Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I noticed what appeared to be spray paint cans on the tarp inside the hangar, but if the interior metal floor of TB's truck had been spraypainted (black), then it didn't make sense to me that LE would have found blood in the screwhole in the floor. Wouldn't it have been covered up, or at least mixed in with the black paint if it had been painted? Plus, from photos of the interior, it didn't look like it had been freshly painted to me. MOO
maybe they ran out of time. Moo

Yes I noticed what appeared to be spray paint cans on the tarp inside the hangar, but if the interior metal floor of TB's truck had been spraypainted (black), then it didn't make sense to me that LE would have found blood in the screwhole in the floor. Wouldn't it have been covered up, or at least mixed in with the black paint if it had been painted? Plus, from photos of the interior, it didn't look like it had been freshly painted to me. MOO

Maybe DM sucked at painting? He sucked at everything else! JMO
My answer tho (from my experience) hopefully I can explain in text. Easier to show for me then it is to explain.....if the spray wasn't aimed directly into the bolt holes and only misted across the surface, the paint wouldn't directly go into the holes. It would to a degree but not fully. When I painted my 40' trailer frame. I used a combination of spray and canned Tremclad. When I had a bolt hole, just a regular pass didn't fully paint into it. I had to aim directly into the hole from a few angles (which runs occured) so I used a small detail brush to get the bolt hole fully painted.

Just going on forensic testimony and common sense. If the cab of the truck smelled of paint...the plastics (dash, door panels etc) obviously weren't painted (lots of DNA) the overhead liner, obviously not painted (DNA and GSR) seats were burnt (so obviously not those) So what else, other then the floors in the cab could have been painted?

I suppose only "Arthur" would be able to answer that at this point. And would that be "proof"? I believe BD stated that MS tried to get him to pick up the toolbox and he was unavailable so the task was eventually done by Arthur. And MS was angry about the fact that Arthur had told his mother about it and she had yelled at MS in Russian?

What I don't recall from any of the tweets was that there were two items to be picked up, a backpack and a toolbox. I also don't recall the backpack being found by LE and entered into evidence?

MOO

I wonder why MS told Arthur what was in the toolbox? or if Arthur thought it was drugs too?

That floor looks crudely spray painted to me.
http://i.cbc.ca/1.3450991.145688078...vatives/original_300/bosma-interior-truck.png

I personally don't know enough about the legal system or the trial process to provide my own opinion. However, on Friday I spoke to a Staff Sergeant from the Hamilton Police who led a certain division in this case, and he stated that he doesn't expect either of them to go on the stand. His exact words were: "They will get eviscerated if they go on the stand."

I've found many errors in AP tweets and due to that stopped following her. IMO some of her reporting is " her opinion". I'd take that info with a grain of salt . MOO

This case is turning into a farce. The constant legal arguments and evidence being withheld from jury is ridiculous. Tell the story with ALL known evidence and let the jury decide. The defence is painting a different f picture of these and it is unfair. Dressing them up, growing hair and neatly parting it in case of MS. Jury will see through that as his true calling lours were obvious during surveillance photos.

This case is turning into a farce. The constant legal arguments and evidence being withheld from jury is ridiculous. Tell the story with ALL known evidence and let the jury decide. The defence is painting a different f picture of these and it is unfair. Dressing them up, growing hair and neatly parting it in case of MS. Jury will see through that as his true calling lours were obvious during surveillance photos.
moo of course

If there are going to be any "blockbuster witnesses" I think MM could be one of them.

By the sounds of it MS has told her some of the details ... when arrested he kept yelling out to her .... “Don’t tell them anything, babe,”

Has she not also told police Mark buried the gun in the forest ?

I am sure she knows a lot more and I bet she will tell it in court

Red Herrings vs Satin White

If I had to make a guess DM meant to say .... pick up a couple of cases of Satin Black (not satin White)
--- he had just used up several cans of satin black on TB's truck .... (also called semi-gloss black) (or flat black)
--- I have done lots of auto painting , aircraft painting and used tons of black and never used white
--- and if a person was to order white it would be one can , not 2 boxes
--- black is excellent , and is the preferred color for covering truck floors , frames , engine compartments , nobody uses white
--- painting (house - building) walls with a spray can of white would stick out like a sore thumb

I could be wrong , but one way or the other the Satin White text is likely a red herring that has nothing to do with the truck or the trailer .... unless the crown knows something we have not been told yet .... makes me wonder why it is even mentioned in court other than it was mixed in with other texts and timelines

The "family fortune" went bankrupt in 1990. Millardair could no longer make a go of it using their small fleet of WW2 era DC-3's, R4D's, and DC-4's. They ended their days being picked for parts and being scrapped at Brantford airport in the 1990's. I remember walking the apron at Brantford a few times on Sunday lunch outings with my father, and seeing their sad state then. IIRC, Millardair also had an inactive storage hanger there.

I'm not sure what Millardair did throughout the 1990's and into the 2000's, until Carl Millard died in 2006.. but newspaper articles as i remember them indicated that Millardair was stuck in a time-warp in terms of lack of modernization during that period of time... they weren't making much in the way of money to top up the family fortunes.

Three of the DC 3's were purchased by company called Gateway Airlines. Two were made airworthy and the third was used for parts. Buffalo Airways bought one of the DC4s. The plane hadn't flown for years and had been sitting outside. AMEs from Buffalo came and worked on it for a while and flew it out of there. It was pretty exciting to see it fly again. Those airplanes are a piece of history. As far as I know, Millard never had a hanger at the Brantford airport.

Having an association with the Canadian aviation industry, I can say that Millard Air was well known and not always in a good way. Aviation is a close knit community here. People I know were blown away when DM was arrested. That's certainly one of the reasons that I became interested in this case.

I always thought the white, if it really was white spray paint DM requested, then i thought it was for the outside of the trailer..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I've found many errors in AP tweets and due to that stopped following her. IMO some of her reporting is " her opinion". I'd take that info with a grain of salt . MOO

At first she was slower and less accurate than the rest of the pack, but she has improved since and I've re-followed her. She had some great colour commentary lately that got across a bit more than some of the others that stuck to just the words.

That (if it had been freshly painted) could be why there was a pretty clear mark of the sole of a shoe also?

Interesting to note that they had so much better evidence already in the truck that they chose to ignore that in court.

Yes, wasn't it AP (I could be mistaken) who, about a week or so ago, said the girlfriends were up next and then the Crown was finished?

Interesting to note that they had so much better evidence already in the truck that they chose to ignore that in court.

I'm sure they wouldn't have ignored it, if they had been able to find the shoe with the matching tread. I wonder what they did with their clothing and it would be interesting if MM could recall which shoes MS had been wearing when he had been picked up by DM on the evening of May 6th. I believe MS is shown both before and after in those white ones with the velcro over the laces? If the two burned their clothes.. oh nevermind, I guess they could have removed their clothing while in the hangar. I was going to say.. driving a truck while sitting naked on a bucket. Sorry, it's late.

Who is AP? I've looked in the twitter roll call list and don't see a reporter with those initials. TIA

I just wanted to clarify something. I believe I have read upthread, people saying that 'they' (AM and MH) heard on the radio about DM's arrest, and etc., and then they got scared and decided to ditch the items before meeting up with MS. AM already knew both things before he met up with MH. AM texted MH in the morning, and communicated to him that DM had been arrested. I believe he told he for a truck theft. And then while the two were in the car on the way to delivering the 2 items, AM told MH that the case was all over the news.. at which time MH turned on the radio and heard about the TB case.. and then he became terrified, stopped the car, and wanted to immediately ditch the items at the first available opportunity, which they did.

I wanted to clarify this because AM already had all of this knowledge.. that DM had been arrested, that it was for the Bosma case, and that AM was in possession of a backpack (presumably full of weed), and that DM had also given MH the toolbox. He didn't seem to be scared at ALL.. not until he told MH about it, and MH became scared.. why did MH become scared? Imo, it was because he knew dang well what was in the toolbox. Now that he heard that DM was implicated in a MP case (missing for the past FIVE days), he put 2 + 2 together and wanted NOTHING to do with that toolbox.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member