Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just looking for clarification - Does it mean this actually is the meaning or is it a guess?

Come on, how many times should I write "I'm guessing" or "I could be wrong" or "in my opinion" or "I can't be 100% sure" or "I speculate" ..etc...etc...etc...

Make of my conjecture what you will.

Come on, how many times should I write "I'm guessing" or "I could be wrong" or "in my opinion" or "I can't be 100% sure" or "I speculate" ..etc...etc...etc...

Make of my conjecture what you will.

Again, sorry, no offence. I was confused because the post said "the actual tattoo means..." I assumed there was some evidence that this was the actual meaning. People tend to be sticklers for precision here, I know it can get annoying, sorry.

No inference here, just thought this an interesting read on a cold Saturday in Feb.

http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre2015100900

Current Situation
Gangs on the Internet

Street gangs increasingly are moving online, taking advantage of social media and smartphones to bolster their own reputations and challenge rivals, and the new trend is sparking retaliatory violence, researchers say.

Again, sorry, no offence. I was confused because the post said "the actual tattoo means..." I assumed there was some evidence that this was the actual meaning. People tend to be sticklers for precision here, I know it can get annoying, sorry.

No offence taken whatsoever. You have to understand that I can't always succeed in writing down what I want to clearly mean. Just a human glitch.

I'm just offering an angle from which to look at things. If it turns out to be completely wrong that's perfectly fine because there will be another angle to look at.

Gangs on the Internet

Street gangs increasingly are moving online, taking advantage of social media and smartphones to bolster their own reputations and challenge rivals, and the new trend is sparking retaliatory violence, researchers say.

Biggest seizure of computers in Canadian history pops into mind.

Found these other definitions of "pacific"
Perhaps he is just portraying that his personality is more of a lover than a fighter type thing..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pacific

Who knows...just thought I would throw these into the discussion.

From what we know about MS, his criminal history, etc I doubt it, but this is JMO

After reading this link, he doesn't sound like the "lover than a fighter type"

In it, a man identified as Smich pretends to butcher a bloody body in a dimly lit, plastic-covered room. Someone named Mark S. is listed in the credits as "the killer," but that was changed within hours of the announcement of his arrest back in May.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

Is MS in protective custody as well? if not why is there a difference? Nothing has been proven yet.

Well, this is close in regards to the ring and a tattoo.

Circle with a dot inside (as finger ring) known as "The Roundstone" - Indicates an orphan (круглый сирота, krugliy sirota), or the saying "Trust only yourself" (надейся только на себя, nadeisya tolko na sebya)[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_criminal_tattoos

I wrote that he is connected to bigger players, not that he is a big player. I don't know anything, it's all speculation, just like everyone else on here speculates.

I am also waiting for more to be revealed as the trial continues. Giving up info that incriminates gang members doesn't discount that DM is 100% guilty of murder. But it might save his butt from getting hurt or killed in prison if he's made a deal with LE. Just my opinion, I could be totally wrong.

Also, if MM is not gang involved, I don't think she would have anything to worry about.

I misquoted you and I apologize....you did say connected to bigger players. I'm sorry, I misunderstood your statement.....I thought you were saying that you know he is involved in a gang, not that you were speculating. Sorry for the confusion.

Are they shackled? Or just sitting there at an open desk like the attorneys, where they could get up and lunge at anyone? Is there one of those walls in front of or behind the desk? Is there a prisoner's box in the room? Glass partition?
Don't know if it's been answered, but they are not shackled.

They could always sit further back IMHO. The accused don't have a choice where they sit from what I can tell. JMO. Not to sound insensitive but I wouldn't be sitting at the front. I think I would prefer to be at home or in a separate area away from the press. Again MOO
I'll clarify the seating positions in the court room a bit more. In the gallery part of the court room there are 3 sections of bench seats. The section right down the middle sits about 10-12 people and the areas at the side sit about 4. The prisoners box is right in front of the front middle row and is glassed in. Between the Judge and the gallery there are the lawyer tables. If you're in the gallery looking at the Judge, the Crown is on the right and the Defence is on the left. Pillay is at the first table and I believe Dungey has the table behind his. DM & MS are behind Dungey's. The secondary defence teams are sitting in the tables behind the Crown, but the defence counsel move around as needed. In the courtroom facing the judge, the witness box is directly to the right of the Judge. The Jury sits directly to the right of the witness box with an unobstructed view of the witness, judge, counsel, accused and a couple very large TV monitors. There are no restraints. The Jury enters and exits out of the same door the Judge does and do not pass anyone on their way in or out.

