Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay again says Smich wanted that Cadillac, and needed to get the truck so that Millard would give it to him.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

Pillay again says Smich was desperate, and brought his gun because he was broke.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

Millard had nothing to hide, nothing to fear, and nothing to conceal, Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM
I suppose MS Didn't really need anything eithe,r as he got it all from DM..including all his moves, I don't think an "underling" would purposely do something that big off the methodical schedule without permission. especially with a precious Cadillac on the line.

That was an awful closing. I don't care what the reporters say, Pillay is not that skilled as a lawyer.

If DM was blindsided by MS's action, why did he move forward with being bold with the vehicle in the hanger? Not only did he not hide evidence before and during the mission, he also allowed it to be on display in the hanger starting on the 8th.

If he was innocent, just putting the truck in the trailer for several days immediately after would have aligned better than leaving in the hanger and arranging the morphing and paint job. Lack of hiding evidence is a very poor excuse when it comes to Dellen the Felon.

MOO

It's such utter crap I truly can't imagine anybody accepting it. I can accept the idea that MS might have shot TB unplanned, but even in DM's jailhouse fantasy letters MS was a flunky of somebody else's 'boyz'. The idea that MS would have taken the lead on this, or taken an independent action of bringing and using a gun of his own volition is pretty absurd. And then Dell wants to call an ambulance, but accepts Dr. Smich's death diagnoses - from the back seat. What. Ever.

@AdamCarterCBC [video=twitter;737739830218625024]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/737739830218625024[/video] ...he "can't stop thinking about what that family is going through." At that, Bosma's mother is shaking her head in the courtroom.

Oh give me a break, Pillay. Nothing about DM's actions afterwards showed he had an ounce of remorse. He moved on with his life like nothing had happened. Not to mention his own words in his own letters. And his little girlfriend CN treated the entire trial like a joke too imo. This is a guy who took an innocent man's life over a truck because he's a greedy manchild who thought he was invincible and wouldn't be caught imo. Not only did you kill a human being, you then proceeded to incinerate him.

I look forward to the day this trial is over and the Bosma family finally sees justice.

Did anyone hear anything surprising today? Does anyone believe that Pillay's close helped DM one iota?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there has always been validity to an argument of a robbery gone bad. Many of the points Pillay made are true regarding the things that seem to argue against planning and I definitely think they'll be deliberated seriously and fully. But some of his points were dumb, and I am always surprised when lawyers seem to mix their weakest points with their strongest on the same issue. It's just kind of drags the whole thing down.

If Dungey gets up and just does part 2 of this, the jury is going to just end up despising both accused for the lying and the minimizing and the general crap. I think if I was on a jury I'd appreciate Dungey getting up tomorrow and roaring that MS had been a thief and a scoundrel and a whatever else just to start the thing off with some accountability. Like a really mad dad.

I sent a tweet to Adam Carter, he replied that yes they are both there today.

Sorry if this has already been responded to.

AC didn't say MB was in court today, he said MS and DM were in court.

I think there has always been validity to an argument of a robbery gone bad. Many of the points Pillay made are true regarding the things that seem to argue against planning and I definitely think they'll be deliberated seriously and fully. But some of his points were dumb, and I am always surprised when lawyers seem to mix their weakest points with their strongest on the same issue. It's just kind of drags the whole thing down.

I think the robbery gone bad argument is there but I also can't get it out of my head how fast they likely killed Tim. Which makes me think they always intended to kill.

Did anyone hear anything surprising today? Does anyone believe that Pillay's close helped DM one iota?

RP fulfilled his duty to his client, DM, but he could only spin the evidence so much and that's DM's fault because he is guilty. DM can't argue that he had incompetent legal representation. It's soon time for DM to actually face reality and when he finally sees it, no doubt it will be harsh.

All MOO.

Only surprising thing was finally knowing that DM did have the satchel. Although that's not as much of as a surprise - just interesting that it was confirmed.

Not here, actually feel bad for a lawyer who knows his client's guilt is obvious, and has to some way, some how, spin a tale of innocence. Pillay did his best, with what he had to work with. Just glad that's done. Change my mind nope!

