Bosma Murder Trial 05.18.16 - Day 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if part of DM's defence strategy is to sic NS on him for days on end to exhaust him and confuse him to the point where MS will begin to show true contempt for DM via NS (more than MS already has). Then once NS has convinced MS that NS is just a lame lawyer unable to make his point, NS will pounce! NS will then use MS's dreadfully poor memory for important events against him. NS will say MS's demonstrated poor recall abilities (that MS has worked so hard to convince the jury are genuine) are real and must be caused by experiencing extreme trauma while in a drug and alcohol induced stupor or suffered some bad drug/alcohol interaction that caused MS to reach for his gun that of course DM had no idea he was carrying and then MS shockingly shot TB! NS will suggest convincingly that MS did kill TB, but because MS was so traumatized in the moment and after the fact that MS went into a state of shock and denial and now has no memory of what happened.

So MS's loyal big brother DM felt he had no choice but to help his troubled and impulsive and reckless little brother MS get out of the terribly tragic mess MS had made! Then of course DM scrambled to help MS by incinerating TB's body and hiding the truck inside the trailer at his mother's home and destroying evidence that could incriminate MS! DM was taking care of MS in the days after by giving him weed and visiting him to ensure he was ok. Who knows? If the jury believed such a tale, DM could be transformed from being seen as a maniacal menace to the misguided protector of MS for affording MS so much compassion and for risking his own freedom to help his best friend. Maybe NS would then point to how DM was trying to get psychotic drug and alcohol addicted MS professional help and DM regretted that he didn't succeed in getting MS help sooner.

Just a wild speculative defence strategy for DM, but I think my fiction would be more believable than what DM's defence has offered up so far, IMO.

All MOO.

Has anyone looked up the stats/blue book of the Cadillac? I've been picturing a junker based on the condition of DM's other vehicles and his implied willingness to part with it.

Don't know the blue book value, but it was mentioned in this thread earlier today that SS put it up for sale for $18,000.00. Will edit to add the post.

ETA: Sorry, unable to post a link, but it is post #132 in today's thread, in a comment amongst the tweets.

I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that CN had been prepared for an 'all nighter' but based on her freaking out and calling AM, MM had not been prepared for that. Slim support for MS not knowing?

Not according to MS. MS testified that he wasn't sure how many SIM cards he had, but there would be a "couple" of them and he would swap them out in the different phones. Three of the phones at MM's sister's house took SIM cards, but not one SIM card was found.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxyo_MC4bf28IMfFvSuu5ETlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=156108166

I get the distinct impression that MS is a lot more savvy about potential evidence than DM. Maybe DM has always skated by on the fine upstanding young man schtick that's worked in the past. He wasn't planning on any evidence of his victim being left to identify and may be unaware that other families become concerned when their loved ones don't come home.

I was also just thinking of the line of questioning involving MS not having a license, and why he would be driving a Yukon.

Didn't the GSR imply TB was shot from the drivers' side? Is DM's lawyer suggesting MS wouldn't have been driving the Yukon when DM shot TB, but we're supposed to believe MS "screwed up" by shooting TB while he was positioned to be driving the truck? Yeah, no, maybe not...

No, the expert witness could not state where the shot came from.
On Tuesday, court saw a diagram that showed 26 gunshot residue particles were found near the driver's seat of the truck on the roof liner, while 35 particles were found near the passenger's seat on the roof liner.
Ten particles were also found on the rear passenger side on the roof liner. Two particles were found on the passenger side front dash, one particle was found on the front driver's side door, one was found on the rear door on the driver's side and two were found on the rear passenger side door.

One particle was found on the rear seat on the passenger side, and one particle on the back of the seat on the rear passenger side.
Gerard also said he couldn't say where the shot was fired from. "You can't really use gunshot residue to determine firing angles. We're looking at microscopic particles that can drift with the air currents," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-gun-likely-fired-inside-truck-1.3481024

I'm wondering if part of DM's defence strategy is to sic NS on him for days on end to exhaust him and confuse him to the point where MS will begin to show true contempt for DM via NS (more than MS already has). Then once NS has convinced MS that NS is just a lame lawyer unable to make his point, NS will pounce! NS will then use MS's dreadfully poor memory for important events against him. NS will say MS's demonstrated poor recall abilities (that MS has worked so hard to convince the jury are genuine) are real and must be caused by experiencing extreme trauma while in a drug and alcohol induced stupor! NS will suggest convincingly that MS did kill TB, but because MS was so traumatized in the moment and after the fact that MS went into a state of shock and denial and his loyal big brother DM felt he had no choice but to help his troubled and impulsive and reckless little brother MS get out of the terribly tragic mess MS had made! Then of course DM scrambled to help MS by incinerating TB's body and hiding the truck inside the trailer at his mother's home and destroying evidence that could incriminate MS! DM was taking care of MS in the days after by giving him weed and visiting him to ensure he was ok. Who knows? If the jury believed such a tale, DM could be transformed from being seen as a maniacal menace to the misguided protector of MS for affording MS so much compassion and for risking his own freedom to help his best friend. Maybe NS would then point to how DM was trying to get psychotic drug and alcohol addicted MS professional help and DM regretted that he didn't succeed in getting MS help sooner.

Just a wild speculative defence strategy for DM, but I think my fiction would be more believable than what DM's defence has offered up so far, IMO.

All MOO.

And all while taking the entire 3 yrs to meticulously figure out how to frame his "best friend" through his letters to CN?
Not sure that's going to go over so well. JMO

Not according to MS. MS testified that he wasn't sure how many SIM cards he had, but there would be a "couple" of them and he would swap them out in the different phones. Three of the phones at MM's sister's house took SIM cards, but not one SIM card was found.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=156108166

I'm not sure what I'm looking for on the link provided. It comes up to Molly's tweets on day one of the trial. I did a search for sim and it found none. Can you be more precise?

And all while taking the entire 3 yrs to meticulously figure out how to frame his "best friend" through his letters to CN?

they could say that DM was acting as MS's protector at the time, but realized later that MS had just been using him all along and that once DM realized that MS was (according to DM's letters) trying to pin the murder on DM, DM felt angry and desperate and betrayed by MS so he reached out to CN to get others to help him because he knew everything he did to help MS incriminated himself and felt hopeless that if he told the truth, by then it would be too late and he feared no one would believe him. I'm sure DM's defence team could come up with something better than they have now. And for anyone reading, this is just a wild speculation of what I think DM's defence could try .... Not that I believe they will. :)

All MOO.

Part of me wonders if DM didn't intentionally write those letters placing the blame on MS in the hopes that they would be found. He gets to blame Smich for the shooting without actually getting on the stand. :moo: MOO

At my house with my 25 yr old and myself I counted 10 phones (Blackberry, IPhone, Sam Sung, 2 tablets (I pad, Sam Sung) and 2 laptops and that's not counting my daughter who goes through an average of 2 a year nor the ones that were stolen (2) or lost (2). Some have different problems, cracked screen etc yet depending on who your communicating with and how you switch them up. Sounds confusing but very average.

I was thinking this myself. I personally have two blackberrys (new and old work phone), three iPhones (my current phone and what I've upgraded from) and an iPad.

Definitely only have two SIM cards, but I wouldn't say in this day it's not strange to have multiple devices.

I think I'm one of the few in the camp that believes much (but not all) of what MS is saying. Some things obviously don't add up, but I have a hard time relating petty crimes and drug charges to a brutal murder and body disposal.

Serious question, if MS is telling the truth and has no recollection of where he hid the gun, the date he hid it, the place he hid it, the depth he hid it, his route to the forest, his entry or exit into the forest, the size of the spade, how he got home or where he woke up etc., is it then possible that if MS pulled the trigger and shot TB that he could also have forgotten all the details about that?

All MOO.

wonder what questions NS (If he even brings it up) will have regarding the gloves. MS DNA was not found on any glove iirc. Only DNA found was DM,CN,TB. MS testified he was cleaning the truck while DM used the incinerator on poor TB.