It seems to send out a certain mindset that is not very mature IMO. Maybe not a member of gangland but with a gangland mentality? Who knows...
It's not the first time that we've seen an "immature" mindset in court from either of these characters. IMHO, DM showing up with his Jedi Apprentice braid during the pretrial could be classified a tad bit juvenile. Like come on buddy- you're on trial for first degree murder- GROW UP!!! But then again, all the money in the world may be able to buy you lots of toys, drugs and guns, but it can't buy you maturity, intelligence or morality. MOO

Posted by Stratocaster :
I would assume we hear evidence in the near future about the eventual discovery of the incinerator at the farm as the case unfolds for the jury, does anyone have the date that LE went to the farm and discovered the incinerator? If I can remember right from nearly three years ago the grass was scorched where the incinerator had initially sat before being moved by DM, wonder why the grass was charred, sounds like something didn't go right MOO

The incinerator could have been moved when it was still hot, scorching the grass.

I wonder if they possibly just burned the seats / interior parts of the truck at the hangar (which would explain why they were left there) and then transported the Incinerator and TB to the farm to do the rest? :(

I'll clarify the seating positions in the court room a bit more. In the gallery part of the court room there are 3 sections of bench seats. The section right down the middle sits about 10-12 people and the areas at the side sit about 4. The prisoners box is right in front of the front middle row and is glassed in. Between the Judge and the gallery there are the lawyer tables. If you're in the gallery looking at the Judge, the Crown is on the right and the Defence is on the left. Pillay is at the first table and I believe Dungey has the table behind his. DM & MS are behind Dungey's. The secondary defence teams are sitting in the tables behind the Crown, but the defence counsel move around as needed. In the courtroom facing the judge, the witness box is directly to the right of the Judge. The Jury sits directly to the right of the witness box with an unobstructed view of the witness, judge, counsel, accused and a couple very large TV monitors. There are no restraints. The Jury enters and exits out of the same door the Judge does and do not pass anyone on their way in or out.

So it looks basically like the picture except the prisoner box sits empty?

I wonder if they possibly just burned the seats / interior parts of the truck at the hangar (which would explain why they were left there) and then transported the Incinerator and TB to the farm to do the rest? :(

I believe the Crown has indicated that they ignited the incinerator at the hangar as seen in a neighbour's video surveillance, and it burned there for several hours. We haven't heard of where they determined the seats were burned yet.

I think the testimony so far indicated that it appeared that the seats had been "set on fire". I assume we'll be hearing from some experts who may have been able to determine whether they would have been burned in the incinerator or just set on fire somewhere else to burn the upholstery.

MOO

We're at the trial stage now and this thread is for weekend discussion of trial matters until court resumes.

Please end the continued speculation about gangland affiliations. There have been no indications from MSM, LE or the Crown that gang activities are involved in Tim's murder in any way. It's becoming tiresome for some members and has no known connection to trial issues.

:tyou:

"Smich has been at this jail since Aug. 26, when he was transferred from the Niagara Detention Centre. There, he says, they kept putting him in segregation."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/
IIRC, MS has been in and out of segregation, but FWIK, he's in GP right now. I'm not sure if DM is still in segregation. Back at one of his early hearings- June 13, 2013, DP gave this statement to the press:

“He is getting into a routine, but I can indicate he is locked up for 23 and a half hours a day, and that is pretty tough for anybody,” said Paradkar, adding Millard was likely placed in isolation by prison officials for his own protection."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/13/tim-bosma-murder-suspects-appear-in-court

For types of segregation :http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/research/b39-eng.shtml#Toc195779129

IMHO, being there for his own protection could mean that for a variety of reasons, prison officials are worried that he may not survive in GP or that he may try to interfere with an ongoing investigation. The Crown is alleging that DM was communicating with CN, attempting to get her to tamper with witnesses so IMO, it's hard to say what else he's been up to- thus the segregation may be warranted. IMO, since we don't get a report card from the jail, we have no idea how well he's behaving. Also, since the murder happened in the Hamilton area, they may be genuinely concerned about his safety. IMO, the handle of "Big D" may be noticed by a few "Big Guys" in GP. Perhaps they don't have these same concerns or issues with MS aka Igor's "Little Mouse". lol MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95