It's such utter crap I truly can't imagine anybody accepting it. I can accept the idea that MS might have shot TB unplanned, but even in DM's jailhouse fantasy letters MS was a flunky of somebody else's 'boyz'. The idea that MS would have taken the lead on this, or taken an independent action of bringing and using a gun of his own volition is pretty absurd. And then Dell wants to call an ambulance, but accepts Dr. Smich's death diagnoses - from the back seat. What. Ever.

Quoting myself to ask...as I was in an out today and may have missed the tweets...did Pillay bring up the ambulance again?

That "can't stop thinking about what that family is going through" was a bit too far. How can any living human being not have visceral disgust for that obvious lie? Whatever you believe Millard did, that message to Shane was utter CYA BS. A truly disgusting lie, then and now.

I totally agree. That was absolutely cruel and disgusting to use this statement for any reason at all.

If DM was blindsided by MS's action, why did he move forward with being bold with the vehicle in the hanger? Not only did he not hide evidence before and during the mission, he also allowed it to be on display in the hanger starting on the 8th.

If he was innocent, just putting the truck in the trailer for several days immediately after would have aligned better than leaving it in the hanger and arranging the morphing and paint job. Lack of hiding evidence is a very poor excuse when it comes to Dellen the Felon.

MOO

IMO he didn't hide anything because in his mind he could just frame MS and this was his plan from day 1. MOO

So in a five minute span, Pillay is asking the jury to believe something Meneses said, but then says she's a "proven liar."
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

I love the comments here and there from AC today. I am sure these are things that will stand out to the jury too, at least I hope so.

My 17 yr old daughter doesn't agree either, she used to hear every single gun shot :) Me and hubby? Just got used to it. So I suppose it's a subjective thing.

There are many variables. Even people who think they hear "every" gun shot, probably don't, but they are more hypervigilant when it comes to gunfire than the average person so they notice it more, while other people can tune out a lot of background noise but be extremely tuned in to sounds that are important to them, whether these be pager beeps, baby monitors or something else. I'm in a very rural neighbourhood, not that far from the area in question, and there's a lot of noise from the (very busy) road, though it gets quiet at night for the most part. Still, most people around here get used to loud bangs of blowouts, trucks backfiring or dropping/dragging something, and other sharp, loud, anomalous sounds.

I hear gunfire on a regular basis, usually after dusk, and always coming from back in the bush or swamp. People have set up their own target shooting ranges etc., probably a bylaw violation (especially at night) but not criminal. Dogs can however get used to the sound. Not long ago I had a near neighbour (a renter, since moved) who let a posse of his friends come over and shoot rifles on the back lot, maybe 300 m from my property line. At first my dogs were pretty freaked out, but within a few weeks they totally ignored it. Fireworks, though, like on Victoria Day, are a different story. Dogs hate those (probably smell the stuff too).

Another neighbour who lives nearby says he hasn't heard the gunfire, either at night or during the day, or if he did, he didn't notice. Since the tenant with the rifle-toting buddies moved away, I haven't heard any from that direction, and only occasionally from the swamp. So the frequency of guns being fired in the country probably has a natural ebb and flow by location, population and time. Some years you get a lot, others none, and some people (and dogs) are more tuned into it than others.

AFAIK Bullmann wasn't asked on the stand about whether he regularly heard gunfire in the area, but likely he could have heard the sounds of the gun club on Alberton Road (I've heard it), and someone pointed out a silencer could have been used though it would likely have had to be smuggled into Canada by D the F. You can only draw very limited conclusions from what people didn't see or hear, though, because of the well-documented existence of inattentional blindness, which I posted about before, that means we tend not to notice even very important things happening around us if our attention is on something else.

Pillay now talking about the demeanour of Millard and Smich at the Bosma home. Millard "instilled trust," he says. "He faced them, he was friendly."
by Adam Carter 9:53 AM

I just saw this when reading the tweets again and it really stands out to me. So Pillay saying DM "instilled trust" in the Bosmas and "was friendly", yet he really planned to steal this man's truck, is supposed to look good to the jury?? To me it makes DM look slimier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member