Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe deer is code for LB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's easier for a guy like DM to take down a dear than a deer. He's a crappy shot.

Sorry for the long post, But I thought I'd put this in here for future reference

Leitch says Smich wouldn't have gone along with all the random change of plans, as he described in his stories.
by Adam Carter 2:30 PM

Leitch also says it doesn't make sense that Millard had left the keys in the cupholder of the Yukon.
by Adam Carter 2:31 PM

Leitch calls it "convenient" that Smich can't remember the route or roads they took the night Bosma died.
by Adam Carter 2:32 PM

"Mr Bosma would have known this was no test drive almost 40 minutes from his house," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 2:33 PM

Leitch says it's a "ridiculous" plan to shoot someone as you're driving, as Smich described Millard did.
by Adam Carter 2:33 PM

"Any minute he might grab it from you, when you look at the road. Ridiculous."
by Adam Carter 2:34 PM

Leitch says Smich also would have seen a muzzle flash.
by Adam Carter 2:34 PM

Leitch says it's another lie that Smich could make out Millard with the gun in the dark.
by Adam Carter 2:35 PM

Leitch says the "biggest flaw" in Smich's evidence is he had multiple chances to get away from Millard, but didn't.
by Adam Carter 2:36 PM

Now a 20 minute recess.
by Adam Carter 2:37 PM

Court now back in session.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

Leitch says now he wants to talk about what Smich said happened at Bobcat of Brantford.
by Adam Carter 3:02 PM

He says Millard would not have wiped off Bosma's phone there, and this was "manufactured testimony."
by Adam Carter 3:03 PM

He says swapping the plates doesn't make sense wither, because the specifications on the truck wouldn't match if the police ran them.
by Adam Carter 3:04 PM

Leitch says it also doesn't make sense that Smich would follow Millard after the murder. "You don't follow a lunatic with a gun to a dark, isolated location where he can kill you too."
by Adam Carter 3:05 PM

Leitch says what makes sense is both Millard and Smich were working together at all times.
by Adam Carter 3:07 PM

Smich also could have ran when Millard left the hangar for half an hour, Leitch says. "Do you wait for a madman to come back? ... The answer is no."
by Adam Carter 3:08 PM

Smich has said he didn't try to escape because he panicked. "These are all the emotions that would cause you to try to escape. Not stay."
by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

"Putting Tim Bosma in the Eliminator was a two-man job," Leitch says, showing a picture of the Eliminator. Bosma's blood was only found on the lip of the burn chamber, but he was bleeding heavily. It required the strength of two people, Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

Smich also said he saw Millard's text to his employees saying not to come to work on May 7, Leitch says this also doesn't make sense.
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

Smich said he was afraid of Millard, and walking a "delicate balance" after the murder, Leitch says. Says they hung out a lot the week after.
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

Leitch says Millard and Smich were in contact 68 times in 3 and a half days after the murder. "Does that jive with what Smich told you about his fear?"
by Adam Carter 3:16 PM

Leitch now reading out a bunch of their casual texts. "This is their team. The Millard and Smich team."
by Adam Carter 3:17 PM

Smich said he expected to find drugs in the toolbox, but found a gun. He thought he was being set up. Leitch says that's a lie.
by Adam Carter 3:18 PM

Leitch says if Smich's story about a fear of being framed was true, he wouldn't have buried the gun. "That gun would have been a powerful bargaining chip, perhaps with Millard's fingerprints or DNA on it."
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

Leitch says Smich's story about a lengthy bike ride to bury the gun in an unknown forest "defies belief."
by Adam Carter 3:21 PM

"He got rid of the gun because it implicated him and Dellen Millard."
by Adam Carter 3:21 PM

Leitch now talking about the theory that there was an "accidental shooting" brought through Millard's lawyers. "There is no evidence in this trial, not one shred of evidence that shows that this happened."
by Adam Carter 3:22 PM

Millard wouldn't have driven Bosma's truck if Smich shot him unplanned, Leitch says. Millard would've bailed and gone to police.
by Adam Carter 3:23 PM

Leitch says if Smich shot Millard, Millard wouldn't have followed him to the farm.
by Adam Carter 3:24 PM

"Millard would know he was the next to be shot."
by Adam Carter 3:24 PM

Leitch says it wouldn't make sense for Millard to bring the truck and body to the hangar if Smich alone was responsible.
by Adam Carter 3:25 PM

Leitch says if Smich had done this, Millard wouldn't have tried to profit off the truck, have it painted, etc.
by Adam Carter 3:26 PM

Also doesn't make sense that Millard stayed in contact with Smich as per his story, after the murder. "This wasn't panic and confusion."
by Adam Carter 3:26 PM

Ted Bundy hauled dead bodies in the passenger seat of his VW all the time! I would think time would be the factor of concern for hauling dead bodies. The 403 is faster.

I would think less chance to get pulled over on the 403.

