Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.....But I think Swedie's timeline (as amazing as it is) was done pre-trial.....we now have MUCH more information and sources for a more accurate idea of events....MOO

For sure. But when we're analyzing the critical moments around Bosma's disappearance, a minute or two can make a significant difference. On my timeline, you'll see that the Bate phone called Bosma at 9:05pm (cell tower time), while the Super Sucker video showed a black pickup -- which I believe is Bosma's -- driving north at 9:05pm, then driving south at 9:15pm, and finally north again with the Yukon at 9:20pm. So clearly there is a difference of a few minutes between the cell towers and the surveillance video. Instead of being 15 minutes from the time TB left his house to the time the black pickup and Yukon drove past Super Sucker, it is probably closer to 20 minutes.

Also, the final cell ping of Smich's phone at 9:20pm could possibly be when he told Meneses he couldn't talk because he was driving. Taking the cell tower/surveillance video discrepancy into account, this would have been a few minutes before he drove past Super Sucker, or just after they pulled out of the farm field near Bosma's house.

Doesn't really support anything if Smich didn't want his whereabouts tracked does it? His thinking is if he doesn't turn the phone on until he gets home, nobody will know he was never not at home. If these guys were smart they would have both left their phones with their girlfriends and have them periodically text each other random messages.

IMO, they were not that bright. MS had the phone on when near Bosma. Sometimes I think we are giving them too much credit.

IF at all, I would think DM had been the truck/vehicle driver, sitting in it and waiting, and two of his "slaves" had to carry the bike onto his truck/vehicle. Btw: "Slaves" are wearing hoodies, bosses are not. :D

I don't know...I'm sensing that DM is a hands on kinda guy! Doesn't want to give control to the others. MOO

"May 7: Brendan Daly testifies that he was waiting outside Marks house for pot when DM dropped MS off. MS blew past BD. Marlena came out of the house with the weed and said 'you guys better get lost'."

Does anyone know the time this occurred? Seems that MS went from celebration mood to something else within hours, or possibly minutes. Timelines show that DM and MS didn't get back together until around 7:00 pm Tuesday after MM and MS were dropped off, and were still at the farm around 11:30 p.m.

MOO

"May 7: Brendan Daly testifies that he was waiting outside Marks house for pot when DM dropped MS off. MS blew past BD. Marlena came out of the house with the weed and said 'you guys better get lost'."

Does anyone know the time this occurred? Seems that MS went from celebration mood to something else within hours, or possibly minutes. Timelines show that DM and MS didn't get back together until around 7:00 pm Tuesday after MM and MS were dropped off, and were still at the farm around 11:30 p.m.

MOO

I think this was originally reported by most tweeters as being the WEEK of May 6/7.....I don't believe BD was able to recall specifically what day this happened. MOO

I'll see if I can track down the tweets....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

ok - don't know how to cut and paste from this document.....but SC tweeted week of May 6 see 3267

MH tweeted between May 7-10 see 2776

HTH......

I think this was originally reported by most tweeters as being the WEEK of May 6/7.....I don't believe BD was able to recall specifically what day this happened. MOO

April 5 & 6

April 5 & 6

I can't get twitter to go back that far.....I had to use the google doc....from which I can't cut and paste.....and I found our tweet transcribers in the forum, but because the reporters aren't in sync it makes it very difficult to decipher from that....suggestions?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

ok - don't know how to cut and paste from this document.....but SC tweeted week of May 6 see 3267

MH tweeted between May 7-10 see 2776

HTH......

I think sleuthers here figured it was Thursday May 9th

I think she is minimizing her knowledge of the events. I wonder if when she asked Smich not to participate, she threatened to leave him if he did? She talks a pretty righteous game now but fact is she was still willing to marry Smich days after finding out he was involved in TBs murder.

A witness has the right to not incriminate themselves, so I'm told. Thus tell as little as necessary. Besides, in a case, the judge will say, "just answer the question." In other words, don't add information. So if they don't ask the question, she doesn't provide her knowledge.

Maybe the statement about him not always treating her nice and that he treated DM better than other people (I'd think including her) makes me think he might have been violent with her before--or at least verbally abusive. I wouldn't be surprised if as they walked he had a hand around her neck and she was stuck with no money or home and no plan of how to end the relationship IMO. Regarding the textShe was a just turned 18 young woman caught up in the fantasy of being at a wedding provides. It was merely a text she sent while feeling happy for a moment. IMO

... My best guess is that the description of DMs tattoos were on tv, causing MM to connect the Bosma case to the successful mission. That, or someone tipped them off about the arrest. Perhaps MB contacted CN who in turn got word to MS, as she knows the extent of the mission, and perhaps had been told by DM to tell Mark asap if he should be arrested. MOO
I can imagine them sitting there seeing the news where they showed pics of possible ambition tattoos and MS even freaked out saying OMG 'Dell'!! and MM immediately would assume that too if she knew of the tattoo which she probably did and in the shock of the moment has morphed the scene into seeing his 'picture'. Regardless I think strongly it was the tattoo in the news and probably MS reaction to that, followed by a tip from MB or CN. Remember, these people will all be paranoid about whether they got away with the crime or not. Any public tid bit of info could be enough to tip them over the edge into complete panic as they realize their scheme will come crashing down any moment. For all we know they may have been following online in FB or even WS what was transpiring. I recall all sorts of rumours going around social media at that time, its possible there was a clue there. IIRC there was that cryptic message in Russian or Yugoslavian about 'tell the wolf they got the farm', remember that? ALL MOO

First time caller...long time listener! I'm amazed at how some of you pick apart little things and analyze them to the point where even the most left field comments make sense. I often wonder if the LE comes here for tips or leads themselves. This is almost like a community of LE working collectively. Great job!

There were some of you going back and forth about emissions in Ontario and how vehicles need to have their VINs scanned. I know of at least a couple of places where even the oldest vehicle roaming in our streets would be able to pass the emissions test. I think the tester uses some sort of dummy VIN, but I'm not sure. Mind you, the tester wouldn't do this for anyone because he could get in serious trouble by the government for violating the rules and lose his license. Point being, it can be easily bypassed with the right contact.

There was also some talk about the nickname Juice. I can't scroll back far enough to see if this has been answered or not. I think some suggested it means steroids (which is right) and to drink alcohol in a verbal sense (which is also right). If I call my friend and say "Let's juice today", I'm essentially saying let's go drink. This was the lingo when I was in high school more than 20 years ago, but I think its still valid. I'm wondering if anyone has brought up the movie "Juice", where Tupac Shakur starred as the lead actor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_(film) The cover of the album shows "Juice" and subheading "how far will you go to get it?" Tupac did kill someone in the movie too. I know it's far fetched, but considering MS is wrapped up in the rap culture I thought it could hold some weight.

Also, any real estate people know the answer to the zoning of the farm? Would the zoning of DMs farm actually allow him to build as many houses on it as he was planning or telling everyone? I believe I read that he offered a friend a parcel of land on it to build a home, keep a parcel for himself for his dream home, and also have MB build her home there too. I'm envisioning a small community there now with all these homes. Could this be done? Did I misread something?

BeeRadley

:welcome6:

FWIW a "juicer'' back in the 70's was a drinker......so I have presumed all along that MS liked to be ''juiced''....MOO

Also, any real estate people know the answer to the zoning of the farm? Would the zoning of DMs farm actually allow him to build as many houses on it as he was planning or telling everyone? I believe I read that he offered a friend a parcel of land on it to build a home, keep a parcel for himself for his dream home, and also have MB build her home there too. I'm envisioning a small community there now with all these homes. Could this be done? Did I misread something?

That farm is in Waterloo region and I'm in Hamilton-Wentworth, but I'll bet the zoning regulations are similar, if not identical. I have property zoned agricultural, and if I wanted to get permission to build several homes on it (even for family members), I would have apply for permits from the city. There's a small subdivision just up Roseville Road from DM's former farm, so it it's not an impossible idea, but officials look into things like water tables, sewage issues and submit notices to neighbours who might be impacted, who may protest and/or organize to prevent the proposal being approved. There are also environmental factors considered, such as protection of fragile ecosystems.I t's a fairly lengthy and complex process; my neighbour on one side did this to build a second home on the property for a family member and it took quite a lot of hoop-jumping (was approved eventually). However, I'll bet DM did not even look into the requirements and was just BSing all this talk about building homes on the property.

How did Smich and Millard meet? Have we found out yet?

That farm is in Waterloo region and I'm in Hamilton-Wentworth, but I'll bet the zoning regulations are similar, if not identical. I have property zoned agricultural, and if I wanted to get permission to build several homes on it (even for family members), I would have apply for permits from the city. There's a small subdivision just up Roseville Road from DM's former farm, so it it's not an impossible idea, but officials look into things like water tables, sewage issues and submit notices to neighbours who might be impacted, who may protest and/or organize to prevent the proposal being approved. There are also environmental factors considered, such as protection of fragile ecosystems.I t's a fairly lengthy and complex process; my neighbour on one side did this to build a second home on the property for a family member and it took quite a lot of hoop-jumping (was approved eventually). However, I'll bet DM did not even look into the requirements and was just BSing all this talk about building homes on the property.

He's right beside a conservation area so I would bet that there would be a lot of resistance.

I don't think you could just build 2 or 3 homes on one parcel of land without severing the property. I have family that lives on a large parcel of land not far from Roseville road..they wanted to build a granny house for themselves and sell their house to their son.. They were only allowed to build a prefab home on a crawl space foundation (no basement) and it was only allowed for 10 years..I could not believe it...if they live longer than 10 years they will need to apply for extensions but eventually it will have to be torn down..they were not allowed to build 2 permanent homes on the same parcel of land. What I find interesting is that MB was actually considering selling her home and moving to the farm according to DM's texts, why would he want his mother around any of his illegal shop activities?

Anyone else find it odd that MS went to the wedding without his girlfriend of over a year? I cant imagine his family was unaware of MM. It just seems odd that she was sitting at home receiving text messages from him saying 'We're next".

Perhaps this speaks to her comment about not being treated well by MS? Does he have some kind control issues as well?

JMO

ETA: Never mind, I stand corrected so SHE DID GO to the wedding...missed that fact, Thanks Althea Dice!

But surely somebody would have posted it on this forum, no? AFAIK the earliest mention of an arrest that anyone has found is May 11 in the a.m. Isn't it strange that people like Meneses and Villada would have seen it on Friday night, but no sleuthers did? It's just not adding up IMO.

I have been following this case since DAY 1 and I recall alot of stuff appearing then quickly disappearing from social media right around May 10,11. I would love to know if it got out there and police quickly put out an order to shut it down. Would there be a record of a publication ban going out on the 10th? I cannot be the only other one recalling things coming and going in rapid order that day. MOO

Anyone else find it odd that MS went to the wedding without his girlfriend of over a year? I cant imagine his family was unaware of MM. It just seems odd that she was sitting at home receiving text messages from him saying 'We're next".

Perhaps this speaks to her comment about not being treated well by MS? Does he have some kind control issues as well?

JMO

She did go to the wedding with him. It was MM who texted her sister from the wedding saying "we're next".

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/woman-who-planned-to-wed-mark-smich-to-testify-at-bosma-murder-trial

That day, Smich’s sister was getting married and Meneses attended the wedding with Smich. While there she sent her sister a text about herself and Smich, court heard.

It said: “We’re next.”

She said she wanted her sister, who is eight years her senior, to be her bridesmaid.

I noticed a few WSers in this thread saying that MM was just 18 at the time of crime, but wouldn't she have been 19?

Here's a tweet from yesterday:
She's 22 now, and was 18 when she met Smich, she was in high school at the time.
by Adam Carter 10:13 AM

Not that 19 is all that much more mature, of course. :lamb: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members