Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM is a target. A lot of people in prison have lived hard lives, come from difficult homes...for them to see someone who lived life on easy street in the general population, well, a lot of people would like to teach him a lesson about life...specifically about the kind of lives they've lived.

If that is really the case, then I guess we'll have to spend extra to keep him safe while incarcerated for as long as he is in prison. Maybe he'll get to go to one of those Club Fed places they send the other targets too soft for real jail.

This is simply MOO.

I do not believe that MS would be permitted to have PACIFIC written on his shoes if it in any way was interpreted to be a threat. LE is not stupid, the Crown is not stupid and the Prison Guards are certainly not stupid. MS would not be permitted to wear "colours" in court if he was affiliated with any gangs in, or out, of prison.

PACIFIC means something but I would be very surprised if those involved in the trial would tolerate a perceived threat to the co-accused or those who are witnesses.

Clearly it means something to Smich but I can't wrap my head around the other theories regarding intimidation. JMO

I agree, and I wonder if we can figure out which day or days he wore it.

Was it removed the next day, as if he was told it was not allowed?

Has it been there all week, as if it's fine with authorities?

Who was testifying on the day or days that he wore it?

I understand why family would want to be present. I don't think it matters what row they are in, being in the same room with 2 monsters that allegedly murdered your husband/son/brother would be bad enough. JMO My thoughts and prayers continue for the Bosma family throughout this trial.

I am simply saying that I personally would not need to be in the courtroom, for every day of the trial, if I were the victims family. Possibly for the verdict after following the trial at home. I would also be hoping that they have the right people and that the whole truth comes out. Again JMO

If that is really the case, then I guess we'll have to spend extra to keep him safe while incarcerated for as long as he is in prison. Maybe he'll get to go to one of those Club Fed places they send the other targets too soft for real jail.

Most likely to be left in solitary like RW and PB. People will always want to fight DM, and it has nothing to do with gangs. He's high profile enough to have a name, so "I punched out DM" means something to other prisoners. There are a lot of people who grew up in homes where arguments were solved with violence not discussion, and many of them find their way to prison, and in prison there is a new reality of life. The men fight a lot to sort out hierarchy and "welcome" new inmates. DM, not having grown up with his fists (instead depending on a lady gun) would be seen as soft and there would be a real drive to toughen him up.

I agree, and I wonder if we can figure out which day or days he wore it.

Was it removed the next day, as if he was told it was not allowed?

Has it been there all week, as if it's fine with authorities?

Who was testifying on the day or days that he wore it?

For that matter, why aren't we discussing the black band DM wore on his wedding ring at the start of the trial? Surely that has a gang meaning ;)

For that matter, why aren't we discussing the black band DM wore on his wedding ring at the start of the trial? Surely that has a gang meaning ;)

Maybe he was just covering the ring he was alleged to have worn on an earlier occasion ! I have never heard of gang members wearing black rubber bands, don't they prefer lots of gold and bling? :cooler:..

I dont believe DM is a gang member JMO

I am simply saying that I personally would not need to be in the courtroom, for every day of the trial, if I were the victims family. Possibly for the verdict after following the trial at home. I would also be hoping that they have the right people and that the whole truth comes out. Again JMO

Why would the victim's family want to hear things in bits and pieces, second hand? I think they want to feel assured that justice is done. Why should the victim's family trust the media to deliver the truth, when there are WSers that refuse that themselves?

This is simply MOO.

I do not believe that MS would be permitted to have PACIFIC written on his shoes if it in any way was interpreted to be a threat. LE is not stupid, the Crown is not stupid and the Prison Guards are certainly not stupid. MS would not be permitted to wear "colours" in court if he was affiliated with any gangs in, or out, of prison.

PACIFIC means something but I would be very surprised if those involved in the trial would tolerate a perceived threat to the co-accused or those who are witnesses.

Clearly it means something to Smich but I can't wrap my head around the other theories regarding intimidation. JMO

Even if "Pacific" doesn't mean anything gang related, why would LE allow it?

I have always felt that DM has had a reason to be in solitary/segregation. Sometimes wealthy people are separated to avoid being extorted for canteen from what I hear. But I'm not so sure thats the main reason.

Well, this would be one of the reasons. And a good one, in my opinion.

Well if he told LE certain things, there may have been a deal cut regarding his long term safety in prison. I dunno, I can only guess.

I'm guessing it mimicks a tattoo. The actual tattoo means "trust only yourself". Everyone make of this what you will. I could be as right or wrong as anyone.

Why would the victim's family want to hear things in bits and pieces, second hand? I think they want to feel assured that justice is done. Why should the victim's family trust the media to deliver the truth, when there are WSers that refuse that themselves?

They are free to do whatever they like. I was saying what I would do personally. I wouldn't trust the media to deliver all truth and we only get snippets from the court as it is. But either way, the final outcome is not going to change just because a victims family is sitting in court at the front. That's all I'm saying. They may not feel justice is done regardless of the verdict, at that point they may be waiting for an appeal. It was my own opinion that I was conveying not an attack on what another family chooses to do HTH,.

I'm guessing it mimicks a tattoo. The actual tattoo means "trust only yourself". Everyone make of this what you will. I could be as dead wrong as anyone.

Can you explain what you mean? Mimics which tattoo?

I'm guessing it mimicks a tattoo. The actual tattoo means "trust only yourself". Everyone make of this what you will. I could be as dead wrong as anyone.

I dunno, I Googled...I didn't find anything like that out there.

I dunno, I Googled...I didn't find anything like that out there.

That's because you are looking a regular people tattoos-- like cutesy tattoos of wedding bands.

It could have a different meaning, I can't be 100 % sure what it is, so I'm guessing according to circumstance, but one thing is for sure, it has a meaning.

Well if he told LE certain things, there may have been a deal cut regarding his long term safety in prison. I dunno, I can only guess.

From what I know about the justice system, it is in their mandate to protect the safety of all inmates, for as long as they are incarcerated, regardless of whether or not they cut deals.

Sorry, just looking for clarification - Does it mean this actually is the meaning or is it a guess?

I'm guessing it mimicks a tattoo. The actual tattoo means "trust only yourself". Everyone make of this what you will. I could be as right or wrong as anyone.

That's because you are looking a regular people tattoos-- like cutesy tattoos of wedding bands.

It could have a different meaning, I can't be 100 % sure what it is, so I'm guessing according to circumstance, but one thing is for sure, it has a meaning.

We can discuss a rubber band on a finger if you prefer, but my questions would be the same, which days was it worn, and who else was present that day.

I was actually curious if MS wrote Pacific on his shoes for one day or several days, as I personally suspect that it would have only been one day. I think he would have been asked to remove it as it does seem to stand out as some sort of a message. If that were the case, I am curious who was testifying that day. Does anyone know who was testifying when MS had his Pacific on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax