Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... I don't know how to post pictures, but looking back at the Yukon, I think the black box people are wondering about maybe a brake controller for a trailer. Don't know much about them, just that my husband has one in our van and in his truck to help with electric brakes needed for larger trailers. This is just a thought so MOO

Thanks for the post pswmom I know the kind of box you are referring to, but here what I was referring to.

I was putting the very obvious plate holders in question and I see something like Stealth Plate

http://www.fliptheplate.com/usa-curtaincovered-remote-control-hidden-license-plate-system-s-p-3.html

I then figured the black box with the led and switch is the activation box as many of these plate cover systems have. I tow as well and have a brake controller but none of mine require a cigarette lighter or have an led and switch they are typically much more professional and hook directly into the brake control underneath the steering wheel just above the peddles.

The plates on that Yukon are not your standard plate mounts but clearly look like a sneaky plate hiding scheme. I am surprised he was not pulled over and ticketed for this if he drove for any length of time. JMO Is the black box in the photo I included the kind your husband was referring to? Just saying those plate mounts look awfully fishy to me.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 219
  • plate1.jpg
    plate1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 220
  • plate2.jpg
    plate2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 219
Regarding the two fire patches, my theory is this, the larger odd shaped burn mark was the main burn. The objects to be destroyed were placed there and doused with accelerant. It was then ignited and no doubt overseen for awhile. At some point either the flames were too noticeable or it was almost done the seat frame was dragged out of the main fire and to the place where the still red hot frame then scorched the rectangular mark on the ground. I assume they would want the frame out of the debris to cool down so they could then hide it. The second burn mark did not burn anywhere near as hot as the first burn judging by the condition of the visible corn stalks. I wonder if LE tested the second burn spot for accelerant and whether any items were found there ie grommets coins etc, I only saw flags in the large burn pile.

I don't not know how to post pics here. But the one evidence picture (forensic team going through the burn sites) those sites look to be smaller then we are assuming they are.

In the picture that shows the burnt seat frames. Those seats look to have came out of the truck in one section. Noticed the bracket at the seat base. It joins all 3 sections of the seat together.

So with that said, I'd put my money on the square site to be the seats and the smaller to be their (DM and MS) clothing and what ever else they needed to burn.
Just don't know why they'd need two burn sites to do this...but hey, nothing has been smart from these two from the get go!

Let's say in this scenario DM was smart enough to bring a fire extinguisher along just in case. Perhaps DM burnt the seats first in the irregular shaped area and the fire got out of control, so then he decided to use the fire extinguisher and spray around the perimeter of the tarp to control the next burning kwim. The square area just doesn't seem large enough for the seats. The fact there were grommets found sure sounds like a tarp was included in the burning. MOO.

I took deugirtni's comment to mean that DM and MS planned to burn all incriminating pieces of evidence before late morning the next day, May 7? If the incinerator burned through the night, they might have thought it logical to move the eliminator after it's done its job to the farm (a ten minutes' drive), hide it away in the trees, and finish burning through pieces of clothing or other items stained with blood by 6 am.

At least, that's what I assume happened... But I'm up for other theories, especially since I haven't kept a running track of all the deets of the trial.

When the incinerator left the hangar, it was moved to the barn. May 9th, is when CN was with DM when he moved the incinerator from the barn to the area where LE found it amongst the trees. HTH and MOO.

In the meantime between hangar and farmland the eliminator was hidden in the barn, I think. DM and CN then moved the eliminator from the barn to the open field.

Oops I responded to this also and just read your post FG. :)

Thanks for the post pswmom I know the kind of box you are referring to, but here what I was referring to.

I was putting the very obvious plate holders in question and I see something like Stealth Plate

http://www.fliptheplate.com/usa-curtaincovered-remote-control-hidden-license-plate-system-s-p-3.html

I then figured the black box with the led and switch is the activation box as many of these plate cover systems have. I tow as well and have a brake controller but none of mine require a cigarette lighter or have an led and switch they are typically much more professional and hook directly into the brake control underneath the steering wheel just above the peddles.

The plates on that Yukon are not your standard plate mounts but clearly look like a sneaky plate hiding scheme. I am surprised he was not pulled over and ticketed for this if he drove for any length of time. JMO Is the black box in the photo I included the kind your husband was referring to? Just saying those plate mounts look awfully fishy to me.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

What the heck is the little thing welded to te left back door? Maybe something that goes with that dash switch?

The plate mounts do look weird to me as well. The front bumper does look to have been modified (cut) but I'm not familiar with the Yukon either. I Googled pics but I do not know what year DM's is to compare. But nothing so far that looks like his, then again it could be custom from his chop shop!

ETA: at least his truck plates look cozy and hard to get at...so defense can't say....oh, can those plates be easily removed?!!!

Change green poly for rusty brown canvas and there you have it

Or a large piece of plywood pulled from where the excavator was, as wood was amongst the findings in the chard remains. I guess in the big picture it seems irrelevant why that area seems squared off like that IMO. The fact there was a fire and it was to destroy the evidence of a murder, that's the big picture. :) MOO.

I just checked the phone records on May 7, and you're right, it seemed that at 5:55 am, DM's phone was still pinging off at the airport. Either MS drove back to the farm to burn the evidence while DM alerted his employees to stay away from work, or they waited until the next day to finish the job (going off of the farmer's testimony). On May 8, at 5:43 am DM's phone pinged in Etobicoke, but by 6:18 am, it seemed he was back at the airport. One thing's for sure, they were busy little bees up to no good that week.

would it only take 1/2 hour to go from Etobicoke to hangar? seems quick google maps says 57-59 minutes..he must have been bookin it.

Or a large piece of plywood pulled from where the excavator was, as wood was amongst the findings in the chard remains. I guess in the big picture it seems irrelevant why that area seems squared off like that IMO. The fact there was a fire and it was to destroy the evidence of a murder, that's the big picture. :) MOO.

I agree :)

When the incinerator left the hangar, it was moved to the barn. May 9th, is when CN was with DM when he moved the incinerator from the barn to the area where LE found it amongst the trees. HTH and MOO.

I have actually been wondering about when DM and CN moved the incinerator. The cell phone exhibits never show DM and CN together at the farm. Perhaps this evidence was intentionally left out, in order to be presented in more detail later on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The size of one of the sites would easily be that welded row of seats.
The burn site is at least as wide as 3 rows of corn and parts of another on both outside edges....8 feet wide maybe.
Thanks for pointing out the fact the seats are a single unit !!!

The square patch looks to be about the size of a truck bed liner. Was there a liner in Tim's truck?

Curious about Abitcountry's reference to a rusty brown canvas. What's that about?

The square patch looks to be about the size of a truck bed liner. Was there a liner in Tim's truck?

Curious about Abitcountry's reference to a rusty brown canvas. What's that about?

It's a pretty common add on feature. So it's more then likely Tim's had one. That was another thought as well but couldn't find pics to back it up. No clear shots of Tim's truck box that I have seen.

Rusty brown canvas is in regards to the square burn site theory.

I mentioned a truck bed liner a few pages back but aren't they made of plastic?

Open fires are not allowed in the country either unless you secure a burn permit and declare a burn date.

It may depend on where you live. I get a permit every year from the Hamilton Fire Department (you can also get them from the main city offices on James St. N. I think). I don't have to declare any burn dates.

Here's a link to info about Hamilton burn permits.
http://www2.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/81D8231A-BC56-4A40-9D0C-90E6382ABDD2/0/02283.pdf

Limitations on size and what is allowed to be burned are routinely, ahem, exceeded. I've sometimes burned paper. Neighbours have had bonfires for parties. So as long as a fire was attended by someone, it would probably not set off anyone's alarm bells.

For a giant conflagration, you do need a special kind of permit. Sme company making a movie in the neighbourhood had to get one. The farmer's burn permit was not sufficient.

I have actually been wondering about when DM and CN moved the incinerator. The cell phone exhibits never show DM and CN together at the farm.

Maybe CN is the great brain here, and turned her phone off. Or left it somewhere. Or took the battery out.

would it only take 1/2 hour to go from Etobicoke to hangar? seems quick google maps says 57-59 minutes..he must have been bookin it.

My mistake - I took 6:18 pm for 6:18 am. DM's phone arrived at the hangar at 7:30 am on May 8, which makes a heck of a lot more sense, but certainly he must've still been booking it if he's trying to cover up a murder. I'll edit the previous post to avoid confusion for anyone else reading this thread.

ETA: Just came to mind. If we're still going by the farmer's testimony, and if he saw the plume of smoke on May 8 and not on May 7, DM would still have to travel from the vicinity of Etobicoke to the hangar in less than 20 minutes, if we're going by the phone records. Yikes!

I mentioned a truck bed liner a few pages back but aren't they made of plastic?

They are usually made from Polypropylene (can be made of other materials and even sprayed on) much thicker material then a platic tarp.

My mistake - I took 6:18 pm for 6:18 am. DM's phone arrived at the hangar at 7:30 am on May 8, which makes a heck of a lot more sense, but certainly he must've still been booking it if he's trying to cover up a murder. I'll edit the previous post to avoid confusion for anyone else reading this thread.

Also... at 5:43am his phone isn't in Etobicoke, it's somewhere halfway between Etobicoke and the hangar. It's Milton, I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somewhat lighter at that time in the morning, but is it even possible to get from Etobicoke to Waterloo that fast?

Only by helicopter.

I don't think he would have risked being pulled over for truly excessive speeds anyhow. Google maps estimates of times are excessively positive,too. I've plotted out routes that they told me would take X length of time, and it was at least X + 40% under optimum conditions.

Also... at 5:43am his phone isn't in Etobicoke, it's somewhere halfway between Etobicoke and the hangar. It's Milton, I think?

Just checked, and it looks like his phone was travelling around that area. I was going off of Mob Reporter's slideshow, and the map there didn't specify the exact region where DM's cell dinged (just that it's some distance away from his Etobicoke residence).

Still, he was going pretty fast, if the farmer spotted the plume of smoke at 6 am on May 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste