Boulder DA sued for release of indictment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the quotes are messed up.

:seeya:

Yes, I thought I botched it, but I think it's WS quote thingy.....sorry about the mix up! Typing on my ipad doesn't help much, either.....

Sorry Chlban! IDK what's up with the quotes. :blushing:

No Problem, mine are coming out the same way. I was just getting a little conerned that sone of the particular quotes that looked like they were coming from me.

Personally, I'm OK with books, I actually read them, I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, some mystery intruder, and it's been quite a few years since I tried to wait up for Santa. :blushing:

No Problem, mine are coming out the same way. I was just getting a little conerned that sone of the particular quotes that looked like they were coming from me.

Personally, I'm OK with books, I actually read them, I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, some mystery intruder, and it's been quite a few years since I tried to wait up for Santa. :blushing:

Cynic. :floorlaugh:

I don't have my speakers plugged in so I don't know if this has more info or if it's all the same old stuff but here's another news link about this that I have to share with you :)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/2...jonbenet-murder-indictment/?intcmp=latestnews

this quote from a GJ member is new for me. tip o' the hat to princesspjs for the link

Trace Gallegher and Judge Andrew Napolitano w/ Shepard Smith

SS: shocking new developments after more than 16 years, the unsolved murder of the child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey gets a new twist. according to multiple reports the GJ in the case actually voted to indict the little girl's parents in her death. but the prosecutor at the time did not charge them, saying there wasn't enough evidence. of course JonBenet's murder became a media sensation back in 1996 after her father reportedly found her body in the basement on Christmas Day. John and Patsy Ramsey came under heavy suspicion but years later prosecutors cleared them of any invovlement. Patsy Ramsey died in 2006. the case is officially still on the books, still open. the former DA in this case who said we're not gonna charge anybody, saying nothing now

TG: AH says he can't say anything because under CO law GJ proceedings are secret, but almost 14 years later AH still stands very much behind his decision not to prosecute the Ramseys. but other CO prosecutors say even if the case was weak the DA is still obligated to sign an indictment and then, in open court for all to see, push to get the case dismissed. today on Studio B Judge Andrew Napolitano says he's never seen anything like it. listen:

AN: normally the prosecutor would not present evidence to the GJ unless the prosecutor really believed that the people against whom the evidence was presented committed the crime, and that the prosecutor had enough evidence with which to obtain a conviction

TG: the ADA under Alex Hunter said today that he also thought the case was weak but that two other prosecutors in the DA's office at the time, they wanted the Ramseys tried in court

SS: if the evidence was weak is it the normal course of events that they put it before a jury and let the jury decide?

TG: it is in fact exactly what you said, Shep, and the jury really said they wanted to indict because they thought the parents were involved. and you've got to remember, I mean, the GJ looked at this thing, they met for almost a year and a half, they went over 30,000 pages of reports, hundreds of pieces of evidence. and today a GJ member said, and I'm quoting here, we didn't know who did what, but we felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't. now the DA who replaced AH said that she later found DNA evidence that exonerated the Ramseys but many experts have said that evidence is highly questionable. the police say if they get new evidence they will look at it

hi everyone,

i was very young when this happened and I remember catching a glimpse of it on the news one night when I was walking through the living room. I'm still up in the air as to who I think murdered Jon Benet and if there was a coverup within the family etc...

first, i wanted to thank you all for all of your very informative posts. i'm going to go read some of the other jon benet threads so I can be better informed..

in terms of the topic here, i don't know how i feel about the release of the indictment, yea it would be nice to be able to read it, i don't know legally if it can be released or not, I guess we will find out. If its true that the GJ did indict the parents, I firmly believe this should have been put in front of a jury and a jury should have been able to decide. Why even present to a GJ if you aren't going to accept their indictment. To me, that's like a judge over ruling a jurys verdict in the guilt phase of a trial. JMO

hi everyone,

i was very young when this happened and I remember catching a glimpse of it on the news one night when I was walking through the living room. I'm still up in the air as to who I think murdered Jon Benet and if there was a coverup within the family etc...

first, i wanted to thank you all for all of your very informative posts. i'm going to go read some of the other jon benet threads so I can be better informed..

in terms of the topic here, i don't know how i feel about the release of the indictment, yea it would be nice to be able to read it, i don't know legally if it can be released or not, I guess we will find out. If its true that the GJ did indict the parents, I firmly believe this should have been put in front of a jury and a jury should have been able to decide. Why even present to a GJ if you aren't going to accept their indictment. To me, that's like a judge over ruling a jurys verdict in the guilt phase of a trial. JMO

JMO. I want to see this indictment released. This reeks....just like the cover up in the Sandusky case.

What the hell?? It's only innocent children, right??

http://www./960243/jonbenet-ramsey-...sed-to-charge-parents-has-controversial-past/

JonBenét Ramsey Case: Prosecutor Who Refused To Charge Parents Has Controversial Past

The release could shed more light on the death of JonBenét Ramsey and what role her parents may have played.
It could also give new insight into the decision of Alex Hunter not to prosecute the parents.

this quote from a GJ member is new for me. tip o' the hat to princesspjs for the link

Trace Gallegher and Judge Andrew Napolitano w/ Shepard Smith

SS: shocking new developments after more than 16 years, the unsolved murder of the child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey gets a new twist. according to multiple reports the GJ in the case actually voted to indict the little girl's parents in her death. but the prosecutor at the time did not charge them, saying there wasn't enough evidence. of course JonBenet's murder became a media sensation back in 1996 after her father reportedly found her body in the basement on Christmas Day. John and Patsy Ramsey came under heavy suspicion but years later prosecutors cleared them of any invovlement. Patsy Ramsey died in 2006. the case is officially still on the books, still open. the former DA in this case who said we're not gonna charge anybody, saying nothing now

TG: AH says he can't say anything because under CO law GJ proceedings are secret, but almost 14 years later AH still stands very much behind his decision not to prosecute the Ramseys. but other CO prosecutors say even if the case was weak the DA is still obligated to sign an indictment and then, in open court for all to see, push to get the case dismissed. today on Studio B Judge Andrew Napolitano says he's never seen anything like it. listen:

AN: normally the prosecutor would not present evidence to the GJ unless the prosecutor really believed that the people against whom the evidence was presented committed the crime, and that the prosecutor had enough evidence with which to obtain a conviction

TG: the ADA under Alex Hunter said today that he also thought the case was weak but that two other prosecutors in the DA's office at the time, they wanted the Ramseys tried in court

SS: if the evidence was weak is it the normal course of events that they put it before a jury and let the jury decide?

TG: it is in fact exactly what you said, Shep, and the jury really said they wanted to indict because they thought the parents were involved. and you've got to remember, I mean, the GJ looked at this thing, they met for almost a year and a half, they went over 30,000 pages of reports, hundreds of pieces of evidence. and today a GJ member said, and I'm quoting here, we didn't know who did what, but we felt the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't. now the DA who replaced AH said that she later found DNA evidence that exonerated the Ramseys but many experts have said that evidence is highly questionable. the police say if they get new evidence they will look at it

@bold >>interesting!

I've read on another forum that S.Garnett and Pat Burke are close friends.Is it true?

hi everyone,

Mollyandme,

It is TRUE that the GJ voted to indict the parents. It's also true that Alex Hunter refused to sign the indictment.

Alex Hunter said time and time again that he wasn't using the GJ to secure an indictment, but was using it as an "investigative body." Apparently, someone forgot to tell the GJ that because they issued one indictment each for John and Patsy Ramsey. There is a multitude of reasons why Hunter refused to sign the indictment, but first and foremost, he refused to sign it because his own misdeeds in handling this case would have come to light.

Thank you for coming here with an open mind and critical thinking skills.

JMO

Bynum used to work for AH.
I hear now that P.Burke is friends with Garnett.
Lou Smit was praying with the Ramsey's.
Mary Lacy treated them like family.
The prosecution shared most of the evidence with the suspects.

No need to say more,it's all about connections and friends when it comes to this case,DISGUSTING.

I've read on another forum that S.Garnett and Pat Burke are close friends.Is it true?

Not sure. Let me see what I can find out. Wouldn't surprise me...Just sayin'.

Bynum used to work for AH.
I hear now that P.Burke is friends with Garnett.
Lou Smit was praying with the Ramsey's.
Mary Lacy treated them like family.
The prosecution shared most of the evidence with the suspects.

No need to say more,it's all about connections and friends when it comes to this case,DISGUSTING.

The Boulder Legal Community is very small and incestuous.

Don't forget Pete Hofstrom's relationship with Bynum....

no wonder that the few objective ones who wanted the truth out quit in disgust...

http://www./960243/jonbenet-ramsey-...sed-to-charge-parents-has-controversial-past/

JonBenét Ramsey Case: Prosecutor Who Refused To Charge Parents Has Controversial Past

The release could shed more light on the death of JonBenét Ramsey and what role her parents may have played.
It could also give new insight into the decision of Alex Hunter not to prosecute the parents.

This link confirms what we have been saying about Hunter working with Shapiro. Shapiro dug up dirt on John Eller. For some reason I can't copy and paste from this article. Eller, White, Thomas, and who knows who else.

Yep, the Hunter, he sure did the right thing, he righted his ship...Yes indeed.

JMO

Eller, who served as commander of the Boulder police department but now lives in Florida, said Hunter worked with Globe reporter Jeff Shapiro to dig up dirt from his past
Read more at http://www./960243/jonbenet-ramsey-...s-has-controversial-past/#R8qWSMTPVoCU2xjc.99

http://www./960243/jonbenet-ramsey-...s-has-controversial-past/#R8qWSMTPVoCU2xjc.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~