Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the files in the hangar are dusty. ;)

That looks possibly like a "garden" or "work" type glove with a lighter coloured rubber palm?

MOO

For the life of me....I cannot understand why DM would keep the file folder with the invoice and those gloves in his Yukon. Why didn't he destroy them?? Same with the surveillance DVR that he gave to CN. Why not just destroy it? Why keep the gun??

Anyone have thoughts on this? Was he really just that stupid??

Maybe the files in the hangar are dusty. ;)

That looks possibly like a "garden" or "work" type glove with a lighter coloured rubber palm?

MOO

The glove in the bag appears to be a Kevlar dipped work glove...here are some details of this tyPe of glove.
The Nitrile coating on the palms of these gloves protects against a wide range of solvents and hazardous chemicals, while also resisting punctures, cuts, snags, and abrasion. The coating of the gloves also provides a strong grip. The stretch fabric on the back of the glove allows your hands to move freely.

For the life of me....I cannot understand why DM would keep the file folder with the invoice and those gloves in his Yukon. Why didn't he destroy them?? Same with the surveillance DVR that he gave to CN. Why not just destroy it? Why keep the gun??

Two things:

1) Thought he was invincible after WM and LB.

2) By the time he found out he wasn't, he was WAY out of time.

While I enjoy poking fun at his criminal ineptitude as much as the next person, I do think it's a combo of the above two more than outright stupidity. Everything happened very fast at the end. Also, his "plan" to disappear TB was insanely complex, with a lot of people involved, a lot of moving parts (figuratively and literally), and a boatload of witnesses.

Two things:

1) Thought he was invincible after WM and LB.

2) By the time he found out he wasn't, he was WAY out of time.

While I enjoy poking fun at his criminal ineptitude as much as the next person, I do think it's a combo of the above two more than outright stupidity. Everything happened very fast at the end. Also, his "plan" to disappear TB was insanely complex, with a lot of people involved, a lot of moving parts (figuratively and literally), and a boatload of witnesses.

Hi everyone
I'm wondering if the files were at the hanger (more then likely as it was a business) and DM had file and glove on him to dispose of. BUT got arrested before this could be accomplished?

Absolutely he was stupid. He made way too many mistakes, mainly a result of arrogance and over-confidence, IMO. He also had no idea the police would swoop down on him so quickly, and his time had run out before he could properly clean up his tracks.

A lot of credit is due to Bosma's family, friends, the media, and others who did such an amazing job of spreading the word of TB's disappearance, and also to the police for their swiftness in the investigation.

How and why would he destroy the file and glove when at that point he knew LE were on to him? Couldn't burn them or throw them out at the hangar in case LE were watching it closely. Take evidence home to Maple Gate and maybe have a cozy fire there? (no idea if that house had a fireplace) And his accountant knew about that file. Destroying it doesn't make it go away, just makes it look more suspicious that its missing. Taking it home with an excuse (checking warranty?) would be better don't you think? And then returning it to the hangar after LE had searched.

He thought he could play the shell game with LE I'm sure. Probably knew they'd get a warrant for the hangar. So clear it out until the search was complete then move everything back. The truck, the DVR and the file? He had no idea what they already had on him when they showed up at that hangar IMO.

MOO

ETA: But he knew they were coming. He even coolly said so to them. :rolleyes:

attachment.php
glove found in bag is different than the gloves found on DM during arrest

Howso?

The duffle bag glove resembles this:

370.jpg

The gloves seized on DM's person look like these:

autogeek_2271_101088119.jpg

JMO

I was up in the Roseville Road area this morning and I specifically took a detour to have a visual of the "former" Millard property. I was having a really hard time trying to figure out WHY they would move the Eliminator to the Hangar vs. just using it there. Well, I think I finally get it now after looking at everything for myself. The neighbours are actually quite close and the privacy you would assume you would have on a country property really isn't there. The Trinity Road/Book Road area is actually more spread out than this area on Roseville Road. No wonder so many saw so much.

Makes me wonder why he didn`t just sell of the farm property after his engagement failed in 2011. Maybe he needed a space to store his incinerator? Oh wait, he purchased that a year later.

Been following since 2013....first time posting.
Am relieved to finally be in the trial stage....and am very much appreciating the the thought and effort in all the posts so far.

Something has been on my mind for sometime now.....has to do with the 2 scorch patterns in the farm field--One looks quite irregular as might be expected from a bonfire ( and it does look like it has been roughed up either to disguise it or to put it out more thoroughly after being lit right on top of cornstalk stubble)......But the other has very clear borders on all sides and distinct 90 degree corners as one might expect could be found under a not incinerator after it had been fired up.

Checking back on the testimony I twigged on the horse farmer who spotted lights on the barn silo at 11:30 pm on May 7 or 8......the dairy farmer (spotted dark smoke on Millard far at 6am on May 7 or 8......and then omg today with the commuter guy spotting something weird on a trailer on Kossuth Road at 5 am possibly on the 8th.....I am positively vibrating. Seem to recall that DM's phone pinged off the tower nearest the farm Tuesday morning (when he texted AJ & SS not to go to the hangar???)

I am thinking that DM and his posse were exceedingly busy in the hours following the deed in Ancaster and possibly did a first burn at the hanger (maybe even have burned enough material to require that the incinerator be cleared of ash before proceeding).
A second burn may have been required and a separate bonfire to to get rid of the soiled seats with an accelerant (they would have been to difficult to have been burnt and the metal retrieved from deep inside the incinerator)--definitely something they would not want to do behind the hanger next to a busy road.

I think they were in a hurry starting Monday night right thru to the morning of Wed. May 8.....So when AJ arrives at work Wednesday morning he sees a truck that is stripped down on a tarp looking staged and looking pretty respectable with some spray cans around it
as if someone has been working on for a couple of days. I will just bet there was no 'big redneck smoker' just sitting out in the parking lot for AJ to think on when he arrived. ( But I will not put any bets on SS if you know what I mean).

I think I just scared myself.......

Welcome Abitcountry!

:welcome4::welcome4:

At the beginning of the trial, there were seats reserved for other families, too. The Millard family. The Smich family.

But nobody ever sat there.

As far as I can tell, Smich has never had a supporter in the courtroom.

Millard has had a couple of people there. Once, a middle-aged man asked a court officer if he could speak with Millard because he knew him. He was told no.

Another time a middle-aged woman — not his mother — smiled and waved and mouthed greetings to Millard. I asked her who she was and she became flustered.

"I'd rather not say," she replied.

I never saw her again.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6314339-clairmont-each-day-before-court-the-bosma-family-prays/

Thanks for posting that one. I was just going to post it as it looks very similar to the one in the bag.

MOO

Thank you for posting an image showing the difference...the Kevlar gloves are quite different than the nitrile gloves found upon his arrest.

Smiling and waving at Millard in court? Pretty gutsy.

from very reliable sources "a very very close friend of dellen m. going against him in next coming days" so deep dark days ahead for DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste