JMHO they are totally Guilty .....! To all his friends reading this POST...I am wondering why someone has not told the LE what happened in detail...I believe many ppl reading this KNOW..JMHO....

WOW an innocent family man has died a horrible death that an indignant was done to his body ...Bosma's wife was given a shoe box of ashes ...No body to say good bye to or bury ...Horrible IMO...and PPL are reading this and KNOW...I am Horrified by this case...JMHO ...robynhood.....unreal where are ppl consciousness. .a little Girl will never know her DADDY...over a DAM RAM Truck...SMH a million times.....Robynhood

I think the redacted sections are related to his other charges. These are things that can't be said or shown during this trial. JMO

That could certainly be the case, but another reason (which may or may not apply here) would be if the passages excised referred to other persons not directly related to this case, such as other friends they had in common or whatever. Since some were relatively longer blocks of text, there could have been a few sentences along the lines of "Have you seen so-and-so and how is s/he doing?" which would have been deemed inadmissible. Innocent acquaintances wouldn't be dragged into this.

If they didn't follow the media......She says they didn't look at any media because it was "too disturbing."

why would they think the media would come around for a stolen truck. Why the need to hide??? The bimbo liar, does she not realize that we call all see right through her testimony. She followed the media, she knew the truck was in the trailer, she knew why he was arrested. They got the hell away from the truck/trailer because they knew the LE were coming and soon!!! CN, not sure why you keep this game going.....your BF is done and so are you!!!

LOL! He was arrested around 7:00 pm on the 10th. We still can't find any source that knew about the arrest until he was charged the next day at around 11:00 am.

There was no news of his arrest that night. The only thing the media published on the 10th was updated descriptions of the suspects. But what a great excuse to polish off a few bottles of wine.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members