Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will DM and MS one day realize that by heartlessly robbing TB of his promising future, they also robbed themselves of their own?

I don't think DM ever will. I think MS might be just realizing that now. At least he did something to better himself while in jail.

Was just thinking, all the arguing over the bouncing shell casing and where the blood spatters were found implied to me the assumption DM was in the front and MS was in the back and the lawyers were trying to point the evidence one against the other. If that's the case, that implies the lawyers are believing both DM and MS were in the vehicle together at the time of shooting, does it not? Otherwise, why all that arguing?

Seems to me if MS was in the Yukon, that conversation wouldn't have happened. IMO.

Hallelujah. Thank you.

What got me interested in this trial in the first place was the shocking murder of an innocent and unsuspecting victim, TB, who was so callously and randomly selected. TB had simply placed an ad online to sell his truck. I've purchased a car from using an online site. Haven't many of us? What happened to TB is bloodcurdingly horrific! TB was not merely robbed of his truck but his very precious life, and because of the devils who killed him for a truck or for kicks or for whatever sick reason, and then also incinerated his body, TB's family were robbed of him forever and even robbed of the vast majority of his remains!

As the trial continues, I am trying to keep these truths uppermost in my mind because what happened to TB and his family could have happened to my son and our family, it could have happened to anyone and that thought chills me to the depths of my soul. The real victim in this trial must never be forgotten, IMO.

I do feel compassion for young people who are led astray from the straight and narrow path and find themselves lost in the mire of a criminal lifestyle, as there are often unfortunate circumstances and life histories that make them susceptible to choosing such a dark road that leads to self-destruction, but most people with tragic childhoods, mental health or addiction issues etc. don't make the choice to victimize others, IMO. People can rise above circumstances if willing and with help, IMO.

DM especially had so many other opportunities to pursue had he chosen to create for himself a promising future, IMO. And even MS, who with help from the corrections system has demonstrated that he too was capable of leading a more productive life and able to create a more hopeful future for himself had he chosen to do this before, IMO. I think both DM and MS were young adults who had taken no responsibility for themselves and chose to live by their own rules and avoided accountability at all costs. Now they are each in a dire situation but the dismal future that is sadly facing each of them is IMO a future of their own making. Will DM and MS one day realize that by heartlessly robbing TB of his promising future, they also robbed themselves of their own?

All MOO.

I agree totally. The way Tim died and for what? A used truck! These place zero value on human life. Moo

Yes .... and I have watched the Bobcat video several times .... especially where they quickly pull onto the gravel shoulder , Yukon pulls up right behind truck , and right away the headlights are turned off .

One of my questions would be how could MS see what DM was doing when DM got out of the truck ..... the Yukon headlights were pointing directly at the back of the truck and cannot shine on the driver side where DM is supposedly stepping out and putting his gun away .... and he certainly did not step in front of the Yukon headlights or we would have seen him.

As already pointed out, lead truck stops at 0:29 and the lights go off at 0:40, so that is about 10 seconds and a lot can happen in 10 seconds.

Also, just noticed DM's phone pinged at 9:44. Does that mean a text was received/sent--like a signal? Or just that it was still on? Because it was 9:47 LE says they stopped at Bobcat.

Can someone tell me why LE said they arrived at 9:47 when the tape shows 20:47 which would be 8:47.

I have been thinking through MS testimony. Some questions:

1. Why would DM choose to gas up Yukon mid-murder? Planning would have included full tank of gas!
2. Perhaps he was getting propane or whatever the incinerator runs on? Again, you'd think he would have done ahead of time.
3. Shooting Tim in his own truck just caused more cleanup for them. No logic to have done it that way
just my own thoughts.

I have been thinking through MS testimony. Some questions:

1. Why would DM choose to gas up Yukon mid-murder? Planning would have included full tank of gas!
2. Perhaps he was getting propane or whatever the incinerator runs on? Again, you'd think he would have done ahead of time.
3. Shooting Tim in his own truck just caused more cleanup for them. No logic to have done it that way

just my own thoughts.
wasn't the fuel gage broken in his Yukon? Plus I'm sure some of the gasoline wasn't used for fueling up. Some seats and other materials were burned as well

I have not researched it, but I think the confusion is stemming from the fact that the two are being tried together, but they are not being represented together (in fact, the two accused are basically antagonists here).

It's certainly true that in a regular trial, once the Crown concludes its presentation of evidence, if the defense then declines to call witnesses, they don't get to come back a few days later and say, Gee, we changed our mind. If the defense doesn't call evidence, the trial then moves to the next phase.

But in this trial, there are two accused.One argument that I've heard is that, if the co-accused presented new evidence, the other co-accused has a right to respond to that evidence with evidence (or witnesses) of his own.Now, we haven't heard whether DM's team in fact wants to do this, it's all speculation. However, I think it quite possible that IF DM's team wants to now call evidence to refute MS's testimony, they can make an application to do so, and the judge will rule on it in a voir dire.

I'm sure we'll find out next week what the story is. As I said elsewhere, I doubt DM's lawyers want him on the stand.

I haven't researched this particular issue, but I have followed a couple of high-profile trials in detail (Truscott, Morin, the Charles Smith victims) in great detail, reading all the trial transcripts etc., and remember some very anomalous requests being made to the court, (which were then discussed in voir dire and ruled upon by the presiding judge) so I don't see why, if there were a compelling legal reason to do it, a similar irregularity couldn't be allowed in this case.

Thank you ....I think you are absolutely correct. IMO I do not see how DM would not testify at this point.

I thought so too. AM was a good friend of LB, this is how LB and DM met, no?
Not sure why you would want a full sleeve of a deceased murdered girl, whom one of your best friends murdered.
This story will visibly be with him, after the court case is done, would you not want to distance yourself from it?

I would say disturbing is one way to describe AM's tatt and very revealing.

I've gone through that scenario with others here. According to them as I was told, you cannot get propane late at night.

As already pointed out, lead truck stops at 0:29 and the lights go off at 0:40, so that is about 10 seconds and a lot can happen in 10 seconds.

Also, just noticed DM's phone pinged at 9:44. Does that mean a text was received/sent--like a signal? Or just that it was still on? Because it was 9:47 LE says they stopped at Bobcat.

Can someone tell me why LE said they arrived at 9:47 when the tape shows 20:47 which would be 8:47.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml

How was Smich self-medicating for his busted shoulder? Weed? Booze? I doubt it. What about the orange guys? Oxy. That makes more sense to me. Smich has the advantage now with his testimony but I think he is full of ****.

It seems that his former girlfriend MM, and even perhaps more importantly his mother and sisters do not believe, or support him now either. None of them have ever come to court to offer support by their presence, as far as I have been able to determine. In fact, I don't think either MS, or DM have had anyone come and sit in court, who was there as friend or family.

There was a websleuth member some time ago, who attended court, in the early days, and mentioned that a middle aged blonde woman was seated in the viewing area, who smiled at DM when she came in. He seemed to recognize her, and smiled back. Later during a break the webleuth member tried to engage her in conversation, but she was very vague, and did not reveal who she was. It is possible she was the woman who wrote to him while he was in prison. I think her name, or pen name was something like "Dee". The bottom line, looks to me like neither of these guys has anyone who was close to them before the arrests, believing or supporting them now, unless MB is staying in the background, still trying to believe in her only child, and doing what she can to help him. IMO

It seems that his former girlfriend MM, and even perhaps more importantly his mother and sisters do not believe, or support him now either. None of them have ever come to court to offer support by their presence, as far as I have been able to determine. In fact, I don't think either MS, or DM have had anyone come and sit in court, who was there as friend or family.

There was a websleuth member some time ago, who attended court, in the early days, and mentioned that a middle aged blonde woman was seated in the viewing area, who smiled at DM when she came in. He seemed to recognize her, and smiled back. Later during a break the webleuth member tried to engage her in conversation, but she was very vague, and did not reveal who she was. It is possible she was the woman who wrote to him while he was in prison. I think her name, or pen name was something like "Dee". The bottom line, looks to me like neither of these guys has anyone who was close to them before the arrests, believing or supporting them now, unless MB is staying in the background, still trying to believe in her only child, and doing what she can to help him. IMO

Well we know MB visited DM in jail with her letter-carrier capacities.

I don't think DM ever will. I think MS might be just realizing that now. At least he did something to better himself while in jail.

That is all he was ever about was bettering himself. As far as his educational pursuits in prison???? My guess is boredom was his motivation as well as having something to influence the jury with.

That is all he was ever about was bettering himself. As far as his educational pursuits in prison???? My guess is boredom was his motivation as well as having something to influence the jury with.

<modsnip> I'm not trying to defend the guy but at least he has done something a lot more worthy then what his former buddy has been doing in prison.

Why would they need two?

Because that is what the business plan was.....theft ring........steal vehicles for money, use the hangar for a chop shop. DM verbalized needing to move 100,000 a month to stay above water.

I agree, but I also think his smart lawyer, may have advised him that it would make him look more responsible, and trustworthy --- same for the conservative hair style, and clothes he wears to court.

IMO

It seems that his former girlfriend MM, and even perhaps more importantly his mother and sisters do not believe, or support him now either. None of them have ever come to court to offer support by their presence, as far as I have been able to determine.

CBC reported that MS's mother and a sister (didn't specify which one) did in fact attend court for at least one full day. No photos of them were shown.

I believe the link was posted here but am not at my computer right now so can't search for it easily. Perhaps someone else can supply it.

However, it can't always be determined what support, or how much, an accused has from family based on whether those family members attend court during the trial. It is quite common for family members not to do so; perhaps it distresses them too much, or they fear the mob of media, or whatever - they don't get to communicate with their family member in court anyhow. A better gauge of family support is visits to the person while incarcerated, providing amenities, further education etc. (Karla Homolka's bachelor degree in prison was paid for by her family).

Family support is a major determinant of parole application outcomes: a convicted person with strong family and/or community support is much more likely to successfully re-integrate into "normal" life than one who does not have these things. But we rarely get a glimpse of what support an accused (or convicted) person has from the outside. Thankfully, the media for the most part respect the privacy of the families concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214