"They kill, stole, and burned together."
by Adam Carter 3:27 PM

"He had everything live for," Leitch calls back to what Millard's lawyers said about Millard, and why he wouldn't have done this. "Tim Bosma had everything to live for," Leitch says. "And his used truck was not worth dying for.
by Adam Carter 3:28 PM

"He was kind, and decent, and not violent. He would not fight these men. Not with that future ahead. Not after he just kissed his daughter and put her to bed."

"Don't be deceived."

"When you retire to consider your verdict, don't forget about Tim, who is not here to tell you what really happened."

by Adam Carter 3:29 PM

That's it for Leitch's close. The jury is now sent out for a moment.
by Adam Carter 3:30 PM

Now taking a 15 minute recess.
by Adam Carter 3:36 PM

Thats about what I'd expect. A diesel would have been about $4K for the round trip. Does it make sense to spend $2.5K on a gun and $18K on an incinerator to save $1K? Am I missing something here?

To average normal peeps, no.
To DM, however...yanno?

To average normal peeps, no.
To DM, however...yanno?

I'm more interested in something Smich said on the stand, That Millard actually needed the truck for other reasons. I think the crown was a little off the mark on the Baja thing.

I wonder what the reaction was like in the courtroom.

I'm more interested in something Smich said on the stand, That Millard actually needed the truck for other reasons. I think the crown was a little off the mark on the Baja thing.

I believe he said "among other things". No doubt, some of his missions, especially "nabbing" a yacht, were going to require some good towing power.

MOO

I wonder what the reaction was like in the courtroom.

Alex Pierson indicated "lots of tears".

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 19m19 minutes ago
"he is not here to tell u what happened. " Tony Leitch finishes his closing. lots of tears. @AM900CHML

That he was stealing to order? Someone else wanted to buy it?

OT: Sometimes what is said in the courtroom is exactly what has been said here at WS (it's bound to happen, of course)

[video=twitter;738447473660809216]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/738447473660809216[/video]

Leitch was very convincing and excellent final comments. It is so easy to forget the victim in all this. Trial is all about DM and MS, and the poor victim is just an afterthought it seems. The two perps garner all the attention it seems. I sincerely hope that all the holes in DM and MS's "version of events" have been dispelled by the Crown. Selective amnesia for MS is the oldest excuse - almost like a soap opera where numerous characters suffer amnesia when convenient - but the intelligent jury will see right through that! There are no words adequate to describe DM, other than a lunatic, self serving, entitled . I hope he has a lovely life behind bars.

Let's hope the judge makes it very clear to the jury what the important evidence is and not to be swayed by all the lies which were vocalized by both the perps and the witnesses. Seems they all had a reason to lie and cover their own *advertiser censored**. I hope they can all live with themselves now. CN's trial will be very interesting to follow this November. Her complete amnesia was beyond ludicrous.

Justice for Tim is almost here - let's give the jury credit for being honest, ethical and conscientious human beings.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 24s25 seconds ago
Court is now back in session, but in a legal argument. #TimBosma #Bosma

Court is now back in session, but in a legal argument.
by Adam Carter 4:02 PM

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 4:04 PM

When do deliberations start?

The judge will likely give his charge to the jury on Monday and Tuesday. So the jury should start deliberations sometime Tuesday afternoon.

MOO

Sorry by what the crown said I took it to mean CN knew of the murder plan all along. Not just after the fact.

It means she obviously knew more than SS, or else DM wouldn't have been so sure of lying in front of her while they are driving the subject of the conversation into hiding.

When do deliberations start?

As soon as Justice Goodman completes his charge to the jury, which will take place on Monday and Tuesday.

ETA: Justice Goodman now says his charge to the jury will take place on Friday, June 10 and Monday, June 13, after which the jury will be sequestered for deliberations. He has divided his charge into two parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leitch was very convincing and excellent final comments. It is so easy to forget the victim in all this. Trial is all about DM and MS, and the poor victim is just an afterthought it seems. The two perps garner all the attention it seems. I sincerely hope that all the holes in DM and MS's "version of events" have been dispelled by the Crown. Selective amnesia for MS is the oldest excuse - almost like a soap opera where numerous characters suffer amnesia when convenient - but the intelligent jury will see right through that! There are no words adequate to describe DM, other than a lunatic, self serving, entitled . I hope he has a lovely life behind bars.

Let's hope the judge makes it very clear to the jury what the important evidence is and not to be swayed by all the lies which were vocalized by both the perps and the witnesses. Seems they all had a reason to lie and cover their own *advertiser censored**. I hope they can all live with themselves now. CN's trial will be very interesting to follow this November. Her complete amnesia was beyond ludicrous.

Justice for Tim is almost here - let's give the jury credit for being honest, ethical and conscientious human beings.

Having lived through OJ Simpson, I don't take anything for granted. Twelve people on the jury, I can guarantee at least one of them has bought in to Smich's story. Hopefully that person can be swayed.

Goodman tells the jury the closing arguments are complete.
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

Goodman says there's one more piece: his final instructions.
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

Once his charge is completely, the jury will be sent out to deliberate on a verdict.
by Adam Carter 4:06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members