I don't agree.
I think they had this all pre-planned and it went off exactly as planned.
They knew they could not come back later and steal a truck that had a chipped key.
They brought the red truck's plates along for a reason.
" An all-nighter "

D+M are GAC (guilty as charged) MHOO.

I believe that when DM told MS to get out follow with the fictitious "friend" in the Yukon, that was the signal from DM to MS that he definately wants the truck and the plan is a definite go! Time for 2nd stage... murder!

edit: sorry i forget to mention that i agree with you Oreck!

edit2: and hence the claim today by DM's laywer that MS is a very "clever little liar"!

I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that CN had been prepared for an 'all nighter' but based on her freaking out and calling AM, MM had not been prepared for that. Slim support for MS not knowing?

Good catch actually, and especially considering how close MS and MM seemed to be, if not together, then constantly in contact via text. MM had been worried sick about MS and his whereabouts, going so far as to call friends of DM in order to try to locate MS. Meanwhile CN, who seemed to have a much less close relationship with her bf, had been told a success would mean an all nighter.

A few questions for MS:

From Tweet spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/pubhtml?gid=0&single=false# (bbm)

1. MollyH "Now onto May 4, 2012. 2 messages to say10 (from Millard phone). Says "let's get to work, for@some@empires to build.ext: "Part a) getting you a base & me a dodge 3500."

What is the "base" is he referring to? Why would he say "part A." You imply there is no other part to this truck theft plan, sounds like theft was only part A.

2. May 2012, "These ones w/ 'mi negro.' From Millard phone: "I'll reach around 9:30x we go do incinerator, cool?"

What does "do incinerator mean?

3. (photos sent) first looks like a tree trunk carved into some sort of bench? Second is of painted tree stump stools? More texts from YYM. Sends another photo, this time of sausages in a frying pan... #"

Is there a hidden meaning there?

My guess for "go do incinerator, cool" would be DM asking MS to help him with the homemade incinerator that SS couldn't get working. Maybe DM thought 2 half-brains were better then one?

"Getting you a base and me a 3500" I assumed it was getting his rap studio on the go. Maybe it wasn't the Caddy but rather the studio promissed for the truck theft.

I think the wood furniture was another mission MS wanted to run. Maybe he seen these items, tagged them and wanted to steal them. Now my mind may be changed if those pics were just copied from the internet. But I'm assuming MS took the pics himself.

The sausages in pan, not a clue but I'm pretty use to people posting pics of their breakfast, lunch and dinners. It's kind of annoying!
Maybe Mr S will ask about that...for half a day or so lol

All MOO

Part of me wonders if DM didn't intentionally write those letters placing the blame on MS in the hopes that they would be found. He gets to blame Smich for the shooting without actually getting on the stand. :moo: MOO
Not a bright move IMO. He could have told the story through letters without going into a framing aspect of MS. All he did was make himself look even more guilty and ruining his chance to have the jury believe his side. The way he talks about addressing the court and his plan to frame MS has me seriously thinking wtf this guy was thinking. Not favorable MOO

There's lots of credible reasons but if he didn't testify to them he's going to get a massive wallop with Sachak's timeline, which will make much more sense than his and put him the truck for an extra few critical minutes and suggest his accounting of getting right into the Yukon after the Bosma's is a lie.

Can you dumb it down for me.....I'm missing something. What missing time are you referring to? 9:05ish arrived at Bosmas and 9:20ish traveled north by SuperSucker - those 15 minutes? So what you're thinking is all three drove around for a while, TB was shot, then MS got into the Yukon and they travelled past the SuperSucker by 9:20? IIRC, it's been testified that there was some conversation about the truck before they left the Bosma's....add in dropping MS off and doing a U-turn (and possibly not going straight north on Trinity....didn't Bullman testify the 2 vehicles went west on Book?)....I guess I don't see a huge discrepancy in MS's story and the time-line.....but wiling to admit I may have missed something. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust